Salt & Debrained IPCs, a hate story from Rossi

David Rossi

When you're an antag and you have to debrain x IPC, it's easy. EMP, debrain with 4 tools.

What you don't know is that when they're debrained, they can transmit binary via :b to the borgs and AI.

My suggestion is to add a feature to allow you to mute a posibrain from speaking locally and over :b

Perhaps tapping it with a multitool, that'd be simple.

Casue in its current state, it's impossible to actually steal an IPC's brain without them going over :b HALHAPL THEY'RE LING AND DEBRAINED ME!

I'd be fine with just removing binary from posibrains in general.

My personal lore for cyborg bodies is that THE SHELL contains the necessary equipment for speaking binary, hence why IPCs cannot :b.

And besides, we were doing fine back when posibrains using binary was broken, so why keep such a dumb feature if it's just unneeded code? It's mean enough they can TALK ENDLESSLY AHHH under normal circumstances, why give them an unremovable channel that they have literally no need for?

personally though I think speaking locally as a posibrain is a buff for IPCs, but you should be able to like cover it with duct-tape and muffle the range/volume or shove some kind of syndicate jammer into the brain to shut them up cuz again that's just meanly overpowered to certain folk when you can't remove the transmitter thing.

and you still love me right???? ;-; david pls

Edited by Guest

I do not like it when comdom science personnel shits on you when you join as a posibrain. The binary makes it possible to contact the AI with pleads for help, so it can be solved ICly.

Besides, you can ask the AI for approval if you want to be 2nd AI (for example) so Robotics won't waste time and resources and your nerves.

Remove the :b from IPC posibrains, snowflake it in or some shit, that's the safest solution.

I do not like it when comdom science personnel shits on you when you join as a posibrain. The binary makes it possible to contact the AI with pleads for help, so it can be solved ICly.

Besides, you can ask the AI for approval if you want to be 2nd AI (for example) so Robotics won't waste time and resources and your nerves.

Remove the :b from IPC posibrains, snowflake it in or some shit, that's the safest solution.

k

Without even looking at the code, I would assume this is possible by making a subtype of posibrains, and overriding the area that gives them binary speak, and then giving IPCs this posibrain.

But I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea to snowflake IPCs any more, especially with that overhaul of organ code Aurorablade is currently doing.

Without looking at the code, I can say with 90% confidence that posibrains having binary speak in the first place was snowflaked in, it would have nothing to do with borgs, as most borgs do not have posibrains (in fact you would have to pick android as your alternative title to spawn with one).

Quite frankly posibrains probably shouldn't have binary, period---also ones that start in IPCs probably shouldn't be able to talk unless a manual switch is thrown on them or something--otherwise "HALP HE EXTRACTED MY POSIBRAIN AND ITS IN HIS BACKPACK" with literally no way of shutting the damn thing up (unlike a brain, which can't talk unless it's in an MMI).

Androids, of course, would be ejected with their posibrain talk-switch turned on, for consistency with cyborgs ejecting an MMI with a brain.

Quite frankly posibrains probably shouldn't have binary, period---also ones that start in IPCs probably shouldn't be able to talk unless a manual switch is thrown on them or something--otherwise "HALP HE EXTRACTED MY POSIBRAIN AND ITS IN HIS BACKPACK" with literally no way of shutting the damn thing up (unlike a brain, which can't talk unless it's in an MMI).

Androids, of course, would be ejected with their posibrain talk-switch turned on, for consistency with cyborgs ejecting an MMI with a brain.

If I recall, back when Phoenix wasn't so shit and I frequented the place.

IPC posibrains were not actual Posibrains but "Cyber-brains"

Child of the normal brain items but they look all sleek an metal an shit, so they acted like normal brains just with robotic fluff an flare. No Binary, no talk ability, none of it. Could try that route?

ehhh, i may be a dumb, but couldn't we also make a pretty quick "onactivate" thingy for posibrains to toggle the silent-y variable if we're still worried about normal speech? That means it can't talk at all then either when you have it in a certain state right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use