Petty Changes

SkyPing

Your medbay experiences highly differ from mine then, because the #1 thing that is typically lacking is people actively capable of surgery. On more than one occasion I've had to drag sec officers to robotics, which is profoundly ridiculous to have to resort to when I'm supposed to be a paramedic.

Thats problem of people who play doctors not profession itself. Medical doctor is one of the first "real" professions availible for any newbie. So there are alot of people how only learns the game. While people experienced in medicine prefere to play more pro-active professions such as brig phys and paramedic who do not wait for work coming to them but going to work themselves(Brig phys often saves downed officers from maintenance, paramedic saves everyone with sensors maxed). We should better make something which could make MD more interesting for experienced players. And maybe make MD a bit longer warm-up for newbies. Maybe make a nurse stand-alone job?

Your medbay experiences highly differ from mine then, because the #1 thing that is typically lacking is people actively capable of surgery. On more than one occasion I've had to drag sec officers to robotics, which is profoundly ridiculous to have to resort to when I'm supposed to be a paramedic.

I think it depends on the time. I play NA evenings and there's usually 1-2 surgeons or people capable of it. It is less than before due to surgery being changed significantly, but the extra speed for those of us who know it is great.

I think it depends on the time. I play NA evenings and there's usually 1-2 surgeons or people capable of it. It is less than before due to surgery being changed significantly, but the extra speed for those of us who know it is great.

While new surgery is indeed abit confusing at first its not very different from bay surgery. There is also surgery computer which give you hints how to do surgery step by step!!! So if you know basic mechanic of SS13 well you could learn the surgery in one day.

While new surgery is indeed abit confusing at first its not very different from bay surgery. There is also surgery computer which give you hints how to do surgery step by step!!! So if you know basic mechanic of SS13 well you could learn the surgery in one day.

Well, surgery is more than just what is on the wiki, though broken bones can be learned pretty quickly.

For example, it is a bit of a different skill to know how to install implante.

Beyond that, ending the surgery manually earlier when there aren't broken bones, when to pick organ manipulation to stack surgeries, how and when to do ghetto surgery are all things that aren't learned in a day and dramatically change the total time that needs to be spent.

Then there's xeno organ surgery and implantation, IPC repair, and how to treat different species (plasmamen can be operated on through their suit, diona don't feel pain, vox should get an ether injection, IPC microbattery shenanigans, shadowling dethrall, operating on two locations at once, not needing to check the scanner printout repeatedly for multiple injured sites, how to uninfect organs without spaceacilin, how to treat non-organ infections surgically. Shrapnel and embedded object removal too.

The basics are pretty simple but there's actually quite a bit of advanced techniques for an enterprising surgeon who wants to master the role, and even reading the wiki implants threw me for a loop.

Supply reporting in, please give us shutters! When things go to hell it's good to keep the masses at bay when you need to.

Also, in the maintenance disposals (the end of disposals after the cargo portion), that "grinder" device that's one or two squares from where the disposal pipes enter the area? That should wreck you IMHO - definitely broken bones and 25+ brute if you walk over it. Instead, it does nothing. I think this is a good thing for multiple reasons, primarily that people who use disposals as an escape route get rekt. Maybe it's the supply-side "get off my lawn" attitude here, but I do think that adding an environmental effect could be cool there.

While we're on the subject of disposals, for the love of God let dead things be able to pass through cargo disposals! It's bogus that when there's a spider or carp infestation that the first thing everyone does when they see a dead spider/carp is to stuff it down disposals, where it gets trapped in cargo forever because the bloody conveyor belts won't allow dead bodies to pass into the final disposal chute. Also this to rid the world of that damed Poly when the CE decides to assign the QM to petsit. I don't care about committing vandalism, that damned bird is a vandal. GET OFF MY LAWN!

Have the blast door controls on the bridge simply bolt the side entrances instead of triggering a blast door which inevitably will crush a head who was coming or going.

I don't think Captain's gloves protect from electricity. They should.

Starfleet uniforms. TNG style with department color on the shoulders. Do it. Maybe that deserves its own thread considering it's a bigger concept.

Please do fix the ambulance with the janicart engine. And that fucking stretcher. Why dont just allow any portable bed to attach to the ambulance? Why can't you drag the ambulance stretcher anywhere?!

Honestly, medic should get extra access, not less. Toxins always blows up and there's like 4 locked doors in the shortest route to get there. Perhaps an emergency door override that can be used once a shift or takes a LONG time to recharge in a recharger and makes a loud noise and alerts over sec comms.

HoP should lose sec comms but gain all other channels to be able to contact people and provide jobs. HoP's not implanted, can be a traitor and shouldn't be HoPcurity. And yes, they become acting cap if the cap isn't there, but otherwise they are just another head. So lose their sec channel and give it to...

The Blueshield! They SHOULD have sec comms. But I think I'm beating a horse killed by the admins on that one.

Supply reporting in, please give us shutters! When things go to hell it's good to keep the masses at bay when you need to.

Also, in the maintenance disposals (the end of disposals after the cargo portion), that "grinder" device that's one or two squares from where the disposal pipes enter the area? That should wreck you IMHO - definitely broken bones and 25+ brute if you walk over it. Instead, it does nothing. I think this is a good thing for multiple reasons, primarily that people who use disposals as an escape route get rekt. Maybe it's the supply-side "get off my lawn" attitude here, but I do think that adding an environmental effect could be cool there.

While we're on the subject of disposals, for the love of God let dead things be able to pass through cargo disposals! It's bogus that when there's a spider or carp infestation that the first thing everyone does when they see a dead spider/carp is to stuff it down disposals, where it gets trapped in cargo forever because the bloody conveyor belts won't allow dead bodies to pass into the final disposal chute. Also this to rid the world of that damed Poly when the CE decides to assign the QM to petsit. I don't care about committing vandalism, that damned bird is a vandal. GET OFF MY LAWN!

Have the blast door controls on the bridge simply bolt the side entrances instead of triggering a blast door which inevitably will crush a head who was coming or going.

Starfleet uniforms. TNG style with department color on the shoulders. Do it. Maybe that deserves its own thread considering it's a bigger concept.

Please do fix the ambulance with the janicart engine. And that fucking stretcher. Why dont just allow any portable bed to attach to the ambulance? Why can't you drag the ambulance stretcher anywhere?!

Honestly, medic should get extra access, not less. Toxins always blows up and there's like 4 locked doors in the shortest route to get there. Perhaps an emergency door override that can be used once a shift or takes a LONG time to recharge in a recharger and makes a loud noise and alerts over sec comms.

HoP should lose sec comms but gain all other channels to be able to contact people and provide jobs. HoP's not implanted, can be a traitor and shouldn't be HoPcurity. And yes, they become acting cap if the cap isn't there, but otherwise they are just another head. So lose their sec channel and give it to...

The Blueshield! They SHOULD have sec comms. But I think I'm beating a horse killed by the admins on that one.

Grinder have safety protocols which could be overwriten by emag. After this grinder will do things you want.

Shutters for QM and cargo is good idea.

Hop playng HoPcurity is a problem of players not HoP himself. HoPs playing Batman should be jobbanned from playing HoP, but his security channels is fine.

Starfleet uniforms is good but I want come casual uniform for security. And it would be nice to make a female version of security uniform and brig. phys, one.

Can we allow the pen to label pill bottles? Right now it tries to store the pen, and obviously the pen can't go in there.

Also, can we allow the pen label character limit to be higher than 10?

While this should be a thing, can't you just use a Handheld Labeler?

They are in chemistry not in medical storage. Chemists dont even unlock locker with pill bottles without loud whine at medical channel.

Could be good to have one hand labeler at security lobby for labeling evidence and equipment such as armour and firearms. So if greytider would be captured with one you could easily find out where he got it.

Let's break this down thing by thing:

Also, in the maintenance disposals (the end of disposals after the cargo portion), that "grinder" device that's one or two squares from where the disposal pipes enter the area? That should wreck you IMHO - definitely broken bones and 25+ brute if you walk over it. Instead, it does nothing. I think this is a good thing for multiple reasons, primarily that people who use disposals as an escape route get rekt.

It can have its safeties disabled to do just this. Might require the use of an emag, but it's for the best that not just any jerk can walk in and disable those.

Those plastic flaps allow things that are laying down to pass through. If a simple_animal doesn't get through, it is because it isn't considered as lying (which dead ones probably should count at, this is most likely just an oversight). Plus, the sorting room is for just that: SORTING. Dead stuff can be used by the chef and such, so wasting it in disposals would be something of not doing your job.

Those blast doors are there for privacy and protection. A bolted door can be hacked easily, meaning you lose the defensive capabilities of that blast door. If a head is caught in it, that's because someone wasn't paying attention, which you should always do when operating heavy machinery like a blast door.

They do.

Yep, that would be its own suggestion due to the sprite work.

Something something parking brakes? Something something specialized hitch? No real clue here, vehicle code is not something I enjoy trying to figure out.

An emergency key could be neat, but would definitely result in people using it just to barge in and steal from places, like taking the cap's spare ID for all-access. Shortest route to toxins is actually through maintenance, meaning one locked door, though.

Presumably this is to contact sec officers about filling job vacancies or acting as a temporary HoS until one can be selected and promoted from within the department. HoP-curity is actually considered powergaming and validhunting, and should be reported to admins to be handled appropriately.

They were specifically left out of sec comms to avoid them becoming Blue-curity, as they are NOT to be handling security issues beyond direct threats to the heads. They are a corporate bodyguard, not a fancy rent-a-cop.

I feel like the handheld labeler exists ONLY to label pill bottles - it can't label beakers or buckets.

And Virus dishes.

Trust me

Hand labeller is your best friend in Virology if you are trying to be organized.

(This is all beside the point but still.)

Could you unnerf security belt capacity but forbid to carry grenades inside? Because Security carring capacity seems to be too nerfed for me only because of grenadiers among officers. You have to carry your supply of zipties in your backback just because you have no free space in your belt.

An emergency override card would be pretty neat, if it announced what department door was open by what ID card over either security, or global chat that could help. I mean if the AI sees someone barg into a door over the radio it will immediately check out who and what is going on and be able to start closing and bolting doors. And security will probably also immediately swarm the area looking for a reason to arrest someone.

It would be great for an antag to attempt to steal and use as an emergency escape card. Maybe emagging the emergency card could disable the radio announcement and only announce it locally like normal speech or make some crazy noise people can hear. That way it wont ruin doors like an emag and allow a more stealthy operations. Perhaps it could open the door and leave it open until interacted with but not ruin the electronics.

I'll add some suggestions.

1. Being able to drink straight from any liquid dispenser. You right click, say, a booze dispenser and choose the option "Drink", and a window would pop up with options pertaining to what liquid you would like to ingest and the amount. You'd just imagine your character putting his mouth under the nozzle and letting the liquid squanch into his mouth. This would work for the chem dispenser and soda dispenser as well.

2. Being able to put anything into a wooden pipe to smoke it. Almost anything. I wanna put tribble fur in a pipe and see what that does to my health.

Please give a detective security belt by default in his locker to carry his stuff. Or maybe even special forensics belt for his scanner and other useful stuff.

UPD. Please give CMO same advanced medical HUD Blueshield and Brig Physician have. Because now CMO is the weakest member of command staff. Every other Command member and CC VIP have some sort of flash protection be it sunglasses, welding googles or HUD. Even QM and IAA have flash protection.

2. Being able to put anything into a wooden pipe to smoke it.

This actually is something I've been meaning to adjust. Currently, all pipes come pre-filled (even freshly cut corncob ones, where did that filling come from?) with an absurdly long-lasting supply, and can be instantly refilled without actually needing ANYTHING to be put in them.

My idea is to make all pipes begin empty, and instead add pipe tobacco to the cig vendors and allow you to place plants into the pipes to smoke those as an alternative, so you need to fill them periodically and require an actual item to be consumed in the process.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use