ADDENDUM: Implant SOP for Science and Medical

TullyBBurnalot

Due to the recent addition of Xeno Organs and Cybernetic implants, I hereby propose the addition of the following list to be added to the Medical and Science SOP:

Exotic Implants:

Exotic Implants refer to Xeno Organs, Cybernetic Implants or any such exotic materials.

1. General utility implants (such as Welding Shield, Nutriment or Reviver) are unregulated, and may be handed out freely;

2. X-Ray Vision and Thermal Vision implants may be handed out freely, but may have their implantation vetoed by the Chief Medical Officer and/or Research Director (see below);

Medical HUDs must be approved by the Chief Medical Officer before implantation, and Security HUDs require express permission from the Head of Security or Warden;

Combat-capable Implants (such as the CNS Rebooter or Anti-Drop) are not be handed out without express permission from the Head of Security;

Cybernetic Implantation should be performed in Surgery or any such sterilized environment, to reduce the risk of internal infection. If no Surgeons or Doctors are available, the Roboticist can fill in;

The Chief Medical Officer and Research Director have the power to veto any Cybernetic Implantation or Xeno Organ Implantation if they believe it threatens the stability of the station or crew. Only the Captain may override this veto;

Xeno Organs may be harvested at will, but may not be implanted without express permission from the Chief Medical Officer. Egg-Laying Organs from Xenomorph Lifeforms are strictly forbidden;

Failure to follow these Guidelines makes the offending party liable to having their Exotic Implants forcefully removed

Edited by Guest

Yeah, Xenomorph Eggs, even laid by humans, produce hostile Facehuggers that can very easily begin infestations. Only people with, I believe, a certain Xenomorph Node Organ, are immune to them. Hence the danger.

I would like to argue that x-ray/thermals would count as "combat-capable.", as it does give you the ability to see through walls and all, and apparently by this SOP, anyone can get them.

Though, I guess the opposite could be argued as well, considering IIRC geneticists can hand out powers under the confirmation from the RD. Unless I'm wrong.

RD.

I'd argue they're not combat capable as, unlike Anti-Drop and CNS Rebooter, they have no direct impact on ACTUAL combat. Anti-Drop means you can hold on to your weapons, CNS Rebooter functions as a miniature adrenaline implant. By comparison, Thermals and X-Ray are peanuts, especially considering you still need them implanted by a surgeon on your eyes.

Plus, the CMO can just veto it.

Without authorisation, containment, etc, laying eggs around is very much self antagging. Even Weyland-Yutani would think it's a bad idea.

This will most likely need to be revised a fair bit as implants are tweaked and added, but so far it looks pretty good. Creating classes (combat, etc), is a good way to do this as any new ones can just be added to them simply.

Wouldn't it be totally valid for a pair of hijack taitors to functionally turn themselves into xeno queens and infest half the station?

Very much so, but if you're a traitor, SoP is not really an issue.

CMO/RD should have Veto power over the HoS, not the other way around. HoS has way to much damn authority (and access) to begin with. If CMO refuses HoS's demands to implant his security crew with implants, only the Captain should be able to overrule it, not the HoS.

Well if I recall, there's a node organ that prevents facehuggers from hugging them. The only question is if there's a organ that lets them use the xeno hivemind or not.

That would be interesting. However that would only be useful for other people who have it, basically a hard-to-get encryption key or what you use in your headsets. Being able to talk to xenos could be something you could give Xenobiology but otherwise as traitors go it wouldn't or rather shouldn't help them in the slightest.

Would be nice if it could, but it wouldn't

X-Ray Vision and Thermal Vision implants may be handed out freely, but may have their implantation vetoed by the Chief Medical Officer and/or Research Director (see below);

Xray sounds like it'd be a breach in security for IC reasons....besides invading everyone's privacy.

Medical HUDs may be handed out freely

I can only read this as "Everyone's medical files may be handed out to everyone and/or modified"

I can't comment much as I have not played recently and thus not tried the new system yet.

Wait, do MedHUD implants also allow you to change Med Records?

EDIT: Also keep in mind that the CMO/RD can veto the X-Ray implanter thingymabobber, so there's that.

Wait, do MedHUD implants also allow you to change Med Records?

Yep! Sort of; they allow you to remotely change the Medical STATUS of a person (Active, Deceased, etc.). I'm not sure if Med Records can change as well, but they probably can.

However, your ID might still need to have access to medical records in order to access this feature. So, if say, a Scientist printed out an NV medhud, he wouldn't be able to mess with medical records with it, but a doctor can.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but hey, I wanna test it now.

Combined with the medhuds ability to change physical status, these both could be abused like hell.

Nobody ever pays attention to Medical Stats. You can set someone to clinically insane and physically unable to do their duty and security would come down hard on your ass for kidnapping by keeping them detained in medical till you can cure them. Especially if it's a security officer beating the shit out of your patients you are trying to calm down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use