More wacky ideas from Erin

ErinCrowe

Here's some suggestions from a server I recently began playing that I think would make other servers so much nicer. (It is closed source so porting them won't work)

1, Piggybacking:

In said server you are able to carry somebody on your back, this could be used as a way of transporting somebody who is injured without just dragging them violently across the floor as you sprint to medbay. It would also prevent bones from rattling around and causing damage unless it is in the head area which absolutely requires you to use a roller-bed.

2, Crawling:

This feature is one of the things I miss most from the server and really wish it was added in more places.

With an empty hand while laying down double click a tile adjacent to you and you will move to it at slower than walking speed. (to prevent crawling at sanic speeds)

You wouldn't be able to use it for the entire duration of stuns and for a few seconds after initially laying down. That way if you are slipped and if that slip doesn't add a stun for some reason it won't completely ruin the clown trying to steal your ID by you just crawling away.

Now you can try to desperately escape doom if you get your leg blown off as a miner or if somebody is ruthlessly toolboxing you to death just out of everyone elses earshot.

3, functional painting:

This is probably from a coding POV the hardest to implement but I mean COME ON! I tried to use the easel the other day and I have no idea if its functional or not and I doubt it being so because even the art vender didn't sell canvas.

Out of all three, the one that immediately made me go "YES PLEASE" was number 1. I never liked just having to drag injured people around the on the ground, not the least of which being that it leaves a bloody trail which I have to clean up afterwards. That, and it'd add a nice little level of RP, especially for, say, miners who need to rescue other miners from creatures or Gibtonite explosions.

Crawling, we did use to have, no clue why it was removed (probably something to do with organ code, fuck if I know). Would love it back as well.

Out of all three, the one that immediately made me go "YES PLEASE" was number 1. I never liked just having to drag injured people around the on the ground, not the least of which being that it leaves a bloody trail which I have to clean up afterwards. That, and it'd add a nice little level of RP, especially for, say, miners who need to rescue other miners from creatures or Gibtonite explosions.

Crawling, we did use to have, no clue why it was removed (probably something to do with organ code, fuck if I know). Would love it back as well.

Well to do the piggybacking I think the way their sprites were they just moved the person on the back a layer behind the person carrying them (or infront if they are facing away from the screen) and moved the sprite up a little bit and to the side (if they are facing left or right) a few pixels so you could see most of the hand of the person being carried.

This shouldn't be too hard to do considering that we already have code that does something similar for paramedic, secway, janitor carts. Just need to do the same thing to people.

The only issue I can see is really picking a method of doing it. I would suggest grab intent both hands and then help intent OR just dragging them onto you and having a button in their menu to offer piggyback. Or even as an emote action similar to "give"

I spoke with kharshai about it and they said resisting should make the player hop off so I suppose I should state that here as well.

EDIT: Due to the shape of vox I might also suggest making them unable to piggyback because that might result in some strange looking results. Plus they don't look like something that should be carrying other creatures on their back anyway.

If we're importing lifeweb mechanics, I have a good idea which ones to port :^)

Damn it you blew my cover dread. Now somebody will complain about how horrible I am as a person. But oh my god some of these features are so good I couldn't resist suggesting them!

1, Piggybacking:

In said server you are able to carry somebody on your back, this could be used as a way of transporting somebody who is injured without just dragging them violently across the floor as you sprint to medbay. It would also prevent bones from rattling around and causing damage unless it is in the head area which absolutely requires you to use a roller-bed.

I love this suggestion, same point as Tully really, it'd be nice to have you carrying the person instead of just dragging them across the floor, perhaps have it take your backpack slot and when you grab them agressively, you then drag them onto it it'll bring up a progressbar that you're lugging them on your back etc.

Also... totally just giving people piggy backs outside of the medical area would be somewhat cute.

1, Piggybacking:

I love this suggestion, same point as Tully really, it'd be nice to have you carrying the person instead of just dragging them across the floor, perhaps have it take your backpack slot and when you grab them agressively, you then drag them onto it it'll bring up a progressbar that you're lugging them on your back etc.

Also... totally just giving people piggy backs outside of the medical area would be somewhat cute.

I actually thought of that too just before but I didn't bother editing the post to suggest it. I like this method of doing it the most though! Why should you be able to wear a bag AND lug a person on your back at the same time anyway?

2, Crawling:

This feature is one of the things I miss most from the server and really wish it was added in more places.

With an empty hand while laying down double click a tile adjacent to you and you will move to it at slower than walking speed. (to prevent crawling at sanic speeds

Paradise used to have crawling as a thing and I remember it being abused lots. I'm not entirely sure how crawling used to work here though since i never used it.

3, functional painting:

This is probably from a coding POV the hardest to implement but I mean COME ON! I tried to use the easel the other day and I have no idea if its functional or not and I doubt it being so because even the art vender didn't sell canvas.

It is functional. You can request that Cargo make canvas using the autolathe (there are a few sizes) and you'll also need a box of crayons to use on the canvas. It's kinda slow though and it would be nice if there was a way to frame a finished picture, name it and display it nicely but it's still a fun thing as-is.

3, functional painting:

It is functional. You can request that Cargo make canvas using the autolathe (there are a few sizes) and you'll also need a box of crayons to use on the canvas. It's kinda slow though and it would be nice if there was a way to frame a finished picture, name it and display it nicely but it's still a fun thing as-is.

Oh my god thank you. I looked it up and even asked in ooc and couldn't find a single thing to do with it so I assumed it was unfinished and abandoned or just framed pictures or posters

I want crawling for functional and balance reasons (unbuckle someone in the wheelchair and you got him permastunned - I want crawling to apply only to disabled people), and piggyback for roleplay/ERP reasons, because I can't imagine it helping with transporting injured people.

You're always told to put the injured person in a "safe position" and wait for help (aka the roller bed).

Love the ideas, as Tully stated, dragging injured people around on the floor has always annoyed me from a roleplay standpoint. Being able to crawl would be a nice addition too, especially for those who like roleplaying disabled characters.

Being able to crawl slowly in softcrit would provide a reason to not altf4 as soon as it happens if you're on your own, and could be used for some cool things- it should be really slow though. Piggybacking honestly seems pretty redundant here (pulling's different on lifeweb and not everyone has a backpack, as well as varying carry limits so it's only an option under certain circumstances), but I could understand why people would want it for arrpee or cringe-tier romances (in the same vein I'd like to see a fireman's carry for wounded people but that's another thread entirely).

Piggybacking honestly seems pretty redundant here (pulling's different on lifeweb and not everyone has a backpack,

That's how piggybacking could work I think. Wearing a backpack would more or less block someone from being on your back, so just stick that grab you made on to your backpack slot.

I might kind of want piggybacking bcs it sounds cute...

We could *totally* have a stunbaton-wielding security officer piggypack another taser-wielding officer for MEGA CRIME FIGHTING SKILLS :D

LET'S MERGE!

Actually you bring up an interesting problem. What would happen to one or the other if they are shot at? If the carrying person falls over? These are going to need some kind of checks or that person might be stuck on that back

Bro just make them suplex them by accident or something.

Slip-stun from the fall.

I want suplexing to be an actual thing. I don't even care if it's just fluff or snowflakes, I want that big "OHHHHHHHHHH" moment when it's pulled off

IPC MASTER RACE, PERFORM OPCODE: TOWER OF AWESOME

>Every IPC on the serve piggybacks one another into a tower of scrap metal<

IT IS COMPLETED.

Maybe there should be a max amount of people in a piggystack ride, but maybe not.

Crawling is needed. Forever. Even if only to become solid snake.

Personally, the more ideas we take from other servers, the better. Para is (from what I've seen) SUPPOSED to be this supermassive amalgamation of ideas shoved together that work for some reason.

IT IS COMPLETED.

And then one traitor uses a single EMP.

M-m-m-m-monster kill!

IT IS COMPLETED.

And then one traitor uses a single EMP.

M-m-m-m-monster kill!

*traitor go on killing more towers of IPC*

L-L-L-L-Ludicrous Kill!

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use