Sec or i say Shitsec.

Holyass

for one they have too much power and they do what the hell they want, for one they can just set you to arrest and let the bot stun and cuff you then just pick you up with out a word said at all, hell they even do that to people are not deadly just to be safe but i say it's meta gaming of thinking all people are deadly but there are some that will come in peacefully that will come to the brig.

and that they don't state what crime you been charge with at all, so you are clueless and may even dig your self in to a deeper hole without knowing and end up dead or perm brig. (to the ones did nothing wrong and just in the wrong time and the wrong place)

so in short your sec player base like to do thing like this. "guilty until proven innocent" and not "innocent until proven guilty"

hell they treat the person they have arrested like shit and like your livestock that unruly.

too much meta gaming i say, and to that i'm playing make a toss away chars to just like to break windows and other stuff for fun but will turn him or her self in peacefully if ask and count how many time if they ask or not and or state the crimes i did and after i week i will post the numbers.

1. How the hell is this a suggestion.

2. If security is acting legitimately bad, not following SoP, and you can give an example as to how, adminhelp it.

3. You're making throwaway characters just to greytide and you wonder why Security is filled with a bunch of jerks? lmao

You do understand the reason as to why 90% of Shitcurity exist is because they are just overstressed?

Some bad security players aren't even terrible -- Most security officers have potential ever since they first try the job, but then they realize how terrifyingly stressing it is and they learn they have to deal with utter garbage players that do this stupid shit (as in, create a civvy and go around being a jerk on purpose just to see how far they can push Security) and they collapse in a heap of confusion.

Also, 4. You're making the shitcurity issue sound drawn-out as hell. Is it a problem? Yes, but IMO it's been getting to a decent state.

5. If you don't know why you're being arrested, you have a fucking radio. Communicate with Security. That's why you have a communications headset.

2. If security is acting legitimately bad, not following SoP, and you can give an example as to how, adminhelp it.

3. You're making throwaway characters just to greytide and you wonder why Security is filled with a bunch of jerks? lmao

You do understand the reason as to why 90% of Shitcurity exist is because they are just overstressed?

Some bad security players aren't even terrible -- Most security officers have potential ever since they first try the job, but then they realize how terrifyingly stressing it is and they learn they have to deal with utter garbage players that do this stupid shit (as in, create a civvy and go around being a jerk on purpose just to see how far they can push Security) and they collapse in a heap of confusion.

Also, 4. You're making the shitcurity issue sound drawn-out as hell. Is it a problem? Yes, but IMO it's been getting to a decent state.

5. If you don't know why you're being arrested, you have a fucking radio. Communicate with Security. That's why you have a communications headset.

TESTIFY

Although a bit harsh, this pretty much exactly explains my thoughts.

I used to /exclusively/ play security, and gave up after months of shittery, as it eventually just became an unfun mess.

Fuck, on the rare times I still do play security officer as Matthew, I go out of my way to keep security from being shitlords to the rest of the crew.

But it doesn't really work out if the crew is being even worse than security it.

well i'm just ranting off and a lack of sleep made me post this in the wrong spot. xD and NTSAM i'm not just going to greytile all the time most of the time i will be doing small time things that still get you in jail that not really harmful, maybe just breaking is the right word but more like taking it apart in to parts like a windown crowbar it and then move it then crowbar it somewhere that blocking a path and what not and so far all my dealing with sec been ok i get it to wow i really hate this guy but never wow this guy is great i really need to clean up my act, not once and the time "I" do play sec i try to be very nice.

well good night all, when i wake up i will clean the postings. i'm too sleepy right now to do so.

:3

Playing security is the most thankless and masochistic thing you can do on the server, imo.

If someone is deliberately being a shit towards you (bucklecuffing, false/excessive charges, prisoner abuse, breach of privacy rights, removing headsets etc etc) you have some options.

1. A little mention in LOOC always helps. I've left people bucklecuffed countless times, set the wrong timer and accidentally taken a headset. Often, security are listening to their channel and not really focusing on the proper brigging procedure. A little mention might rectify that.

2. IAA and Magistrate. Their job is to make sure sec isn't shitsec. Use them and talk to them.

3. Adminhelp. If someone is intentionally making your time hell, ahelp it. If something was incorrectly done, it will soon get changed.

If you kick and scream and are generally abusive to any officer or security as a whole, remember it is a two way path. It isn't right, but that doesn't stop people doing it.

Respect the law, and the law respects you.

*ping

Addendum - And for what it's worth, if you intend on escaping brig to continue your greytide/antag shenanigans, be nice. The nicer you are, the more likely you'll get a chance to escape somehow.

be nice. The nicer you are, the more likely you'll get a chance to escape somehow.

I always try be polite and nice to security whenever i am arrested, because i know how good it feels if you are an officer and you arrest someone who just knows that making your job harder is not nice.

I've said it before in a few other threads, but here's my take on the matter:

The sec problem is derivative of two main causes: Problems with security, and problems with everything but security.

Security suffers from a fair share of problems. The only one regularly highlighted by people who complain about sec, is that there are bad security players. This is a problem that can never be fixed; however if good sec players outnumber bad ones, it can be dealt with entirely IC (though eventually bad sec players will need either OOC intervention or an actual attempt on their part to improve their play). Inexperienced security players are distinct from bad ones, despite the way they end up treated; few people play sec for the first time with a sound understanding of how to play it perfectly.

The biggest problem with sec regarding shitcurity is that it can be boring, stressful, or anywhere in between; if you've spent an hour and a half barely surviving dealing with antags, shit piling up on you twice as fast as you can shovel it, then you see someone breaking a windoor for no reason, who responds to being told to stop with 'Fuck you fascist!', it can be hard for some people to keep their cool and deal with it exactly by the book.

I'd say the bigger problem with bad security stems from the crew. Security are near-consistently subject to insults for little to no reason, the actions of an individual reflect on the whole department, and people refuse to let anything go- For example, if an officer (wrongly) steals something extremely minor from a prisoner, you can expect to have a group of five people spending the rest of the round hurling abuse at anyone near the sec lobby demanding their wrench back. A significant portion of the crew seem to have a complete disregard for space law except where it concerns sec- I can't be the only one who sees the hypocrisy in complaining you got an extra minute in the brig when you broke into cargo and stole a toolbelt for no reason. Greytiding in general makes it a lot harder to play good sec- what's the point in being lenient with minor offenders if you know that the vast majority of them are just going to re-offend as soon as they get out? The general 'Us vs Them' mentality the crew have towards sec make it next-to impossible to work well with them. Just as an extra point: people complain that sec don't let people surrender before arrests, yet at least half of criminals are liable to bolt as soon as sec ask for them to stop.

tl;dr: bad sec exsist, they're in the minority most of the time but are a problem. the crew give sec a hard time constantly and it makes it difficult for them to do a good job

If you want to have better experiences dealing with sec, here's what you can do:

- Don't commit crimes in the first place- the easiest solution. There's little to no reason to break space law as a non-antag that doesn't involve being a dick.

- Play sec- if you think sec players are bad, do a better job yourself. You'll increase the average quality of the department, and maybe even teach people a thing or two. This doesn't mean officer- IAA, Rep, and Magistrate also help a lot to keeping sec's quality up.

- Don't be a dick if you're arrested for a crime you commited- The more trouble you give sec, the more trouble they'll give you. (side-note: the longer you take getting into a cell, the later you'll get out. making sec have trouble brigging you does not help you in the slightest)

- Cooperate with sec- If you help sec out, they'll be spread less thin and will be able to dedicate more time to each case, hopefully meaning people have a better time; ideally you'll let them search you, answer questions if you're a suspect (even if innocent), report crimes, and provide any assistance when needed (don't go vigilante, though).

(sidenote: this should be in general discussions, not suggestions)

As a few others have said, if you think there is a problem with security, play it yourself. Be the change you want to see. You think security mistreats you, and your proposed solution is to create random characters for the sole purpose of screwing with security, so that they'll mistreat you? That's not going to fix anything.

Play security. Do it better.

Ok to sum it up, We the player base is making sec into shitsec.

Pretty much.

I don't play Security all that much. Stressful as fuck and I don't enjoy spending my free time being stressed out, I gotta be in a tolerant mood to do Sec. I've played as IAA and Warden mostly, but most my personal expierence of !FUN! people comes from my Warden go arounds.

In one particular instance a guy was brought in for some really minor shit, Vandalism I think, petty theft at most. He was a nice guy. He cooperated with me the entire way, he didn't try to brain the arresting officer with something, didn't scream an run around. He even freely admitted he did the deed (Mostly cuz the Officer SAW HIM do it, so he was red-handed but whatever.)

I cut his sentence for it. Dropped it down to 5 minutes. I got him all tucked away in a brig and you know what he started doing as soon as I left line of sight?

He tried to fucking break out.

Another instance. Guy comes in, who assaulted someone and he is being a raging fucklord. We get him squared off in the Brig and the FIRST thing he does is start screaming over the radio about wrongful arrest and Shitcurity. He demands to see the IAA, who I call over an we discuss everything by the dude's cell for most his brig timer actually, so he never really has a chance to try an breakout.

The first thing he does when he DOES get out?

Trying to punch the shit out of me in a screaming rage, and the MOMENT I Baton stun him back onto the ground, he screams police brutality.

I don't get this fucking awe-struck fascination a lot of people have with trying to break out of the brig for miniscule sentence timers (5 minutes is not even the length of some fucking youtube videos, al tab, it's your fucking friend) or trying to be the absolute biggest cock you possibly can be, just because THAT GUY PLAYED THAT ONE JOB, HE MUST BE A BASTARD FUCK HIM.

This is literally you just venting because you got bent by security.

They found you with traitor only chems and you throw a fit in adminhelp, then go off to make this.. Suggestion?

This doesn't belong in this subforum.