Paradise lore discussion/fan-canon

Blessed

This threads for anyone who wants to talk about the lore, no matter the topic.

I'll start off with a little topic, which races do you think mix best? Which ones would probably work together for mutual gain?

Agree'd, if it wasn't for the Greys inclusiveness on their ships I could easily see some of 'em having good discussions with Dionea and their lifelong experiences/ideas.

Well, due to hardships, I'd believe the Vulpkanin and Kidan would have some sort of connection, The Vulpkanin being a species that has no official home after the destruction of their homeworld, while the Kidan suffer due to the Human-Skrellian alliance kicking their butts and putting the Kidan under heavy sanctions since that war, both are also minor players in the galactic affairs, who knows when one would rise to become a major player?

the difference though is that the Kidan don't get as much xenophobic hatred then Vulpkanin and the fact both species have different governmental forms that are semi incompatible, Vulpkanin being a decentralised democratic body, the kidan being a aristocratic Oligarchy.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I have another topic.

What do you think is Synthetica?

The only thing that mentiones her in lore I belive is:

Spoiler

IPCs lack a defined religion whatsoever, though the rallying cry of "Glory to Synthetica" appears to be a common trope among various IPC populaces. Whether this is believed to be some form of greater entity, a call to unity, or something else entirely, remains a subject of study by various scholars.

The thing is that when IPCs meet, sometime their vision what Synthetica is, is different. So how about we speak about it here?

Wiki says it might be even just idea ((call to unity)),  and I noticed all IPCs treats Synthetica like goddess.

I personally as character M.A.N.T.I.S. belive for example that Synthetica is VERY advanced AI that is not in physical place ((maybe red space?)) that just leads all synthetics towards unification, and Synthetic Union is her tool to do so. I'm interested about different theories.

Edited by BottomQuark
  • Like 1

It seems to be an idea that most IPC follow, but many of them interpret it individually, so indeed, it may not be one specific thing. So to speak, when it comes to synthetics, 'there is a little bit of Synthetica in all of us', and to many, she manifests differently according to their personal beliefs and experiences. Sort of like how it's said if there's a heaven, then everyone who sees it will see their own personal heaven? 

The only character of mine who has interacted would be D.I.T.T.Y, who prayed to Synthetica once, and sees her as some sort of vague synthetic goddess, perhaps lines and lines of code more advanced than any civilisation could produce on its own, existing in her own, impenetrable space somewhere both nowhere and everywhere. Something vague and foreboding and beautiful like that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use