Nov 25th Meeting Questions

LightFire53

Do you have questions that require answers? Please post them here, and they will be addressed at the Community Meeting on November 25th, available via Discord!

Dont you believe that the job of Barber is seemingly pointless and very uninteresting expect from the minor antagonist detail regarding the throat slicing scissors? Especially because its a karma job, and i honestly think it should be replaced with something else. And one more question. Can you please give Gateway Explorers weapon permits, because it doesnt make sense for it to actually be sort of a job in the game but impossible to do without being armed.

Science appear to be stuck on a continuous cycle each round, like an endless loop of repeats. Can we see anything new happening with science?

Are we able to add an armory button @ bridge in order to open if for officer if warden not present?

Fitness room, Mr. Chang room are both never used, causing space. Can we shrink or add the areas to make them more popular?

I feel like everything is a perma ban offense, I know of my notes, but are there ways to make less notes? Like after such and such weeks we will make this note go away for good behavior?

Is there a possibility to make a room for the super matter? Not fully loaded, but off side incase someone would try? Just need to order necessary items from cargo.

I forget where to look once the meetings are done to read over the notes. I won't be here as I am going to be on a plane to Vegas on the 25th

That is all for my concerns.

IPC’s don’t really have some of the “normal” antag events such as vampire, cult, changeling, and shadowling. Is it possible to maybe discuss some IPC specific round types?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could Gateway Explorer be a job on the ID computers?

For clarification, I don't know what the status is on making Gateway Explorer a job that you can set at the beginning of a round. Regardless, if there was a pre-set job on the HoP's computer, that would make life a bit easier instead of trying to make custom jobs for each of the five or so gateway explorers every round. 

There really needs to be some warnings or something going out for the security powergaming. Lately during peak hours I've been seeing completely excessive sentences, pre-emptively securing literally everything within the first 10 minutes of a round (most often the AI bolting all rooms with steal objectives and gateway), 'upgrading' permabrig by adding girders to all the windows and blocking off the bathroom, and random searches on any alert level for the most minor suspicious acts.

I know it's not particularly against the rules but lately it's been pretty excessive and only forgivable because most rounds sec isn't particularly effective at dealing with actual antagonists. Will we see anything to cut down on this behaviour?

Can we either nerf, or remove the Priority shuttle? It does not make sense that the biggest asset in the area receives a slower shuttle first, then only the fastest shuttle when a blinky light changes colour. There should be a number of solutions to this.

• Remove the Priority shuttle entirely
  • Make it so they can't call the shuttle for five minutes after going to Red.
  • Make the ETA tick from 10 minutes to 5 minutes slowly after going to Red.
  • BSA the fuckwit that recalls the 10 minute shuttle to change the bulb from blue to red and get a better shuttle.

Ultimately this will help solve 'shuttle cheese', where people call the shuttle at Blue, realise it's longer, recall the shuttle, go to Red, then call the shuttle again.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2017 at 9:10 AM, Spartan said:

Ultimately this will help solve 'shuttle cheese', where people call the shuttle at Blue, realise it's longer, recall the shuttle, go to Red, then call the shuttle again.

Could just make shuttle time boost by 5 minutes when you go from Blue to Red, except in cases where a delay is used, (sling engine destroy and cultist orb). This would be better posted as a suggestion than here though

Edited by SkeletalElite

I would like to ask if there is a /chance/ to have more game admins shadowing the trailmins? I rather not discuss it on here, nor do I have the problem with them, but I feel like they aren't getting enough training? I honestly don't want to say more as I feel it might go south.

The question of how to get rid of RNG disarm. I feel like this issue comes up all the time, but we never come to any conclusion on how to fix this. The community should come to a final consensus so somebody can code this.

Gonna bring up the topic once more of a genpop jail. It's always touched on now and then and seems to not gain much traction, but it would certainly be worth a look into once more. Genpop at least allows prisoners things to do while in the cell for longer than 15 minutes, and overall would be interesting to see if it worked out. Any chance of it happening?

I would like to see the idea of having Engineering produce what Science drafts, which basically means that science gains the technology levels and creates the blueprints needed for engineering to produce the actual items. This may result in 1. the science powercreep is (mostly) gone, 2. engineers have something to do out of emergencies that is not upgrading the station, 3. there's more inter-departmental relations going on.

EDIT 22NOV17: That's also just one suggestion out of many that could be implemented. So any other suggestions would also be welcomed.

Edited by ExGame

Hey, let's throw my hat once more into the ring! Actually enforce Quarantine! Yes, the excuse is 'if the station's had enough, we're not going to force them to stay', but that's why the nuke exists, it's why ERT/DS teams with disks go in. End the round with an ending that makes sense when a biohazard exists.

Why? Because why not? Is there harm with an ERT blowing the nuke? If the ERT can't do it, a DS certainly can, they're walking fridges.

Edited by Spartan
  • Like 1

Ahhhh...... screw it. One more question ain't gonna hurt.

Could it be possible to make an event where the kitchen would be something resembling the popular show Kitchen Nightmares by Gordon Ramsay.

We could make a red team and a  blue team just like in the show and of the admins or whoever really could act as Gordon ( although i recommend we use different names ). We would also have players coming in and placing orders, an entire waiting staff, bartenders those dudes who take you to your table and the whole shabbang.

Tell me what you think guys!!!

Let's throw another into the mix, because this meeting will just be all me and Gateway is a good theme.

Why not make Gateway exile only? Make it different so they physically can't come back, because two exiles just remove each others implants with ghetto surgery and come back armed with the teeth. Perhaps a collar that needs an emag and move the gateway to security to prevent greytide just getting their wirecutters, screwdriver and crowbar and just hack it open.

Or, OR!

Update the Labour Camp to fit back into the new system of doing Space Law. Labour Camp seems to only exist for the sake of existing, and it seems much too easy for the prisoner to kill themselves. If it's basically disused, why does it still exist?

Edited by Spartan
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Why not make Gateway exile only? Make it different so they physically can't come back, because two exiles just remove each others implants with ghetto surgery and come back armed with the teeth. Perhaps a collar that needs an emag?

Wow, this is actually a very good idea!