Something fun for the ghosts

saywat_the_15th

Wouldn't work without some type of GUI which ghosts, as well as a bunch of other mobs, don't have. Maybe not NEEDED but will be so much more useful for interacting with any sort of ghost item.

Otherwise, I can't get behind this. Why would you want to fight others when you could watch the rest of the station ERP everything eventually get murdered?

What about giving ghosts several spells that cost ectoplasma. Ectoplasma will very slowly build up and can be used for spells that have effects with the most visible of them costing maybe a hours worth of ectoplasma. And with spells I don't mean revenant level of spells but say 10min worth plasma to paint one graffiti.

I know its rather off-topic, but what I choose to do to kill time as a ghost is:

1: press alt+tabulation.

2: double-click cataclysmdda.exe/Xcomew.exe/civBtS.exe/xenonauts.exe/whateverthatcanbeplayedonwindowedmode.exe

3: get killed because i suck at the game

4: oh look the shuttle was called

* Blood stain. "Blood starts seeping through the floor"

* Machine gremlin. Equals pulsing a random wire.

* Magic Smoke. Makes a machine smoke slightly.

* Summon mouse.

* St. Elmo's fire. Brief light source when standing on metal rods.

* Creepy sound. Makes a random creepy sound (alien hiss, scream) if the target is in darkness.

Ghosts will never have anything that can cause something to happen in a round. Every time they were given something that could, even by accident, it was heavily abused and led to player deaths. Even Boo is pushing it now a days since some ghosts are killing diona with it.

Yeah, we shouldn't have that kind of thing, people will basically just spam spawn mice on the antag or whatever.

Plus, we don't need any more fucking supernatural shit for ghosts, you get an antagonist and a lights-flickering spell, that's all you get for interacting with the real world. Flips for ghosts would be a-okay though.

Even Boo is pushing it now a days since some ghosts are killing diona with it.

Gah! That's nothing! I remember ghosts saving a shadowling once when it hatched out in a dimly lit room.

I know its rather off-topic, but what I choose to do to kill time as a ghost is:

2: double-click cataclysmdda.exe/Xcomew.exe/civBtS.exe/xenonauts.exe/whateverthatcanbeplayedonwindowedmode.exe

Where's Thunderdome?

I want Thunderdome.

Something that wouldn't interfere with the living's round.

Why haven't you thought of Thunderdome?

Can't we just automate Thunderdome?

Where's Thunderdome?

I want Thunderdome.

Why haven't you thought of Thunderdome?

Can't we just automate Thunderdome?

I tend to run Thunderdome pretty much any time the ghosts get rowdy and numerous. Asking for it when I'm on tends to get it rolling faster. Just don't beg.

Thunderdome does seem like the basic solution to this. You don't need to give ghosts anything it seems. Just things for the players to do while they're not in the core game.

+1 if Thunderdome TV can become a thing that the station can watch :3

I wish we could appear momentarily as ghosts, your sprite is usually super spooky, covered in blood, missing limbs and on fire.

This will only become a thing if we have a type of "haunting" round. That wouldn't be such a bad idea actually. Basically ghosts will be tormenting the crew's life and the only way to silence them is to remove what is channeling them into existence. But we already have too many gamemodes the Chaplain has to attend to and this is already a feature that Cult does. Maybe something a little more specific but I think that was mentioned before as a possible gamemode

you forgot Dwarf Fortress.exe

you forgot Dwarf Fortress.exe

No I didnt, DF makes my potato laptop boil its circuits unless its the only running program.

And the thing with the Thunderdome is, it's only special because its rare. Its just people beating each other with OP weapons, if we make it publicly avaiable it will quickly become a common-ish thing and loose all it's uniqueness or whatever.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use