Shadow person (not shadowLING) as selectable race/role

Landerlow

Make shadow a selectable 'race', perhaps as a role for ghosts. Make them able to ventcrawl. They will of course die quite quickly and will have no other powers than just to 'be'.  

Make it so they can't even talk, just make scary sounds? To 'haunt' maintenance? 

I think that would be cool.

I'd make a PR if I knew how to script it.

Thoughts?

Quick few ideas

• If they don't wear a cloak, hoodie or other head covering clothes (a hat won't do it alone) they take burn damage in light.
  • Naturally, they get nutrition from the dark, think a diona but darkshroom version.
  • Speaking of darkshrooms, shadows start with their own darkshroom torch, essentially darkshrooms on a stick, with a metal cup to put over in case you need to turn on the light again, like near diona.
  • Like with Grey and Abductors, looks similar, yet different, in this case, no glowy bits and a more jagged appearance, or whatever-
  • Non-cloneable, but revivable with SR.

• Like 1

What would the Deep Lore be for shadowpeople though? Are they purely from slimes? Or maybe thralled people who didn't die from their shadowling master ascending?

problem with a race like this, is just like when certain people make themselves a shadow, they expect their 'needs' to be respected above all else, and start attempting to blackout sections of the station.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, ID404NotFound said:

problem with a race like this, is just like when certain people make themselves a shadow, they expect their 'needs' to be respected above all else, and start attempting to blackout sections of the station.

*Cough* Vox *Cough*

Man its dusty in here

As a concept, I love shadow people. The whole living in darkness thing actually seems kinda cool to me, and kinda fun. The problem is, if we were to take them as an actual species, they'd be far too inconvenient to manage/work with. I personally disagree with them being a normal, playable race just like every other crew member.

However, as an event thing, where they're spawned in maint, and pulled in from ghosts, I don't think that's a bad idea. (Their whole thing could be creating a safe-space to do things in, without disrupting the crew or something like that. Idk, I'm not a designer.)

It could be a ghost role, like a drone. Would give ghosts a bit more to do. Could make it so they can't talk, perhaps not even understand human speech. Just haunt. ?

If any of you are ghosted and I am on, ahelp.

I am more then happy to shove you into a shadow person body and let you roam maint.

• Like 3

would it be interesting if they had a function, that if they were observed for too long, or by too many people, they would start to lose life-force and fade away? Would be an incentive to spook, and have limited action, instead of just "hanging out" with crew who are obviously not going to be afraid of these, and just want to spend time with the snowflake creature.

honestly i would like this as a karma race. give people who already have everything something else to get. and some really good rp could come out of it. would shadow people have anything if shadowlings happen?

Perhaps make it so that, with NORMAL people, shades could only haunt them, and NOT understand their speech. However, if there are shadowlings, SHADES could talk to them properly? And perhaps something else, I don't know. But shadow people is REALLY something I'd like to see added. 

We all do already know that shadowpeople are a thing right? They typically have full crew rights since 99% of the time they were crew, just injected with mutationtoxin.

This almost sounds like it should be a separate thing, like a variant shade that takes damage in light.

Edited by Pennwick

Sounds cool if it was like an event thing similar to revenant where you could "spook" people and they would get hallucinations and scary sound

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use