Give the kitchen a space cleaner spray bottle

Landerlow

Yes and the janitor is severely underplayed. Also, one space cleaner bottle is not a bad thing for the kitchen. 

>Scichem has two bottles

>Medical has inf cleaner but doesn't use it all the time

>The janitor is often too busy, or the janitorial department is understaffed, or there's no janitor at all.

Edited by Landerlow

We need more interdepartmental interaction and cooperation on Paradise...not less.

Complete Self-sufficiency leads to stagnation and gives jobs less meaning/reason to exist.

Edited by Fox McCloud

I totally agree with previous statements, it possibly should even be dirty at roundstart (problem with jani, para and maybe iaa or some other jobs that it is kind of boring before some work for them appears, so they tend to cryo)

Space station is a multiplayer game for a reason. There's a reason other departments need to rely on each other and cooperate. If everyone can do everything on their own there is no reason to leave our little department bubbles and interact with each other.

I agree but then it has to happen. And it doesn't, on many levels, which I think is sad. This is why I also suggested environemental/virus outbreak penalties for a dirty station, etc. As it is, dirt, blood, gibs, puke and other unhygienic stuff only are asthetically annoying, nothing else, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2017 at 5:58 PM, Streaky Haddock said:

make janitor a karma job, then everyone will want it honk

Well that do not always work my dear clown.

I believe this come that the janitor job is not very rewarding and that's why you don't see good janitor players at all,  "we" the humans like to get rewards when we do something.

Have you heard of the skinner box psychology experiment if not then here a fun video talking about it. 

Playing SS13... Talks about reward...

The only thing we really have that carry through rounds are karma and relationships, which is fine, but if you leave, all your friends are going to vanish and no one is going to remember you. There's hardly an incentive to play harder or try better other than Karma, and you don't really get that by doing good, you get it by... Being cool.

Let me refine my point even more, I'm saying that as the janitor, most players just look down on you even if your doing your job right, you hardly have any time to talk to other or you have too much time, it's like the all-or-nothing law.

Do you know why?  most or all players, there may be a few that don't think this but most think this if he not doing his job.  What he not cleaning this mess? hm, lazy janitor.

or when he is cleaning it just don't get Hey you did good, or thanks for cleaning them mess, they just go on and don't think of the others that they don't know of.

Have you heard of bystander effect?  it's something like that, I think it's like fading in to a white board but all you wanted was recognition.

• 1 year later...

I agree. The Kitchen is an area in which sanitation can directly affect crew members via food poisoing. Medbay is also an area where sanitation is important. Medbay is well-equipped with space cleaner in most rooms, yet the Kitchen doesn't have one.

As the chef, the first thing I do is ask for the Chemist's space cleaner as they do not usually need it. It would be nice to not have to do this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use