Petty Changes

SkyPing

Here is a list of small/petty/easy changes for gameplay features that just don't seem to make sense and appear easy to code. Feel free to add any extra ones you come up with. None of these really deserve their own discussion due to their insignificance.

All of the suggestions below are changes that I cannot find any reasonable arguments against. If you want to add one, make sure you view the issue from all angles that you can. Derail YOURSELF before others do it for you.

Add Silver Sulf to Sleepers

Currently, a fully upgraded sleeper in medical lacks Silver Sulf. The only way to heal burn damage in a sleeper is to fully upgrade it, then use omnizine. I can't really think of any reason why Silver Sulf is absent, and chances are that you, the reader, haven't even noticed that it was missing. But... Why exclude it?

Medical Chemistry Shutters

... Well, of course, I shouldn't need to explain anything there. Moving on.

Cargo Main Desk Shutters

This one isn't as obvious as MedChem shutters, so here's my insight into it. In RnD, because the console is locked to anyone not a scientist, the only real reason to break into it is to use the Autolathe (unless science leaves protolathe items on their desks, but... Is that common enough to warrant shutters?). In cargo, there's an Autolathe AND the shuttle console. The Autolathe alone may Warrent cargo shutters.

I don't feel too strongly about this, but maybe the cargo players have an opinion?

Engineering Ore Redeemer Access

Again, fairly obvious why. Engineering COULD horde minerals, but so can the Miners and Supply in general (and the only miner that I knew who did that stuff was banned 2 weeks ago). I've only started playing engineer recently, so any input into this would be appreciated. I could be missing something.

Feel free to add anything.

Edit: One more to the initial ones!

Complete Vox Raider Objectives End Round is Weird

The two times I've played Vox Raider, the team was able to complete all the objectives, but failed to get green text from them because of really strange and specific areas that the raiders/items had to be in that WEREN'T specified by the objective list.

This literally doesn't affect any sort of gameplay whatsoever because of "Mah greentext", but this thread be for the petty shit, and green text is about as petty as you can get! (Don't kill me pls) So why not?

It's always irked me that there was no reliable way to heal burn damage with the sleepers without omnizine but i figure it'd be done for balance purposes. It would be nice to include even a low burn healing substance that the sleepers can heal minor burns without shoving someone in the cryopods (usually the first go-to solution instead of the kits).

I second chemistry having a shutter but ONLY for the public window portion. The rest would be ludicrous and make the job that much more of a pain int he ass for the CMO.

It's always irked me that there was no reliable way to heal burn damage with the sleepers without omnizine but i figure it'd be done for balance purposes. It would be nice to include even a low burn healing substance that the sleepers can heal minor burns without shoving someone in the cryopods (usually the first go-to solution instead of the kits).

I second chemistry having a shutter but ONLY for the public window portion. The rest would be ludicrous and make the job that much more of a pain int he ass for the CMO.

Thats a really weird way to balance things.

And yeah, chemistry shutters would only be for the public portion. To work exactly like the RnD shutters. And the Robotic shutters. And the Kitchen shutters. And the Ho-you get it.

The styptic powder in the sleepers manages to heal up brute damage without any side effects, unless this was changed recently and/or I'm remembering things wrong (I'm trying out new jobs and haven't gone medical for about a week now). If someone can confirm this, that would be great, I can't remember.

The styptic powder in the sleepers manages to heal up brute damage without any side effects, unless this was changed recently and/or I'm remembering things wrong (I'm trying out new jobs and haven't gone medical for about a week now). If someone can confirm this, that would be great, I can't remember.

You are indeed correct.

Sleepers have Styptic Powder synthesizing in them by default, and when used do NOT cause toxin damage. The toxin damage is only when when ingested via pill form (And maybe syringes.)

The sleeper doesn't incite the side effects because if it did, it would be functionally useless as the most important chemicals it has on round start would be actively killing your patient instead of healing them.

So just imagine it's like... puffing out styptic solution over the wounds, iunno.

- Styptic Powder and Silver Sulf both cause toxing damage only on the act of ingestion, not on being metabolized

- Both of those chems heal both on touch AND being metabolized

- Sleepers have no flags defining the type of application, so just like the hypospray they won't trigger anything

I think it's a good idea to add Silver Sulf to the sleepers. Right now cryotubes are the "lazy" option and adding this functionality to the sleeper would make them quite a bit more useful.

- Sleepers have no flags defining the type of application, so just like the hypospray they won't trigger anything

THERE it is, perfect. Thanks guys. Also, one more to add.

Make the Ambulance function more like the Pussy Wagon

If you ever used both the Paramedic vehicle and the Janitor vehicle, you'll know that that Pussy Wagon is superior in every way, and that the ambulance is

Literal Cancer.

This is mostly because both vehicles work on different systems for some reason. If there's any way people can make the Ambulance work more like the Pussy Wagon, it will make Paramedic much more enjoyable to play. (This might be really major and complex, or this could just be as simple as copying/pasting a bunch of code. No idea, but here it is.)

Display the Karma reminder when the emergency shuttle arrives rather than at the end of the round. The end of the round is such a clusterfuck between reading the results and the random violence that it's not the best of times to be thinking who's the most deserving. But that long ride on the shuttle sure is.

When the shuttle departs is also an improvement but generally the clowns and shitcurity are already spamming their loud toys by then.

You can disable the karma reminder in your settings. Also, the shuttle while in transit is still part of the round, and traitors will still have objectives to complete (Most notably, the Hijack the shuttle traitor objective, or the escape with x amount of acolytes cult objective.)

Surgery access for Paramedics would be grand.

Paramedic's job is stabilazing people in crit and properly bringing them to medbay for doctors to care. Paramedic have no knowledge of surgery. He/her just a medical technician without doctor degree.

The real lacking access for paramedic is a morgue access. So you can bring dead and cloned/beyond cloning people to morgue while doctors doing their job.

And please give Brig Phys. medical chanel by default as well as defibrillator. Better nitrile gloves would be good as well. You can indeed just make a trip to medbay and take them, thanks to your access, but "stealing" stuff from doctors is not good.

You're confusing paramedics with EMTs. They aren't the same thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramedic#Skills_by_certification_level

Paramedics are very highly skilled.

Maybe. But there are enough doctors to actually operate people plus brig phys. who usually make his own independent mini-medbay in brig for officers needs(and who also have surgery access). There is no need in more surgeons.

Paramedic with his maintenance access(which actual doctors lack) was made here for rescuing people from dangerous places (unaccessible by doctors) and then handing them over to doctors. Good paramedic remains in medbay only at start of the round.

Your medbay experiences highly differ from mine then, because the #1 thing that is typically lacking is people actively capable of surgery. On more than one occasion I've had to drag sec officers to robotics, which is profoundly ridiculous to have to resort to when I'm supposed to be a paramedic.

Then go doctor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use