Security Lockers

ZN23X

In wake of the increase in security officers cap, any rounds I've played that have maxed sec crew, we tend to be short on gear, particularly HUDs, batons, and belts. I know theres 7 officers and 8 lockers but most of the time the detective needs some gear. The Blueshield usually likes a sec HUD. I've even seen the HOP coming in and grabbing stuff. Is it possible to add 2 more security lockers, either in the locker room or even the armory? Or can I at least AHELP to be allowed to strip SSD officers gear off and put it in a locker for active officers?

Edited by ZN23X

I think stripping SSD officers will fix the problem. We should allow that to do so, but ofcourse only workers of security department should have such access.

As far as I recall from an Admin Announcement during a round I played, Detectives and Shields (or anyone not sec) obtaining Sec Huds from the Security Department was job bannable.

Edit: I would say anyone caught doing this should be reported to the admins.

Edited by Jovaniph

If I recall correctly from a previous conversation, it's jobbannable if the Detective/BS just filch the equipment from lockers without conversation, as opposed to asking the Warden/HoS nicely.

I'll have to remember that. I've honestly always walked into security with my captain ID as Blueshield and grabbed a sec HUD...never knew ?

Like I'm amazed I've gotten away with it for this long. Holy crap.

Won't happen again! ?

Edited by ZN23X

3 hours ago, ZN23X said:

Or can I at least AHELP to be allowed to strip SSD officers gear off and put it in a locker for active officers?

You can always ahelp for that kinda thing - it's pretty routine to get such ahelps for sec officers, and rarely (if ever?) do we not allow wardens/etc to do that. Hell, you can always ahelp to ask permission for things, unless it's something especially foul or gross, you won't be any trouble. You might get a no, or no answer if we're busy and/or it's a stupid request. But doesn't hurt to ask.

Just remember we get a log with big red letters for interactions with SSDs, so always ask permission first. Seeing someone strip a bunch of sec gear from an SSD generally gets our attention.

35 minutes ago, Jovaniph said:

Detectives and Shields (or anyone not sec) obtaining Sec Huds from the Security Department was job bannable.

They shouldn't be running in and just taking stuff. A shield using the spare ID to rob the armoury is not ok at all. Asking the Warden for some of the toys is something else entirely, and you shouldn't be jobbanned for asking for HUDglasses and getting them from the warden. As detective, asking for a sec belt is pretty standard. It's all about context. Going at roundstart to arm yourself up with a bunch of sec gear is very different to asking the warden for a laser during a massive terror spider outbreak.

You will generally get an IC "no" from me for blueshields and detectives getting secHUDS. If you are merely asking for it you will not net a jobban, however.

2 hours ago, Jovaniph said:

As far as I recall from an Admin Announcement during a round I played, Detectives and Shields (or anyone not sec) obtaining Sec Huds from the Security Department was job bannable.

Edit: I would say anyone caught doing this should be reported to the admins.

What about people running into Medical, hacking the med dispensers and grabbing medical huds and crew monitors? I once saw a civilian who had nabbed a medical belt somehow and I told him after treating him: "Okay you should be good to go, now you just need to take a shower and return the belt."

2 hours ago, Tomar_Brindsbane said:

What about people running into Medical, hacking the med dispensers and grabbing medical huds and crew monitors? I once saw a civilian who had nabbed a medical belt somehow and I told him after treating him: "Okay you should be good to go, now you just need to take a shower and return the belt."

Well as far as I'm aware. Medical Huds and Crew monitors can be obtain through research I think.

Also, I think if someone really wants a secHud, they could get a secHud (HUD version) from research as well. I don't like the idea of people asking permission to take one from the lockers. Its just not fair for new officers that come in late game with no secsunglassesHUD because some HoP/Shield/Detective has the last pair.

Edit: The Sunglasses should be exclusive and the HUD can be obtain through research. I'm starting to like the idea of removing the sunglasses from the lockers and allow Security/Warden/HoS to start with them at round start.

Edit2: The IAA/Magistrate starts with them at round start.

Edited by Jovaniph

Honestly, if it's a case of Medical HuDS or other non-security equipment, I'd ask where they got it before confiscating. Really the excuse "found it in maint" only works on toolbelts, if they can't come up with anything better, slap their wrist, take it back.

11 minutes ago, Someonewithapen said:

Honestly, if it's a case of Medical HuDS or other non-security equipment, I'd ask where they got it before confiscating. Really the excuse "found it in maint" only works on toolbelts, if they can't come up with anything better, slap their wrist, take it back.

The issue is that officers are really bad at actually confiscating stuff from people. I find that while working in security that the officers most often give back the equipment they find on people.

11 minutes ago, Tomar_Brindsbane said:

The issue is that officers are really bad at actually confiscating stuff from people. I find that while working in security that the officers most often give back the equipment they find on people.

I personally have been caught with makeshift shotguns and weapons many times and rarely if ever had them confiscated. Even with lethal shells loaded. And I have yet to ever have security take loose security equipment off of me when I do find it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shazbot194 said:

I personally have been caught with makeshift shotguns and weapons many times and rarely if ever had them confiscated. Even with lethal shells loaded. And I have yet to ever have security take loose security equipment off of me when I do find it.

This is so bizarre to me. I never let anyone keep weapons ever. Or security gear.

• Like 1

If it was my choice I would confiscate everything that would fall outside the suspect's department. The stuff in maintenence is also NanoTrasen property. In any civilized law book; what most civilians do would be considered looting and extremely illegal.

Edited by Tomar_Brindsbane

3 hours ago, Purpose2 said:

Maybe stop gearing up Blueshields and Detectives like officers, and it'll even fix other problems going on.

Personally as Blueshield I just like having a sec HUD so I can quickly see what the role is of anyone who comes on the bridge or quickly locate command staff in a crisis. It particularly helps with the CMO and RD as they sometimes have a tendency to dress like a civilian. I think AHELPing rouge Blueshields can fix the problem.

The closest I come to security work when I'm the Blueshield is clinging to the HOS when they inform me they are running into a dangerous situation.

On 6/15/2017 at 7:16 PM, ZN23X said:

This is so bizarre to me. I never let anyone keep weapons ever. Or security gear.

I was once found in maintenance three seperate occasions by three seperate officers. I had a glass spear, and a bonfire going, and I was hurling books I had dubbed heresy from the library into it.

Not one of them stopped me, searched me, or even questioned why I was sitting in the maintenance tunnel behind the library burning books like some kind of tribal savage on red alert. It wasn't until one found me in the main hallway that they asked me to hand over the spear.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use