Quarks Video Guides to Medbay.

BottomQuark

Hello there! As some already know I make video guides.

And so, I present you my Guides to Medbay.

Guides are supposed to show BASICS.

1. Guide to Chemistry: ((will reupload it once I fix a couple of things there))

Spoiler

2. Guide to Medical Doctor:((will reupload it once I fix a couple of things there))

Spoiler

I will keep it updated.

Planned guides:

3.Paramedic
4.Virologist
5.Genetics

Edited by BottomQuark

FUck after you said "virology may ask for something too" and cut to google i was expecting a joke like "what virologist do?", big missed oportunity there. 

"Make sure (unstable mutagens for botanists) are in bottles"? I though botanist just gave you the bucked and you filled it.

Working bar i always ask for a toxins kit from medbay, and a glassfull of ethanol from chem and kit some antihol with me for emergency treatment. 

Your fuck ups and the signs of an explosion in chem are nice details

Holy shit my radios were brodcasting while I was in crit in space? That must have been fun, I though no one was hearing me.

Having never played chem I found the guide helpful. 

I will say, I don't play in chemistry very often.

Yeah my point in unstable mutagen was that it should be liquid, not pills or patches. My bad.

In the round there was another IPC as chemist, all the time when someone asked him to do something he replied "Ask another chemist" :^).

Once he exploded ((and survived)) CMO was kinda pissed off and demoted him. Good times.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2018 at 12:34 AM, BottomQuark said:

Hello there! As some already know I make video guides.

And so, I present you my Guides to Medbay.

Guides are supposed to show BASICS.

1. Guide to Chemistry:

Hide contents

2. Guide to Medical Doctor-Basics:
It's preety long cuz 30 minutes. BUT first 19 minutes is guide, the rest are clips of me treating people. So technicly if you don't need to see how it is done, it has 19 minutes. ENJOY

Hide contents

PS: I don't know what to touch in this guide, where to start.... DAMN

I will keep it updated.

Planned guides:

3.Medical Doctor-Advanced
4.Paramedic
5.Virologist
6.Genetics

Suggestions:
- Use your real voice for all videos, not a synthetic voice. The synthetic voice is just terrible! I couldn't even make it all the way through the MD video, because I couldn't bear the synthetic voice. Even if you can't use your own voice, then at least get someone else to do the voice bits for you. A synthetic voice is just never going to cut it. Some of the voice results are hilarious ('vox breath pure nitrogen!')... but most of the time, the synthetic voice just makes it massively harder to understand. This is the absolute last thing you want in a tutorial video.
- LOTS of typos that need to be fixed in the on-screen text, e.g. "demege" instead of damage.
- Cover three broad topics: diagnosis (ie: how to identify damage types), triage (ie: how to figure out which patient needs treatment first), and treatment (how to treat brute, burn, toxins, oxy, brain, mutations, viruses, etc). In that order. Perhaps also a section on medbay tools (ie: things to know when using defib, cloning, SR, medical HUD icons, etc), and one on medbay etiquette (ie: no patient stealing, working with the CMO, working with the other areas of medbay, when to yell at them for not doing their jobs, etc).
- Have a contents table at the start of the video. Also, have links in the description to jump to the major sections.
- Don't put yourself or your work down in your video. "I made shitty flowchart" isn't something you should say. Either make a decent flowchart, or at least don't point out that its shitty. If you can't make flowcharts, present it differently.
- You don't need to replicate all the content on the wiki.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tzo said:

Suggestions:
- Use your real voice for all videos, not a synthetic voice. The synthetic voice is just terrible! I couldn't even make it all the way through the MD video, because I couldn't bear the synthetic voice. Even if you can't use your own voice, then at least get someone else to do the voice bits for you. A synthetic voice is just never going to cut it. Some of the voice results are hilarious ('vox breath pure nitrogen!')... but most of the time, the synthetic voice just makes it massively harder to understand. This is the absolute last thing you want in a tutorial video.
- LOTS of typos that need to be fixed in the on-screen text, e.g. "demege" instead of damage.
- Cover three broad topics: diagnosis (ie: how to identify damage types), triage (ie: how to figure out which patient needs treatment first), and treatment (how to treat brute, burn, toxins, oxy, brain, mutations, viruses, etc). In that order. Perhaps also a section on medbay tools (ie: things to know when using defib, cloning, SR, medical HUD icons, etc), and one on medbay etiquette (ie: no patient stealing, working with the CMO, working with the other areas of medbay, when to yell at them for not doing their jobs, etc).
- Have a contents table at the start of the video. Also, have links in the description to jump to the major sections.
- Don't put yourself or your work down in your video. "I made shitty flowchart" isn't something you should say. Either make a decent flowchart, or at least don't point out that its shitty. If you can't make flowcharts, present it differently.
- You don't need to replicate all the content on the wiki.

Yeah when I look at that now, it's not the best quality. 

Besides that too much swearing etc.

I'll propably remake it then, I still got all vids on my computer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use