HEY VULP LORE LOOK AT ME

Shadeykins

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Shadeyboo

Flattest wrote up the bulk of this, and I fluffed up a bunch of details and proofread it.

Please give input, especially if you're an admunz.

After eight months in development, we hope it was worth the weight.

This is a WIP still, but it's reaching polished state and we need teh suggestions on existing content.

(but really, let me know if Flattypatty and I can put this live to the Vulp page)

My one gripe with the lore would be the transition from "Oral tradition, disorganized pockets of Vulpkanin" to "Suddenly centralized under a nebulous OWG with massive industrial boost".

Then again, Willing Suspension of Disbelief, no one wants to come up with a full sociological history of a fictional species, and allows for personal interpretation.

Make vulps have no genitalia, thus no testosterone or sexual drive.

They have no reason to get a partner of the different or same sex for any reason other than remaining friends.

They're racially friendzoned by themselves.

They have no reason to get a partner of the different or same sex for any reason other than remaining friends.

*tip* M'vulpkanin.

I vote against this personally and hope it's just a joke. Please be a joke. How am I supposed to play as my off-world female vulp that's always (read: as often as my anti-social habits allow me to) hit on male humans and such?

My one gripe with the lore would be the transition from "Oral tradition, disorganized pockets of Vulpkanin" to "Suddenly centralized under a nebulous OWG with massive industrial boost".

Then again, Willing Suspension of Disbelief, no one wants to come up with a full sociological history of a fictional species, and allows for personal interpretation.

It was that or potential book burning type behaviour (maybe a war or something), it was more or less a cover to not go too in depth with ANCIENT HISTORY.

I can probably edit that bit as well to figure something else out.

Changed it, to more imply that the groups weren't isolationist as much as a lack of proper telecommunications makes it exceedingly difficult to initially organize a planetary government and that industrialization was already present to some degree.

Vulpkanin history is largely unknown to outsiders as it is generally passed down generation to generation orally rather than in the form of recorded documents, recorded history did not become the gold standard until the formation of the central unifying body known as The Assembly.

What is considered by many Vulpkanin scholars to be the beginning of the species' modern history is the creation of The Assembly, a political body designed to unify the entirety of Altam under one flag. Taking place in 2350, The Assembly was a direct result of the civilization’s heterarchical mentality and it's innate desire to strive for cooperation emboldened by recent discoveries in telecommunications. The formation of The Assembly resulted in quick technological advancement and heavy industrialization as many of the once disconnected groups of Vulpkanin pooled their resources and industry together. This ultimately lead to the discovery of new propulsion systems that allowed for swift and cheap interplanetary travel, and subsequently colonization of other worlds at the dawn of the twenty fifth century.

I also added in a bit that suggests that Altam's daughter worlds may not enjoy strong trade relations because they desired so, but more because they are forced to do so.

Altam still enjoys strong trade and healthy relations with both Kelune and Dalstadt due to their reliance on Altam's heavy industry

I also did some more formatting and caught a few mistakes.

Also, regens is joking people.

Everyone knows he's the lewdest.

As reception has been fairly positive and any and all qualms so far has been addressed, as well as the fact that Regens (the wiki master) has looked over this thread I imagine there's absolutely no issues with anyone if I push this live?

As with IPC lore, I'll push it and we'll see if anyone is bothered. It can always be reverted and we have literally nothing to lose.

Write access to the wiki and a big slap on the wrist?

Don't get too comfortable about making and editing lore etc, we still need to appove it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use