Vending Machines Constructionable and deconstructionable

Holyass

Yes,if we can make them Constructionable and deconstructionable, then we can repair damage ones or remove to place a new one down, and to make this one event more easy and do o able. (so far no matter what we did it still makes all the other Vending Machines attack us.) Like take the coding from Computers' Construction and Deconstruction and just change the board type for each type of Vending Machines

like this

Use the metal to open the construction panel

Choose Vending Machines frame

Wrench it inplace

Insert Circuitboard of the type of Vending Machine you want

Screwdriver

Wires

glass

Screwdriver to finish

that to build it and

Screwdriver to detach the screen.

Crowbar to pry off the screen.

Wirecutters to cut the cables.

Screwdriver to detach the circuit lid.

Crowbar to pry out the circuit.

Wrench to detach the frame.

Welder to disassemble the frame.

to tear it down.

...Whaa? I've seen vending machines broken and built...

I'm pretty sure you can do this already, anywho.

Also, screwdriver + crowbar begins disassembling them already, and you can disassemble them like any other machine.

EDIT: Double checked, there are indeed vending machine boards and construction steps in the code.

DOUBLE EDIT: I think I see where you might've thought they were unbuildable; You probably made a computer frame, whileas vending machines use the... er... machine frame.

Edited by Guest

As I've said, you probably made a computer frame. That or you didn't fully prepare the machine frame.

(Note: You have to wire the machine frame, add the board, then add some restock units. Then screwdriver.)

Oh. Wait. Can all vending machines be built?

I know you can build coffee, clothesvendors, soda, and snack/booze-o-mats machines, but I'm unsure what else.

Couldn't find restocks for any medical vendors, nor can I find their construction steps.

It'd be nice to be able to build these, yes.

It sucks when lolrampancy outta nowhere destroys the spesshul vendir masheens that you can't get back without adminbuse or selling your soul.

Yeah, after spamming kitty ears I tried to spam diethyl and ammonia from the botanics vendor and it didn't work. You can only rebuild a few machines.

Arguably, it'd make more sense to make all impossible to deconstruct without destroying the restock units, i.e. requiring new ones to rebuild.

Yeah, after spamming kitty ears I tried to spam diethyl and ammonia from the botanics vendor and it didn't work. You can only rebuild a few machines.

Arguably, it'd make more sense to make all impossible to deconstruct without destroying the restock units, i.e. requiring new ones to rebuild.

If that's the case then you should require the restock units as part of the construction and make it the only item that is not returned with deconstruction. This shouldn't be a hard edit to make

If that's the case then you should require the restock units as part of the construction and make it the only item that is not returned with deconstruction. This shouldn't be a hard edit to make

Thoroughly against this idea.

You shouldn't lose the restock units upon deconstruction.

Do you think it's possible for the restock units to contain a list of every item it had in store? Either use it as the "container" for everything the vendor has or make it a list that just copies the data

Well we can just add in one more step to remove the Stock unit that hold all the items.

But will it have all the items, refill itself, or become empty? That's the issue here, having the machine keep its same inventory if it gets broken

Well, the more common vending machines have specific restocking modules which can be ordered from cargo, that with 3 can make a new vending machine. I'm thinking, however, that perhaps the restocking modules should become generic, and both the modules lying around in maintenance and those from cargo would be used to construct/restock machines in place. Wouldn't play nice with recovering partially-deconstructed vendors, but otherwise would make them easier to (re)build or restock.

As of now a screwdriver and a crowbar are all it's needed to get a full (duplicated BTW) restock. Screwdriver, crowbar and multitool = infinite syndicakes. Current machines can't spam anything that is much of an issue I think, but if all vendor machines became able to be infinitely restocked that way it'd throw off the balance I guess -- maybe not since it's still boring to do unless it's for giggles or to get a restock in a pinch, but still...

Why has nobody ever thought of just having a larger stock of cosmetics in the clothing vendors...

Then people wouldn't need to keep magically restocking them!

Or if cargo actually accepted requests for restocking machines.

Well we can just add in one more step to remove the Stock unit that hold all the items.

But will it have all the items, refill itself, or become empty? That's the issue here, having the machine keep its same inventory if it gets broken

It will hold the item that are left from the last time it was used and maybe have a small % of losing some item ( round 1 to 4 items) if the vending machine was badly damaged.

As of now a screwdriver and a crowbar are all it's needed to get a full (duplicated BTW) restock. Screwdriver, crowbar and multitool = infinite syndicakes. Current machines can't spam anything that is much of an issue I think, but if all vendor machines became able to be infinitely restocked that way it'd throw off the balance I guess -- maybe not since it's still boring to do unless it's for giggles or to get a restock in a pinch, but still...

I am aware.

Thoroughly against the idea of losing restock units, or having them have "counted inventory" for the exact reason I am against the Autodrobe having a finite amount of certain items. The only way I might potentially agree with this is if you made restocking machines also part of the janitor's job, or have a flunky engineer-type role known as a "Maintenance Technician" who's job is to fix small things like this and restock vendors.

Uh Easy fix to the infinite restock, make it only spawn a Used restock unit that had what item were left in the Vending Machine, So that way you can put in the old one or a new one.

basicly the old one will act like a restock unit but it will have item missing from it so it's not a full restock and it cant be use over and over.

Old unit taken out, it have 9 out of 10 item b left, it put back in still show that item b have 9 units left, even put into a another Vending Machine it will still show 9 out 10 item b

Basic programming logic would figure that the restock units don't actually exist until the machine is deconned, at which point it's inventory no longer exists either.

Without some major changes to the way things are constructed (Since all things in essence do exactly this), it's not possible to have it "track inventory".

There's also no real point.

This went from "Make vendors deconstructable and more boards craftable" to "how can we nerf the shit out of the autodrobe for no good reason?"

I have no idea why you would want this, honestly.

to make this one event more easy and do o able. (so far no matter what we did it still makes all the other Vending Machines attack us.)

Dunno if it was the same round i'm thinking of, but if it was the hunt for the Nanomed, you guys got the wrong one. It was a Wall Mounted on near the sleepers, it had a bunch of Gauze rolls infront of it.

On the topic of not all vendors being (de)constructable, this is something that could be implemented, though in the average round you won't see many machines run out of even half their total stock (unless of course they are hacked/intelligent and spit it all out). In the case of repairing bombed out areas though, sometimes the vendors are the only thing missing from being able to fully restore a job area. Making these constructable would be fairly easy as we just need to define the board and restock units and tweak existing code to acknowledge the process.

On the topic of infinitely restocking machines through reconstruction, this is somewhat of an oversight and somewhat of an exploit. It was intended (based on code and comments) that the restock units were supposed to be less than full. However, when deconstructed, the machine returns full restock units, not partially used ones. Further, it would require some additional tweaking to make the restock unit track which items it contained, since it currently just tracks a number of items which it restocks the machine's first entry first, then continues down until it is empty.

I'd like to work on the vendors and their restock units a bit more when I get the chance in order to cut down on this exploit and to make more of the machines constructable so that you can build a new station on the construction site with job-relevant machines, or rebuild a bombed out medbay and replace the lost nanomeds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use