Buff/Replace Ambulance

Streaky Haddock

The Ambulance is shit. It moves at run speed, runs out of charge, doesn't prevent against slipping and you can't use it in low grav. It hurts mobility (you can't move backwards) and it's very easy to get trapped. Trolleys are very easily dislodged by passers-by and are very fiddly to reattach (one of the most common questions I get are 'how to reattach tray???' and in fact the only upside it seems to provide is shielding from bullets, which I have to say is completely useless for a Paramedic unless you're going into combat situations but Paramedics never go into combat situations unless they want to grab someone who just collapsed, in which case speed and maneuverability are the watchwords which the ambulance straight-up doesn't have.

Fox suggested in my last thread that the Ambulance be replaced with a kind of jani/engicart-like tray that can hold medical items as well as bodies (living and dead) which would be awesome. Either that, or make the Ambulance sanic-fast speeds again, like it used to be before it was nerfed.

With the fact that critted people tend to die a lot faster now, I'd be in favor of upping the speed of the ambulance.

People in crit die at the same exact rate as they always have; this has never been touched.

Either case, I'd definitely prefer a medical cart that holds a few supplies as opposed to lightning fast ambulances--especially given the fact the lightning fast ambulances tended to be used more for personal transportation or powergaming as opposed to actually saving people.

Its like in that recent episode of top gear where they were designing ambulances. I'm going to try to twist that into an analogy

Clarkson converted a Porsche into an ambulance, which had no room in the back for emergency treatment. This would be the current ambulance.

Hammond and May converted a Camper Van and a Hearse respectively. They had room in the back. Like a medicart.

I like the idea of having a medicart that you can do emergency procedures on.

Ambulances IRL are normally vans converted for the job. If the patient is stable, then it can take a while for them to get back.

I suggest that we go for a medicart that is like a roller bed mixed with a janicart. It carry several pillboxes, a blood pack, internals and chemicals.

This would allow for the paramedic to perform emergency surgery or other emergency procedures to stabilize them and then get the patient back to medbay.

Like slipping me, buckling me to it, then rushing me to surgery to remove my limbs? x3

Shhh, no one ever must know.

It's too late, we all know now.

I agree with what Flipping Out says, it should be a universal speed.

I'd be for a cart or something, but I can't tell you how many times I've watched paramedics murder people on accident by running them over.

I'm really not fond of the wambulance, but lack alternative suggestions unless it's possible to make it not run over people.

people use the ambulance for transportation way to much. and its way more efficient and less dangerous for me to just rush out there with a roller bed or for a cyborg to run out, put down a roller bed, and both the medical doctor and cyborg all at the same time be pulling out syringes and shit and not run them over.

tl;dr not using the ambulance is safer and with the lack of storage facilites on it and shit, anyone could be a paramedic with a few kits

med cart gives paramedic a new advantage

Whatever is made, an advantage that it could be given over a roller bed is an inaprovaline drip to keep the person from dying, giving the paramedic more time to either A: Drag you to med bay while everyone is pushing you out or B: Trying to make sure others don't die while saving the person worse.

people use the ambulance for transportation way to much. and its way more efficient and less dangerous for me to just rush out there with a roller bed or for a cyborg to run out, put down a roller bed, and both the medical doctor and cyborg all at the same time be pulling out syringes and shit and not run them over.

This, the current ambulance just gets in the way or causes more harm than good. I usually just end up handing it out to whoever wants it so it doesn't crowd up the paramedic room.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use