Paradise Wiki Team

scrubmcnoob

About: The sparse info you need to know!

The wiki team is a group of people who regularly check the google report form to complete wiki requests and occasionally collaborate together to generally improve areas of the wiki. Members are granted the power to edit the response form to update it and receive the Wiki Contributor tag when commitment is shown and retain them with activity.

How to join: Anyone with basic English can do it!

Contact scrubmcnoob, using the Paradise Discord stating your wishes of joining the team; staying on the discord is mandatory to be on the team(Mics are not required).

The Team: Tick marks are people who passed recent activity checks.

Scrubmcnoob☑

TullyBBurnalot☑

Keroman☑

Balthusdire☑

Saintdune☑

Durbitwaz☑

Triel☑

All names in this roster should match discord name for easy tagging.

Important Links: All important links to wiki Categories.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Category:Outdated

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Cat ... te_Content

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Cat ... or_removal

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Cat ... n_Progress

Next Meeting: Hosted on the Paradise discord. Anyone may join on the conversation. All times are based off GMT 0. Only hosted when really needed.

Coming Soon™

Google Report Form Responses: A list of all reports that need to be dealt with and completed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1690713171

General Help: For those who can't be bothered to join but wish to help when they can.

Quite simple really, use the following form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdpUBzKljpM4PXAi5-IIaWHVJdDLsvMsdv95pAhHrWYM2M-FA/viewform and submit a report.

Edited by Guest

I already have a pretty solid index of pages requiring work.

Eventually when I get more into the server again (I'm on a bit of a break) I want to go through and standardize every single job page across the wiki.

Here's that index.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7034

The only problem of that is the thread can get out dated with what really needs fixing. If we start using the Wiki tags, such as outdated, then we can just look at a large page to see the stuff needing changes. And when the page is updated, the tag is removed. This will just avoid the whole need of constantly updating a separate thread.

And the plan is to host meetings with Wiki members and give them a page assignment there, as well do general fixing all together, answering questions, etc.

That'll be about noon my time which means I'll be right in the middle of my workday. I'll be logged on to the Discord, though, and depending on how buys or quiet work is I may or may not be able to participate.

Alright that is fine, as time goes on, we will start having more and more global times for wiki meetings where we can get the most members at one time. I will also talk with a Discord power holder to make us a text and voip channel.

Great, a bunch of nerds trying to shape up my atrocities by "dedicated work"

Does this mean I have to actually start doing something and give more "wiki dev" badges?

Great, a bunch of nerds trying to shape up my atrocities by "dedicated work"

Does this mean I have to actually start doing something and give more "wiki dev" badges?

Yes.

The only problem of that is the thread can get out dated with what really needs fixing. If we start using the Wiki tags, such as outdated, then we can just look at a large page to see the stuff needing changes. And when the page is updated, the tag is removed. This will just avoid the whole need of constantly updating a separate thread.

And the plan is to host meetings with Wiki members and give them a page assignment there, as well do general fixing all together, answering questions, etc.

I kept it on the forum as it was because the tags were infrequently referenced (seeing as there was nobody working on the wiki in a dedicated manner), and the wiki was edited more or less by a hodge podge of random people interested in doing so occasionally (save a handful of dedicated persons) up until this point.

I kept it on the forum as it was because the tags were infrequently referenced (seeing as there was nobody working on the wiki in a dedicated manner), and the wiki was edited more or less by a hodge podge of random people interested in doing so occasionally (save a handful of dedicated persons) up until this point.

I'll stick with updating the wiki randomly thank you very much

Ah, I won't be able to make the tomorrow meeting.

Any chance we could bother someone (Regen, I believe) to get a channel on the Discord in order to archive all the stuff we talk about when we're not on the voicechat?

I wouldn't mind giving a hand, mostly because it'll give me something to do in the bored downtime I have, and it'll actually be something productive, woo!

But yeah, I'll help out where I can.

So I'm about halfway done with the Crash Course in Roleplaying page.

I also did some other edits:

- At Regens' request added the "Last Resort" ability to the changeling page.

- Added a table to the bottom of all Job pages that lists the jobs. There was a table already in use (Template: Jobs) but it was kind of.. well.. huge. The new one (Template: JobsTable) is as compact as I can make it while still looking decent. Also several people said they liked the coloring, although I found it kind of jarring.

- At Neca's request added a table to the bottom of all SOP pages that lists other SOP pages (Template: SOPTable). Now you can quickly navigate between department SOPs without having to go back to the main SOP page.

Check out the WIP version of the Crash Course in RP page: http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/User:Keroman

I completely excised the RP tips for each job because they mostly seemed like simplistic guides for HOW to do the job rather than how to roleplay them well. I also added a section about roleplaying as an antagonist as well as how you might react as the target of an antag.

Let me know what you think, or if there's any changes you'd like to suggest before I copy it over to the actual page for that article.

A good read.

Only suggestion I have is add in the meanings for abbreviations like OOC and IC. I know you linked the rules but that links to the wiki page of rules which does not have the abbreviations for OOC and IC unlike rules on the forums.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use