Name: Buford Prescot

Race: Human

Blood Type: B+

General Occupational Roles:

Bartender

Doctor

Security

Chaplain

Biography: He was never really born rather cloned by a pompous rich parents kids DNA. The parents lost there child at age 16 when he got shot to death after being robbed by common thugs. This was before a time where consciousness could be transferred between bodies so the best option for the grieving parents was to make an almost identical clone with the childs DNA.

Brought into existence at the age of 16 on Earth with an IQ of 135 (Top 5% of the universe) he had a brain.. Unfortunately never used it though. Instead he wasted the only 2 years of his childhood indulging in alcohol, shows, and getting into constant fights. During this time period he tried recreational hard drugs twice but never got into it. At age 17 he started dating a girl by the name of Scarlet who was a smoker and she offered him a cigarette and that's how the addiction was picked up. Scarlet was 22 (5 years older then him) and managed a bar so Buford was always allowed and encouraged to spend his time there drinking. That he did. In the process learned how to operate the bar and mix drinks.

One fateful night at age 18 his girlfriend was intoxicated as they were drinking when the bar closed down. He was driving her home and she vomitted and threw her body at him in an attempt to drunkenly give him a kiss.

This caused the car to spin out of control smashing the right end of the car into a building, Killing her instantly and leaving Buford in critical condition.

Due to his family connections he was sent to a high end Nanotrasen hospital and almost died there. After he got resuscitated he reported having entered red space (a near death experience). 

Reported to faintly remember a pitch black figure chanting the words:

"There is but one true God"

"Good and evil only exists within the minds of man"

"Do something in life. Good and evil are irrelevant on how make decisions, just become part of something."

He had a faint aspiration to be a doctor during his stay at the hospital but this soon faded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the legal age of 18 after loosing his girlfriend and his parents shunning him for not having the potential of being successful, not willing to go to college, and in general not being the wealthy families stereotypical son. He had nothing left on earth so he signed a contract with nanotrasen and boarded a shuttle to the NSS Cyberaid.

With no experience in really anything but mixing drinks he took up a job as a bartender among the station.

He enjoyed his work due to free drinks and being allowed to smoke on the job.

After doing this for so long he grew tired and took up med school.

Graduating early at age 24 due to his smarts he started off as a doctor at medbay.

Starting off was frustrating and he made a few mistakes. One most known is his incident of malpractice in the surgery room where he reattached a rotten arm unmasked, smoking, and without washing his hands.

The patient filled up with toxins and almost died but thanks to another staff member got revived.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day at the NSS Cyberaid the station split up into multiple factions. So he decided to go to the brig and help security by supporting them with his advanced medical training.

Due to this he became inspired to join security and that he did.

As a lowly security guard he spend his time fighting crime, still remaining faithful to the bar, and helping protect medbay.

Due to his connections with medbay he was almost always granted access to that area.

Occasionally beating the shit out of suspects and prisoners, pepper spraying them, and all that his morals became questionable but justified due to his past of fighting and anger problems.

After a trip to IAA he decided to clean up his act and read up on space law.

Knowing space law so well he got promoted to warden.. Then later to HoS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qualifications:

Self taught in fighting, amateur brawling basically.

Advanced medical training.

Expert in Space Law, SoP, and Legal SoP.

Knowledgeable in the written word.

Competent in both abductive and deductive reasoning.

Psychology

Rhetoric

Mixing drinks

Theology

Employment Records:

Bartender

Psychologist

Doctor

Security Guard

Warden

Head of security

Chief Medical Officer (Briefly then resigned)

Chaplain 

Security Records:

Multiple counts of harmbatoning (Expunged and cleared off his record due to no illegal activities for the alloted amount of time required for this process to happen)

Declassified by central command - Buford Prescot as HoS may or may have not performed "Enhanced Interrogation Methods" or in English torture on syndicate agents to get information out of them. Formerly used by the CIA.

Medical Records:

PTSD, depression, possible other mental illnesses. 

No longer suffers from anger issues but rather stays cool and collective no matter what the circumstance.

Suffers from multiple personality disorder which manifests on what position nanotransen designates him to be on the station. (Cured)

As security he is blank, emotionless, cool and collective, as well bright and effective with whatever position he is in at that department.

As a civilian he spirals into this delusion that space law is a figurative female person that he wants to be married too and as well according to his mind holds a relationship with "Her". With this delusion he believes that him and space law have relationship issues because he claims that she says he doesn't know her that well anymore. Over the course of this personality he tends to chant random songs, drink heavily, chain smoke, bother high command and security.

After being fired from Nanotransen from all security positions he has dedicated his life to God and now servers as a chaplain for the station. Many miracles have been performed and on most shifts he blesses the brig and security. The bar and church is sacred ground for the God he worships and follows. During his ventures with the light bearer he has been cured of his multiple personality disorder as well during his holy acts around the station makes him a better person every day.

On occasion he will serve the holy land of the Bar and benefit the crew by volunteering as a doctor at medbay.

He still remembers his Journey into redspace to this day..

Photo: 6,0 pitch black hair.

Commendations: N/A

Reprimands: N/A

Edited by Buford
  • Like 1

Just now, Vargh said:

Steven Stingray: "BUFORD FUCKING PAY ME ATTENTION FOR ONCE"

LOOOL, I always get distracted when I'm playing. So many chats going on and sometimes I respond to people and they miss it or don't read it and they think I'm ignoring them.

5 minutes ago, Hylocereus said:

that awkward moment you hide your target's corpse and they mhelp you and you gotta pretend you didn't see it because you're too guilty to answer :S

I'msorrydude

That sounds pretty funny.

On 7/24/2017 at 3:01 AM, Hylocereus said:

that awkward moment you hide your target's corpse and they mhelp you and you gotta pretend you didn't see it because you're too guilty to answer :S

I'msorrydude

You were hella rude to me IC when I was at the kitchen "Get off the table, you aren't special" said other things as well.

• Salt 1

Well, you did literally climb on the table as HoS in front of a load of people and walked all over it and the food. From an IC standpoint 'course I'm gonna be pissy, especially when I've had a demented russian trying to bash in the windows :P

If someone jumps on the counter at a cafeteria, do you think the cooks are going to be impressed?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hylocereus said:

Well, you did literally climb on the table as HoS in front of a load of people and walked all over it and the food. From an IC standpoint 'course I'm gonna be pissy, especially when I've had a demented russian trying to bash in the windows :P

If someone jumps on the counter at a cafeteria, do you think the cooks are going to be impressed?

I mean I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, James5734 said:

Hey Buford, I remember for my first experience with you, you had no idea what a SPACE POD was. It was hilarious but you are still a great HOS.

Compliments like that will get me through boinks. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, CPTCoffee said:

Oh boy. SCUTTLES almost lost his shit when he had to explain that PDA bombs were traitor items. 

PDA bombs are traitor items but they aren't distinguished directly or given any hints on how to identify on the contraband section of the wiki. There are Syndicate Minibombs, Syndicate Bombs, and pizza bombs but that's about it.

The contraband section is kinda outdated for instance the "Syndicate Pistol" is no longer called the syndicate pistol it's called <insert forgotten word here> pistol as well it's orange level but if someone has more then one bullet for it or a silencer it makes the person EoC.

As well the contraband list doesn't have sec gear listed as contraband. However in space law under Possession of a restricted weapon it lists some sec gear as being contraband.

Stunprod isn't listed as contraband even though it is.

Yeaaa..

3 minutes ago, Buford said:

PDA bombs are traitor items but they aren't distinguished directly or given any hints on how to identify on the contraband section of the wiki. There are Syndicate Minibombs, Syndicate Bombs, and pizza bombs but that's about it.

You can have the wiki team update the page.

But yeah...the PDA was open to the bomb ___ page and the mime was about to get 20 minutes in the brig for having contraband. Don't get me wrong I like playing sec with you it just feels like you need to play a few more rounds as sec or warden so you know how to react to all the antag bs going on. 

29 minutes ago, CPTCoffee said:

You can have the wiki team update the page.

But yeah...the PDA was open to the bomb ___ page and the mime was about to get 20 minutes in the brig for having contraband. Don't get me wrong I like playing sec with you it just feels like you need to play a few more rounds as sec or warden so you know how to react to all the antag bs going on. 

I never play antag that's why. Most of the antag knowledge I have is by reading about them on the wiki. During that situation I looked at the contraband section browsed and didn't find anything similar to a PDA bomb in the red section. However I know explosives are contraband so I was about to give him 20 for possession of explosives and resisting arrest as possession of explosives can't be stacked with contraband or possession of a restricted weapon.

Everyone makes mistakes during the community meeting I saw a few admins asking other admins about space law something along the lines with "If someone is an EoC and they commit a major crime with a red level contraband item is it death penalty?" However it's if anyone uses any contraband to commit a major crime it labels them as EoC which is permabrig.

So yea I know what I'm doing the only thing I struggle in is antag knowledge. The equivalent to being a virgin and reading a book about sex. I can read about antags or process antags but that isn't the same as being an antag.

Edited by Buford

1 hour ago, Buford said:

So yea I know what I'm doing the only thing I struggle in is antag knowledge. The equivalent to being a virgin and reading a book about sex. I can read about antags or process antags but that isn't the same as being an antag.

The easiest solution is to take a break from jobs that are mindshielded and try out other jobs with your antag preferences on. Not only do you get to learn the other jobs on the station, but you actually have a chance to play as an antag. It gives you a much better understanding of what you're fighting when you play security.

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

The easiest solution is to take a break from jobs that are mindshielded and try out other jobs with your antag preferences on. Not only do you get to learn the other jobs on the station, but you actually have a chance to play as an antag. It gives you a much better understanding of what you're fighting when you play security.

I agree but I just don't like playing as antag it isn't fun for me. I like helping the crew hence why doctor was my second position ever played on SS13 haha not hurting them.

Can always make a private server and take most of the antags for a test ride. It really helps to actually know how they work in game as opposed to reading about them. Everyone learns by messing stuff up. I can tell you or you could read about how to take care of certain antags and antag abilities a hundred times. You'll still learn more from being beaten or killed by them a half dozen times. 

4 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

Can always make a private server and take most of the antags for a test ride. It really helps to actually know how they work in game as opposed to reading about them. Everyone learns by messing stuff up. I can tell you or you could read about how to take care of certain antags and antag abilities a hundred times. You'll still learn more from being beaten or killed by them a half dozen times. 

But how will he know to drag a monkey around everywhere on shadowling rounds to abuse the way glare works?

honk

21 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

Yea haha.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use