Chem synth

thegman254

Hell no.

Goofchem is super powerful, to remove the small amount effort it takes to shit out murderkill chems is just a bad idea.

You can't really blacklist the killy shit as almost everything IS killy shit.

All in all, this is just a way for chemists to be even lazier.

^

Chemistry is not really that hard, hell most chemists who actually do their job, end up having all the meds by the half hour mark, and then just sorta faff about with nothing to actually do. Giving them an ability to completely negate their own job isn't gonna help that.

In addition to the fact, this only factors in medical chemistry, Science also has a Chem Lab, and god only knows how much Phlog they'll spew forth from that thing if it was able to synth it like nothing.

The mixture time on chemicals is usually that way for balance reasons to offset how potent the chemical actually is. Odysseus Death Mechs are usually unholy abominations for just that reason whenever they use the syringe gun to infinite synth mixtures that outright kill you within 2 seconds.

I'd rather not have that mechanic given to ALL Traitor scientists/Chemists.

I ain't even gonna touch the Balance Argument, because I don't need to. I'ma touch the Effort Argument.

Here are the current ways of having infinite Chems:

1) Have an Odysseus scan the reagent. This requires that either Science or Cargo provide Robotics with the ability to print the boards, or the boards themselves. It also requires Robotics to actually get off their ass and do it. And even then, it's limited to 75 units of the reagent at a time, you need to shoot syringe out and manually inject their contents into something, and even then it's limited by battery power;

2) Certain chems in the sleepers. This requires that Science upgrade the sleepers properly, plus it needs someone to constantly be putting a Test Animal through dialysis, then processing the blood beaker, making the pills, etc.

Having a button that boils down to "Poosh, git Chem" is a ridiculous notion. Infini-chems take effort, as is. Removing that effort is just plain dumb.

We could look into having something like goon does, where you can program chemical synthesizers to automix chemicals.

Just not have them coded in freaking Brainfuck

Hmm...similar grammatical style, similar insults, same exact registered IP address--instantly insulting and defensive+leaves when called on it...

Yeah....not a sock puppet.

My favorite part was when he did the whole randomly placed "my completely anonymous friend was right, I should never have come here" thing.

And the two-minute wait after eachother's posts in the middle.

Hmm...similar grammatical style, similar insults, same exact registered IP address--instantly insulting and defensive+leaves when called on it...

Yeah....not a sock puppet.

Apparently that's all you can do, Calling those you don't agree with out as a sock puppet. Don't you ever learn any other way to disagree? Everyone else is disagreeing like a human bean, Excluding you, And aren't you a little too young for the internet? Don't you have school tomorrow? Didn't even bother to respond to my post either.

He asked me to make the account because he was too lazy I literally have the skype log here: https://gyazo.com/531e12e7bc833b09453282246353e096

and if you think that's edited in some way I don't even know what to say at that point

I don't know why you're trying to defend yourself so hard for such a shitty server that calls whoever they don't agree with a "sock puppet". It's so shit, I'm surprised i haven't been banned for not sucking their cocks.

Fludd12's idea of the ability to program chem synth (somehow) is also a great idea, As for being able to rapidly able to acquire certain chemical enough to flood the whole station, Maybe it's also a great idea to make the synth to take time synthetizing the target chemical, The duration of the synthetizing being calculated based on the complexity of the substance and the additional process required (Such as heating it).

Just dumping this here.

2. Maintain a friendly and welcoming environment:

If you'd take time to read not even halfway, not even 1/4 of the way into the damn rules you wouldn't be getting yelled at.

I'm pretty sure we're not mad because you disagree but we're mad because you barged in here and decided your first three posts on the forums would be acting disrespectful/hostile out of fucking nowhere. Leave and do not come back and do not reply to this thread anymore unless you're going to act decent and everyone will be just happy, okay, "little girl?"

*coff...* But programmable chem machines are cool. Never figured them out on Goon myself.

Regarding the topic: programmable chem synths sounds freakin' sweet. The rest, not so much.

Regarding the ongoing flamewar: what the fuck, Fox? It had already passed. It had ended. And you just reincited it.

What the fuck, NTSAM? Don't be an asshole just because someone else was. That leads into an infinite spiral of shittiness.

You two should know better.

What the fuck, sch0ck? Since when was straight-up insulting people a good idea for getting into a new community?

Regarding the topic: programmable chem synths sounds freakin' sweet. The rest, not so much.

Regarding the ongoing flamewar: what the fuck, Fox? It had already passed. It had ended. And you just reincited it.

What the fuck, NTSAM? Don't be an asshole just because someone else was. That leads into an infinite spiral of shittiness.

You two should know better.

What the fuck, sch0ck? Since when was straight-up insulting people a good idea for getting into a new community?

I'm here just for my friend, Not to stay, Hell i even asked him to make me an account because i couldn't be assed to.

I bet Fox's going to call you as another sockpuppet too.

If you can't spare a measly 5 minutes to make your own account then you shouldn't be using these forums, you know.

You shouldn't be using the forums at all if you're not going to be actually using your account for doing anything but saying "i agree" and "fuck you asshole xddd." Yes, I am fully aware this is the internet and not everyone will be nice but I think Fox and I would both appreciate it if you shut the fuck up and act at least a bit respectful.