Remove Crusader Armour Cult Immunity

Shadeykins

The Chaplain is already immune to cult runes whilst wielding the null rod.

However, the crusader armour (which is always actively worn now, more or less) provides immunity as well... Meaning the Chaplain is more or less incapable of being countered by the cult.

As it already provides a considerable melee defense buff (the cult's main weapon of choice), the inclusion of cult-immunity on top of this is a bit too much in terms of balance.

Literally just finished testing this in the Admin Test Area. Neither the Stun Talisman or Stun Rune are nullified by anyone wearing the Crusader Armor.

Huh.

My other theory is that they may have had the null rod equipped in the exosuit slot (The holy sword fits on the exosuit slot for the crusader armour).

Could you try testing that?

This isn't an "active wield" so AFAIK (or at least as far as I've been informed) the null rod shouldn't have an effect, but it might.

If that doesn't work, try stunning with the nullrod active, disarming it, and trying again. That's what I did in this instance, and neither paper (the paper prior to the stunrod being disarmed and the paper after it had been removed) worked.

Thanks Tully.

Crusader armor doesn't even grant cult immunity.

lol.

Then you've got a bug report to deal with, as noted in the other thread.

Or maybe you're just mistaken.

The null rod grants full immunity to a number of cult effects by merely having it on your person (backpack/pocket/suit/implanted/hands/etc. It doesn't matter); the way the code is written, there's very little ways this could break; if it's not of them, then the proc goes through with what it's supposed to do--it's a very simple pass/fail check.

Yeah, I think I figured it out.

The Null Rod was probably in the exosuit slot on the armour, which is possible with the crusader set - which may or may not be an unintended balance change since the null rod was never able to be 'wielded' passively before the crusader armour update.

Yeah, I think I figured it out.

The Null Rod was probably in the exosuit slot on the armour, which is possible with the crusader set - which may or may not be an unintended balance change since the null rod was never able to be 'wielded' passively before the crusader armour update.

The null rod has never needed to be "wielded" to protect the person who has it---just having it anywhere on their person (including having it implanted into them) is going to grant them immunity to cult-related things--it's always been this way.

I assume that it just checks the character themself and doesn't include the bag then, which means that the crusader armour also provides the benefit of an exosuit slot allowing you to have the nullrod effect active at all times without foregoing a belt slot.

Correct?

If so, I imagine this is just an unintended balance change - albeit not a huge one.

It's hardly a balance change when having the null rod at any position on your person, up to and including surgically implanted will grant you immunity to most cult things

Does this include bags, though?

I've stunpapered plenty of chaplains, and I am going to be very disappoint if all they have to do to counter that the entire time was have the nullrod in their bag.

It's hardly a balance change when having the null rod at any position on your person, up to and including surgically implanted will grant you immunity to most cult things

Does this include bags, though?

I've stunpapered plenty of chaplains, and I am going to be very disappoint if all they have to do to counter that the entire time was have the nullrod in their bag.

It does indeed include bags.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use