Senior roles

zwan1990

So usually when a person is new to a department they want to learn problem is people are usually busy with their role. 

What about command rd,cmo etc. Usually busy with command duties and chaos. 

So my suggestion is senior roles that timelocked on each department. Their main role is to teach new players.

Make them antag locked if needed.

I saw this on another server and it works pretty neat. 

I personally fear it might lead to elitism. Perhaps make it a role selectable for mentors and admins? I am aware that would perhaps 'feed into' the elitism but on the other hand, I feel that if you are a mentor/admin you should be able to behave yourself properly and are held to a higher standard in any case. Any abuse/misuse of the role would be dealt with. 

Edited by Landerlow
  • Like 3

That sucks to hear I personally never experienced elitism regarding the role and found it to be very helpful in learning a department.

But I can see how it can fall into elitism. 

Mentors and admins to be able to get the role sounds good. So that new players can get to go to someone and learn more from a department in away that is a bit more personal than ahelps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use