Skrell Headpockets

PhantasmicDream

This was something I've brought up a few times one the discord when people mention about how some races should have some more fluffing up to them.

Currently how Skrells stand, you can breath underwater and you can't handle your alcohol.

I've been thinking that fun thing to add to them is them having the ability to carry small items in their tendrils. So, they can carry things in the back of their heads, mostly likely be something that people wouldn't be able to see when being examined.

And on a side note,  remove the ability for Skrells to have their "hair" shaved and/or burned off,  cause from my understanding that is a part of their fleshy bodies and would probably hurt like a bitch.  

headpocket_copy_by_phantasmicdream-db3ud

• Like 2

+1 to giving Skrell more variations to set them further apart from other species.

"But officer I swear I don't know how the Captain's spare ID got there!"

• Like 1

Where does the breathing under water thing help? Not saying they don't need it or anything...just wondering how it helps...maybe it could be something more...useful?

This thread also made me look up the unique traits of other races that I was unaware of. Apparently my Unathi can eat mice. Neat!

Edited by ZN23X

4 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

Where does the breathing under water thing help? Not saying they don't need it or anything...just wondering how it helps...maybe it could be something more...useful?

This thread also made me look up the unique traits of other races that I was unaware of. Apparently my Uthani can eat mice. Neat!

Just now, IK3I said:

Breathing under water helps when someone tries to drown you in the pool, and yes, you can be drowned in the pool.

There's also several Gateway maps with underwater areas.

1 hour ago, Keroman said:

There's also several Gateway maps with underwater areas.

I meant to ask about the gateway cuz I'm not familiar with it and assumed it might be helpful there.

• 1 month later...

Implementation wise, I was thinking maybe it could be an ability in the upper left? Like one button for store items behind tendrils and one button for remove items behind tendrils. If you already have two items there it should say "Your tendrils are full" or something, and when you activate the remove tendrils ability it should be visible to everyone ("X removes some items from their tendrils"), so if security wants to do a complete search they can know you actually removed stuff. I guess there are weird things to think about like what happens when you get decapitated and stuff though.

Oh yeah and I guess for balance it should only fit items that could go in an emergency box?

Edited by Tayswift

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use