Paradise Wiki Team

scrubmcnoob

I'm going to look into creating pages for all of the verbs available in the in-game tabs. There are references on the wiki to stuff like ahelps but there's no page for it. Do you guys think it would be better to have each on their own page or to have something like a "Common Terms and Defiitions" page with everything relevant listed on it?

Eh, I'm partially against the idea. If someone wants to know what a certain verb does, they can either test it, or just m/ahelp it if it's really urgent. Just my personal opinion, but I can see the use of a "glossary" of all the verbs collected.

It seems like a good idea but don't know how practical it be. To be honest, most people know what the verbs do and they are self explanatory; not to mention something you won't forget.

I will also talk with more people tomorrow about assigning more roles.

Lore work!

That's right, we are actually placing our hands into it!

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Lore

Before you somersault over your desk, this page is going be a collection of all the lore articles on the wiki. Meaning, you should be able to read this page and if you follow all the links, know much more about our universe. (Once it is done that is.)

It's wonderful that we have all these people clacking away writing their lore but its just all mashed up once put into the disorganized wiki, so this page is going fix that. As of right now we aren't changing any lore, merely collecting it and organizing it. We will start making basic lore changes and updates to fix any paradoxes/the numerous amounts of missing info about our lore once we finish collecting it all.

tl;dr lore is getting organized and then fixed/added in to fill in the holes.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'd like to get this team back to work. I talked to scrubmcnoob and he's decided to step aside for his own reasons. I asked Tully if he objected to me calling for a team meeting but I haven't heard back from him after 24 hours.

Who all is still here and ready to get editing? I'd like to see about having a meeting sometime in the next week. Feel free to get in touch with me on the Discord as well. Let me know what time would work best for you for a team meeting and I'll try to schedule something for when the most people can attend. If necessary maybe we could have several meetings so that those who can't be there for one can still get involved and pick a page to edit.

Mostly I'd like to focus on adding or editing stuff on the wiki that was patched in last week, including the addition of the Drask species! If you know of any wiki pages that are sorely outdated let me know and we can add them to the to-do list and get someone working on them.

I've been busy with work the past couple months, hence my absence and lack of doing pretty much anything.

But now that my vegetable garden is planted, who knows what will happen!

(Cucumbers may even happen).

I'll have to get back into the server before I make any concerted efforts at wikiwikiwiki'ing it up.

Alright, just finished with the team meeting. Below are my notes from what we discussed.

Wiki Team Roster (Alphabetical Order)

Anibalviana

Coldflame

Cotux

CrAzYPiLoT

DarkPyrolord

DisreputableSquid

FlattestGuitar

Grey

Jamania

Keroman - Lead (until someone volunteers)

Purpose2

Shadeykins

SigholtStarsong - Xenomorph page revamp

Vesocia

Meeting Notes

Paradise Wiki Team Meeting (5/21/16)

---

Things to discuss:

- Team leader/leader responsibilities

- Outdated pages

- Scour wiki for outdated pages

- Update Jobs page/separate Antags into own page

- Ideas for new pages

- Prioritize work

- Pick projects

---

Leader responsibilities: Check in with team members once/week and get status updates. Share summary of updates with Regen and/or Tully as necessary. Organize team meetings.

Searching for Outdated Pages:

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Category:Outdated

FlattestGuitar

DarkPyroLord

Tauka Usanake

CrAzYPiLoT

- Search the wiki for pages with outdated content and add them to the Outdated category. 1 week

Change "Jobs" page to "Roles" and change front page of wiki to reflect that? Done!

Ideas for new pages:

- Guide for using emags/List of emaggable items (See below)

- Guide for going out into space (what to bring with!)

- Medical cross-reference guide for different species

- Add Golem page to Jobs/Roles

- New machines added that aren't on the construction guide

- Redirect main page from "The Basics" to "Starter Guide" which is more up to date. Done!

Projects

- Coldflame - Security items

- FlattestGuitar - Chemistry Guide

- Purpose - SOP (when forum discussion is done)

- Vesocia - Emaggable items list

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Cat ... file_links

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Category:Outdated

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Cat ... n_Progress

Edited by Guest

Yep! Several members of the team are working on finding as many outdated pages as they can in the next week and then we'll start prioritizing which pages need work first and get people going on those ones.

In the meantime anyone's welcome to edit the wiki so if you come across anything that needs only minor tweaks then go for it.

Also, liran, did you want to join the Wiki team? Anyone's welcome to join so I can just add you to the list super quick.

Quick update. Here's what the Wiki Team is working on right now. I'm currently contacting each team member to find out just what their projects are so this list will be updated over the next few days:

Anibalviana

Coldflame - Sec gear page update/cleanup.

CrAzYPiLoT - Scientist job page update

DarkPyrolord - Xenobio page update. Fixing missing page links.

FlattestGuitar - Shadowling page update

Grey - ERT page update.

Jamania - Tesla page update. Mockup formatting for potential revamp of antag pages.

Keroman - Cultist page update

Purpose2 - AI page update

Shadeykins

Vesocia - List of emaggable items and their effects.

• 2 weeks later...

Team Meeting Notes (June 11, 2016)

Wiki Team Roster (Alphabetical Order)

Anibalviana - General Items list update

Coldflame - Redoing Security Items page (updated armor/helmet sprites and other equipment)

Cotux - Merging engine setup guides, setting up a Location page for engine containment

CrAzYPiLoT

DarkPyrolord - Scientist page (traitor section) update

DisreputableSquid

FlattestGuitar

Grey - Syndie Item page update

Jamania

Keroman

Purpose2 - Update AI page

Shadeykins

SigholtStarsong - Revamp of Xenomorph page

Vesocia - List of emaggable items

---

Discuss new Contraband page. How should it look: tables, lists, or something else? Get two more volunteers to help Crazypilot out with it. TOP PRIORITY

> Kero, Cotux, and Crazypilot work on getting contraband list set up grouped by severity of the crime. Also maybe a grid like this at the top to quickly identify the item? http://i.imgur.com/m3eOuRq.png

Discuss "Category: Locations" page and updating pictures of each location as necessary. Decide on standards for each location page.

> Upload updated images for location pages wherever necessary. Cotux will add a new location for engine containment along with links to the engine setup guide.

> Kero will look into resizing images so that the location pages show a slightly smaller screenshot of the location but you can click on it for a full-size version.

Go through changelog and compare to wiki to ensure wiki is up to date.

> Kero gon' do this

Show and Tell! - Show your work, get suggestions for improvements. Go in alphabetical order.

> DarkPyrolord = For Scientist guide revamp traitor guide and add info about scientist-only uplink items (poisons and stimulants)

> Cotux = Merge Tesla and Singularity setup pages into one page, ensure that all pages that linked to singularity setup point to this new page.

> FlattestGuitar = Tweak genetics guide for slightly better formatting. Change UI modification section to use a table instead of a long vertical list. Add icons to shadowling page for each listed power.

Wiki Dev forum tags?

> Done!

• 2 months later...

Jump starting the wiki team again.

Integrated the new google forum system.

Will be messaging various members on the list for activity check, will purge off old ones.

After a solid base is established, will start ensuring that requests are being processed and marked off.

Anyone wishing to join, look at the OP.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use