Leg Cuffs

ZN23X

I've gotten in the habit of ALWAYS putting leg cuffs on any prisoner I'm transporting a decent distance, especially if I'm alone, because one slip and the prisoner can (and will) take off and you might lose em. Problem is the only way to do this is to let go of them, stand a space away, and throw the energy bolas at them. If you do it while right next to them, you hit yourself, and you CAN'T just slap leg cuffs on someone the same as you do with handcuffs.

Can a mechanic similar to how handcuffs are applied be added to leg cuffs? Possibly also make it so you CAN throw leg cuffs on someone who is on the ground (stunned) instead of needing to wait till they stand up.

Edited by ZN23X

9 minutes ago, Spacemanspark said:

You can apply handcuffs to shoes to make this.

Never knew that. Sweet!

3 hours ago, SomeGuy9283 said:

IIRC it has to orange shoes, like the ones in the brig lockers.

Tested this. You CAN apply cuffs to a pair of orange shoes so long as you are holding both the cuffs and shoes in your hands. You cannot apply them to any other kinds of shoes. It doesn't work when they are wearing them even if they are orange. Must be holding them.

This will be a useful alternative if we ever run out of bolas but it's less convenient.

I'm looking for the ability to apply a bola to someone the same way you apply cuffs, just by clocking them while you are standing next to them and holding the bola in your active hand.

Edited by ZN23X

15 minutes ago, Ziiro said:

You can hack the shoe vendor to get orange shoes, by the way.

Still making the shoes is less convenient than stepping back a space and throwing an energy bola. I'm looking for something easier than that. We all too damned focused on the shoes lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZN23X said:

Still making the shoes is less convenient than stepping back a space and throwing an energy bola. I'm looking for something easier than that. We all too damned focused on the shoes lol

The idea behind the cuff-shoes is keeping them from running of whilst captured, rather than slowing them down for arresting them.

Bolas can be applied from a distance, but take all of .3 seconds to get out of and start running again. Try this: When you have arrested a high flight risk prisoner, have a pair of cuff shoes premade in your bag. Quickly swap shoes as soon as their cuffed, and then the only way they'll be able to run again is to hold still and undo their cuffs. Recapturing them should be all too easy.

What's better: Freedom implant won't immediately remove them, giving you a few precious extra seconds.

1 hour ago, SomeGuy9283 said:

The idea behind the cuff-shoes is keeping them from running of whilst captured, rather than slowing them down for arresting them.

Bolas can be applied from a distance, but take all of .3 seconds to get out of and start running again. Try this: When you have arrested a high flight risk prisoner, have a pair of cuff shoes premade in your bag. Quickly swap shoes as soon as their cuffed, and then the only way they'll be able to run again is to hold still and undo their cuffs. Recapturing them should be all too easy.

One more thing to add to my overflowing bag of gear ???

I DO think they have to remove handcuffs before removing the bola though. I've never had a handcuffed prisoner remove their bola n run off. Maybe they just don't know how to.

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 1

It might've been bay, but I believe we used to have the ability to cuff legs before. If we did have the ability to do it before, I would have no idea why we got rid of it.

3 hours ago, Birdtalon said:

You can always just take their shoes off and they'll move slower anyway.

If you do this you're a bad person.

You've got a taser a baton peperspray flashbangs etc... If anyone needed anything more than one or two out of those I'd be a bit worried.

It's pretty easy to permanently lockdown someone forever anyway, just embed a couple of glass shards in their feet and leave them cuffed to a bed, trapped FOREVER, or you know just use a meat spike.

Edited by Doukan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Birdtalon said:

You can always just take their shoes off and they'll move slower anyway.

THAT would be too cruel. Pretty sure that's bannable ???

Personally I think energy bolas by themselves are OP and shouldn't exist but since they do they should only be allowed at high alert levels. Security already has such simple and easy ways to capture people. It doesn't make sense as it is that someone with a taser can beat someone with a fucking assault rifle in a fight and you are argueing that you need more options so that nobody can ever escape whatsoever.

On 4/7/2017 at 6:15 PM, GelatinousGlob said:

Personally I think energy bolas by themselves are OP and shouldn't exist but since they do they should only be allowed at high alert levels. Security already has such simple and easy ways to capture people. It doesn't make sense as it is that someone with a taser can beat someone with a fucking assault rifle in a fight and you are argueing that you need more options so that nobody can ever escape whatsoever.

If you make a resist macro (mine is space) you can resist the second you get hit with a bola and they take like a second give or take to get off

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use