Game mode: Stand Showdown

liag

So I thought of this game mode when I was looking though the roles and saw Guardian. This mode is obviously inspired by the stand battles in JJBA part 3-8. The antags would be guardian masters trying to find out who the other masters are and killing them. What makes this mode different from others this that the antags are against each other and the crew is just in the crossfire.

the masters objectives would be:

-Be the last Master alive

-escape on the shuttle

This was just a quick thought I had, I would like to see what others think about this idea.

I'm all for anything that makes people with holoparasites have to kill each other rather than people without holoparasites lol

The JoJo franchise(AKA JJBA) lasting 2 decades despite its creator being notorious for writing things as he goes (thus having his legal team restrain him a few times to avoid the wrath of disney, alot of plotholes that were barely avoided and characters who occasionally forget how to do something they did earlier many chapters ago) is probably alot more than just "An anime".

Back on topic, this suggestion isnt that bad considering pretty much every fight in JJBA is a battle of wits(since alot of them are seemingly weak until the fridge logic kicks in), and if you get antag status with the objective: "Be the last antag alive.", you will definitely need your own wits and a bit of luck to robust your way to victory.

Since both the stand and the antag are player controlled entities that secretly communicate with each other it would theoretically increase the amounts of crazy plans they can come up with.

Now for the probably dumb suggestions roulette:

Give a "stand locating ping" with a fairly long cooldown to stand users participating in the stand showdown since there will be that one guy that never brings out his stand and therefore goes undetected indefinitely.

Make crewmembers be unable to see summoned stands until a certain criteria is met, could be a timer based on how many antags are left. I dont think this is worth the coding effort.

More abilities/stands, maybe have weaker or stronger(or OP, if you prefer) ones be less or more or undetectable by the stand locating ping.

Edit: Obligatory fabulous posing button, small chance of self inflicted brute damage.

Edited by Guest

Personally I love the idea of A secretive battle between antags while the crew is caught in the middle.

They would obviously need some traitorlike objectives to keep things interesting for the crew though.

And to suit the idea of the game-mode, having them all have the same objective would be best in order to force confrontation.

Like they all need the captains antique laser and to be the only antag to esCape.

Just some weaboo stuff then.

On a more serious note, I don't think that the proposed game-mode really fits with SS13.

Its already in, just doesnt happen alot.

All you need is: traitors that want/need to kill each other, and then they all just happened to buy the holoparasite.

Simply giving a handful of traitors with the normal 20 TC PDAs and the objectives to kill each other would be too chaotic compared to this thread or the normal traitor rounds, would you agree?

39 minutes ago, AffectedArc07 said:

People that call holoparas stands make me want to shit in thier shoes.

Its easier! And i lack shoes.

This idea is far from being valuable enough to be worked on, but it's still worth it to discuss it further, if not then at least its fun to talk about.

I would like some abilities to be more discreet (no need for summoning to use the ability), but it should be restricted to this game mode and/or behind additional purchases of addons and/or getting an equivalent of a stand arrow, same goes for tacking more abilities onto your holoparasite or increase its existing ones.

I have also noticed TG has more variants to pick from, like the electric one.

1 hour ago, AffectedArc07 said:

People that call holoparas stands make me want to shit in thier shoes.

That's disturbing 

8 hours ago, Spacemanspark said:

That's disturbing 

Very disturbing. 

A competition between Guardians would be interesting as a kind of "minigame" but as a whole round I think it wouldn't fit.

Edited by Birdtalon

18 hours ago, Rumiluntti said:

jojoweebs pls go

Sorry Rumi, there are too many possible JoJo references.

Staff of door creation -> Sticky Fingers stand

Goon's power/mass conversion device letting you travel along power lines -> Spicy Hot Chili Pepper stand.

Fucking Shock gloves -> same as above, especially with the shock gloves doing more damage based on the power in the powergrid.

Ei Nath ->

Spoiler

j57E3mr.png

Clockwork cult or Syndicate being able to produce stands for their members. -> The Stand Arrow pretty much whenever it gets in the hands of non-protagonists.

Lag Spikes -> King Crimson

Timestop spell -> Two stands in JoJo

Staff of animation/Goon's golem spell -> Gold Experience stand or whenever there is a stand that requires physical materials to manifest itself.

Clairvoyance -> Hermit purple stand

I will stop it here before it gets too far fetched.

Edit: More seriously i would like something that would make a considerable amount of different antags try to kill each other and survive.

Send help

Edited by johannhawk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use