Give ghosts a shadow person respawn option

Landerlow

Title says it. Lots of time IM' bored. Or I WANT to play as shadow at roundstart for example. Just .. roam in the maints, do nothing, be spooky.  

Maint shadow hobo !! Would it be hard to add this? Next patch? NOW? TOMORROW? :D

• Like 1

As extra thought: GIve them the following power(s):

Shadowstep to step in other shadows

Ability to turn off lights shortly.

Ability to hide in darkness

BOOOO!

BUT THEY CANT DO DAMAGE OR HARM PEOPL! It's just a gimmick really

Hi, i'm gonna have to disagree.

Shadow persons will interfiere with antagonist and security jobs, and it'll be really bothering.

Validhunt would even start.

Can they even communicate to us? if they could there can be meta

Though, i like your creativity! keep it up, i know you can do it.

Edited by bigfatbananacyclops

22 minutes ago, Landerlow said:

Give them the laws of the shadows/afterlife: DO NOT INTERFERE WITH 'living' beings, do not concern yourself with antags, etc.

Drones already have that law and they broke it most of the time, having a human being character shitters can play would be a really bad idea even with those laws 

Just now, Vargh said:

Drones already have that law and they broke it most of the time, having a human being character shitters can play would be a really bad idea even with those laws 

This is why we have admins. 

Also if we have to forbid everything because people COULD be shitters, we might as well shut down the server. If this were implemented I would abide by all laws. Also, LIMITATIONS to as to what can or cannot be done is the key to this idea.

Y'know what could be a neat traitor item? Haunted Slab. When you use it, you take some brute damage to cut yourself on it. Creates a 'portal' for ghosts to spawn through with the goal of causing havoc. However they know who opened the way for them and are forbidden from interfering in their work. Perhaps it could create a revenant every so often?

Pls no revs. My suggestion is jsut simple:

1. Give people the ability to spawn as shadow person from roundstart.

Shadow people:

- Cannot do damage, or if they can, VERY LITTLE

- Have the following power(s):

----Shadowstep

----BOOOO!

-- Manipulate lights (flicker/turn off shortly, etc)

-- Talk to other shadows

-- cloak in darkness (possibly)

RESTRICTIONS:

-- Do not interfere with business on the station

-- POSSIBLY: Unable to speak to living people on the station?

They would be more restricted than drones, but just something to keep ghosts 'busy'. Perhaps the ability to return to the afterlife, if you get bored? 

It's just for !!FUN!!.

Better improve existing back-to-life features than add new worthless one

This is more of an addition. You can spawn as a mouse who can't do anything, why not a shade with restrictions? I really don't see why you are all against it, lest I would think that EVERYONE WILL ABUSE IT.

When we get around to finishing up Lavaland, there will be special areas with spawners, allowing ghosts to take over a role like an ashlizard or free golem, and let them do as they please, surviving in the desolate wasteland. Perhaps a suggestion could be to place a Shadow Person spawner in an abandoned area somewhere in Lavaland?

I still think that ghosts could respawn as shades, a mere shade of their existence, and roam dark areas. Shouldn't be a problem. But yeah .. if people don't like it, then they don't.

We're really not too interested in more options for dead people to rejoin the game. We currently have mice, drones, npcs, mining bots, and a whole bunch of mid-round antags. The non antag ones are meant to be mostly noninstrusive, just fun little things to pass the time with. Something like this (whose job is appears is to mess with people) is much too obtrusive on the round and the players. If you want to play something that interacts so much with crew like that, play a crewmember.

• Like 1

@necaladun

What about making an ability to make ghosts visible for like, 10 seconds or so, like a proper haunt ability? Just a visual effect. Would that be doable? Would still make people dead though.

That would just be like a death alarm+ as you could go show yourself in security to tell you're dead.
Death is already a minor annoyance instead of something to take into consideration, no need to dilute it even more

Edited by Rumiluntti

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use