Spray Bottle Brainstorming

Yinseng

The fact that a spray bottle filled with 200+ units of liquid could fit in a pocket, while a bucket that carries half of that can't, has always really fucked with my head.

People will want to keep death chems in spray bottles for sure, and I'm not for or against that feature, but one thing I CAN agree with is the capacity is 2 damn high.

At the very least, I give suggestion 2. a +1. Suggestion 1 and 3 I'll have to think about (I'm currently on my way to play a show and I'm not at my computer.)

I'm going to avoid putting my two cents in as I pretty much exclusively play science.

I feel the need to add/correct a bit of information here though. First that spray-bottles only hold 250 units, they also already have a few "blacklisted" chems (mainly acids).

Spray-bottles have two toggle-able modes, the first being sprays of 5 units (The one that covers 3 tiles, which amounts to around 1.5 regents per tile) and the other being 10 units covering one tile. In general you'll only see people using the 5 units spray, for as far as I know there is no benefit to using the 10 unit setting.

... You're also completely right about them invalidating flamethrowers

Spray-bottles have two toggle-able modes, the first being sprays of 5 units (The one that covers 3 tiles, which amounts to around 1.5 regents per tile) and the other being 10 units covering one tile. In general you'll only see people using the 5 units spray, for as far as I know there is no benefit to using the 10 unit setting.

^

Dis here. That's a big factor and it's really dumb. You effectively only use 5 units per spray with a 3 tile range. That's 50 sprays from a single, full spray bottle, so basically 50 "Bullets" in your "Gun". Compare this to an ACTUAL Energy Gun (Which does have much longer range.)

That means, against most people that are not Security, who have disablers and tasers an E-guns an the like, you not only have chemical fuckery advantage, but ranged advantage. 3 tiles doesn't seem like much, and in most cases it is not. But for Chemistry related shenanigans, any range is a BIG deal, because of just how scarily potent Death-Mixes can be.

Hell, they're so potent that more then one person has made a "One-hit kill" mix that can off someone in like... 5-10 seconds, from a single application, usually via syringe gun. Add into that your traitor only toxins and sweet baby jesus it gets silly fast.

There's a damned solid reason why Science Traitors are at such a HUGE advantage compared to being a traitor in any other department, given there's a free access Chem lab -right- there. And nobody is going to question a chemical researcher making a death mix of chemicals because... well.. that's.. what they do? That's the entire point of it, to experiment with chemical mixes and see what it does.

That.. doesn't seem right at all. What the heck.

Maybe it's supposed to be 15u (5u per space) and it was just never fixed?

As far as I know that's what was intended for it. It's just that fire-mixes react with the O2 in the air, and lube is just, well... strong.

I doubt it was meant to be used as a weapon in the first place though.

I feel the need to add/correct a bit of information here though. First that spray-bottles only hold 250 units, they also already have a few "blacklisted" chems (mainly acids).

I'm feeling the need to correct your addition/correction. They do NOT have blacklisted chems. They did at one point, and then it was reverted a bit afterwords. All chems can be placed into the crappy little plastic bottles, which frankly makes about as much sense as the mime singing opera in the AI core (ie: none) when you consider CLF3 is practically just liquid fire.

I'm feeling the need to correct your addition/correction. They do NOT have blacklisted chems. They did at one point, and then it was reverted a bit afterwords. All chems can be placed into the crappy little plastic bottles, which frankly makes about as much sense as the mime singing opera in the AI core (ie: none) when you consider CLF3 is practically just liquid fire.

True enough, my meaning was that Acids placed in chem bottles and sprayed do not actually behave as acids (They do absolutely nothing). I heard that this is because of the new system as to how regents are applied now though, you're one of our coders so I'm willing to bet you're a lot more knowledgeable about this than me, but I know for a fact acids sprayed from a bottle don't work (Unless this was a very recent change).

Also, I completely agree with you as for the CLF3. Fire mixes in bottles should really not be a thing

I know I said the game wasn't meant to be easy, but, seriously, this is absolutely ridiculous.

"OH HEY I HAVE A MINI FLAMETHROWER IN MY POCKET"

"OH HEY DUDE I HAVE A CHEM THAT'LL LITERALLY FRY YOU IN SECONDS IN MY POCKET. FUCK YOU."

It's literally the best validgaming tool in the game, and I've seen it used just for that time after time.

Please, by all that is holy, add a blacklist to this thing.

End of Spark speaking on matters at 12: 50 AM.

How about reducing their capacity to only be able to hold 50u at a time?

That will make it so that you have to carry around a bucket to refill the bottle with and will make quite a bit more sense.

It will also be way easier to code and making some weird interactions with certain chems will just confuse people who have never used it.

To me it seems that spray bottles are only abusable if people don't know you're in possession of them, which makes them similar to most other dangerous stuff. If sec knows you have one it's their own fault for getting caught off-guard and deathsprayed to death.

You only need 1u of lube to make things slippery, not 1.9u.

Blacklisting plasma won't blacklist plasma derivatives, those are different chems.

100 1u sprays is more than 10 5u sprays.

You only need 1u of lube to make things slippery, not 1.9u.

This was proposed as a change, not a mention of how it works right now.

Blacklisting plasma won't blacklist plasma derivatives, those are different chems.

The idea is that the derivatives would be blacklisted also.

100 1u sprays is more than 10 5u sprays.

Ok?

This would make it impossible to use the Chem bottle for healing. Spamming 1u of synthflesh won't help at all.

If anything, we should just stick to nursing lube and Blacklisting chems. Not changing the bottle's output.

This would make it impossible to use the Chem bottle for healing. Spamming 1u of synthflesh won't help at all.

But I like this. We should be giving people Saline-Gluocose, not hosing them down with synthflesh.

It's the future

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use