Plasmameme, And it's current state [Poll too]

GuppyLaxx

Is plasma shit  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Plasmaman.png Why plasma is currently... [spoilertext]Shit[/spoilertext] Plasmaman.png

For if you haven't noticed, Plasmaman is mechanically SHIT right now, as they have major downsides compared to literally ONE upside

Pros:

*They start with a space suit.

That's it

Cons:

*Cannot hide their identity

*Cannot customize in the very least

*Hard to tell who is who as the only difference between eachother is their suit according to their job

*Need a special oxygen (Not that much of a con as it really shouldn't be that annoying and adds a bit to the character)

*CANNOT take off their suit, the only exception is when they get heat resistance, which isn't THAT common. (Fun Fact:They burn even in a plasma filled enviroment)

*Their suits bonuses aren't exactly much and are a bit alike to their job ones, but aren't exactly... Perfect... AHEM weld protection AHEM

*Cannot play Vampire (Maybe another one too)

There's basically more Cons and maybe some meme Pros (spookeh skeleton) but i'm not including these, mainly because of my opinion, bla bla bla.

For my opinion, all they damn need is seriously coders to take a look at them ONCE and fix shit, as they're fucking glitched to shit, and PLEASE fucking add customization and MAYBE a damn small feature to them, that's it, it doesn't fucking need an OP ass new buff, just SOMETHING, it fucking feels like they made a shit race, then left it, just never touched it again, just RECENTLY they finally made something for it, which was updating their old lore (The old lore was pretty lazy tbh) but can they please just have someone make damn features for it, as it just seems like a lacking race overall for just a space suit, which multiple jobs start with, and one can easily get EVA suits according to the people in the shift, and also Vox who can just basically go into space without one.

The race itself is fine, it's a neat concept, opens up RP possibilities, etc, but the fact that they're so shit and that plasma players need to fucking go through these damn downsides, it fucking sucks.

I do have to say though, this is mainly my opinion, and people are free to criticize this, all i want is them to have something new or whatever and be able to customize.

[EDIT] : Forgot to say, I could care less about the damn karma price, i'm farming for that shit, the karma price isn't a problem, at all

Engineering and CE suits aren't welder or tesla proof.

Plasmamen need something, but I'm not sure what it is.

Fox's suggestion of removing their space suit and giving them a jumpsuit literally only removes their only benefit.

Fox's suggestion of removing their space suit and giving them a jumpsuit literally only removes their only benefit.

This. Also, like i said, they could really damn use customization overall, but something else would be neat too

Two things to note, One, in a Voxygen Environment a Plasmaman CAN take off his suit, it just shows the burn message occasionally, I dont believe it actually damages it. also, that vote system seemed a little biased.

Regardless of bias, the burning message proves the fact that the plasmamen are unfinished as a whole; this should've been something that was fixed weeks after plasmamen release, but it's -still- present. Another bug is the O2 alarm (amusingly) that continues repeatedly flashing despite not being in any danger.

Not to mention the unfinished plasmaman suit indicating that it has some sort of self-functioning extinguish mechanic that doesn't even exist in the code (apparently) and you get a very, very clear impression that they were just left in the dust while coders went and focused on different things entirely. Conjecture, of course. But justified conjecture.

Plasmamen were added to the karma shop two years ago by Ponies (of course) and they weren't finished back then and they still aren't. It was a bad idea back then and it still is. You can get extremely angry at the coders (you should really tone down your post, how many fucks are in there), but in the end no one wants to touch this poorly made race.

Plasmamen were added to the karma shop two years ago by Ponies (of course) and they weren't finished back then and they still aren't. It was a bad idea back then and it still is. You can get extremely angry at the coders (you should really tone down your post, how many fucks are in there), but in the end no one wants to touch this poorly made race.

While this might be the case, they're still a part of paradise station and they deserve to have-- at the very least-- some of their broken mechanics corrected so that they aren't as buggy as they are today. Whether you believe they're bad or good, that's fine, your prerogative. Doesn't mean they should be left to rot with some gnarly bugs.

Yeah, I think the Plasmaman is the worst race at the moment, they cost 100KP , that`s a good amount of karma...

And you just get a very weak and badly made cool looking race...

(You`re Althalos the Plasmaman? Gave you karma lot of times you`re a really good player ;) )

We could touch it..we really could. But the thing is we have to prepare ourselves if we do touch it on the code team. Cuase i will be honest.

Most attempts to balance things like races (and some other things). Are met with a high degree of salt, then a high degree of drama. I am one under the mindset things can be fixed and balanced. Sadly balance will always lead to people not happy about it.

Not sure on the availability of welding goggles, but they solve the welding problem easily.

Engineering not having tesla-proof hardsuit gives an actual reason to use the singularity, bonus points for having IPC engineers too and some conflict.

Plasmapeople used to be able to be vampires, but the rapid oxyloss made it nigh-on impossible.

As much as they need work, other races need more work sooner. Like Skrell for example.

Most attempts to balance things like races (and some other things). Are met with a high degree of salt, then a high degree of drama. I am one under the mindset things can be fixed and balanced. Sadly balance will always lead to people not happy about it.

I can understand this, it's kinda shitty that's the mindset, but understandable, just, if there could be something to it, just PLEASE change something, they need something new, they've just been left kinda dead for so long at this point

They're immune to viruses (more or less) and lack blood (therefore being unable to bleed out).

Maybe make them be slightly more resilient to having their bones broken. Really the main things here should be welding protection on engineering/atmos/ce plasmasuits, as well as tesla/singulo resistance. (Singulo marked by a slightly higher uptick on radiation resistance).

Incidentally, I'm actually of a mind that Plasmamen are a little too powerful in their current state, and this is from someone who does have a consistent Plasmaman character. Having a default, non-negotiable EVA suit with light armor at round start, is incredibly useful - notwithstanding bonuses over a regular EVA softsuit such as: no noticeable encumbrance in pressurized environments, the fact that medical treatments can be applied through the suit, etc.

To be frank, I'd almost go as far as suggest that Plasmamen don't have a unique vulnerability compared to other species: Unlike vox and slimes, plasmamen are still cloneable if medbay is skilled enough, the Plasmaman suit provides protection against diseases and certain chemical gasses, and they don't have a true "Achilles heel" in combat situations - other than the fact that the plasmasuit itself can be removed, which hardly matters as if someone can keep you down for long enough to remove your helmet or airtank, that probably means the player would have died as any other species in the same situation.

Again, I feel like I cannot stress enough how much of a bonus it is to get a lightweight, complimentary EVA suit at round start. When areas of the station are being bombed, a virus is going around, a xenomorph nest has been spotted, or a situation calls for fucking off into space as an antag - or for an officer to go into EVA to chase an antag, every second counts when it comes to distributing EVA suits - and there are never enough hardsuits or softsuits for everyone. Being a plasmaman is like having a VIP pass to survive a vast majority of threats that everyone else on the server is forced to take seriously.

Plasmamen don't need a buff, they need a change...

Right now they are inherently fluff; you pay 100 karma for a permanent and sexy space-suit; a status symbol. Yes you get a working space suit, but they're honestly not hard to come by, and not at all necessary for station life.

So when plasmamen first came out it was like a new fashion trend for those who could afford it, and it was great, like the original iPods!. The 2015 clothing lineup was really stellar.... Back in 2015....

The fact is that now plasmamen are failing as fluff/status symbols for the same reason that bell bottom jeans eventually did; they're no longer cool to look at.

When I play my plasma-man I feel this constantly and it drives me to find ways to re-snowflake myself. Slime chill potion from xenobiology, which allows me to fireproof clothes so that I can take off my space-suit (but be permanently on fire) is the closest I can come to achieving this, but unfortunately being a ball of fire is only hot for so long.

At this stage, the best thing about plasmamen is that you get a working space suit, and the worst thing about them is you always have to wear it

So....

The fix is to change them in such a way that individual plasmamen can either escape the necessity of the suit, or be given some way of customizing the suit they load-out with.

Idea the first: Give plasmamen an optional non-standard plasma-suit, which is translucent, and shows not only some animated gas circulating on the inside of the suit, but also the uniform the plasmeme is wearing underneath. This would be cool in and of itself because of newness and uniqueness, but it also partially solves the problem of stagnant fashion, because now plasmamen can actually show off what they wear underneath their suit.

Idea the second: Make all burn damage to plasmeme occur as oxyloss damage. Unless this would cause some unfixable mega-weakness, this would be a very interesting change. Since plasmapeople emit plasma constantly, it's pretty believable that fire and plasmeme have a unique relationship. The plasma would burn, and as more plasma is emitted from the plasmeme, that would burn too. Since plasmemes breathe plasma, this is going to (via sheer heat transfer through suits), burn up the plasma that is currently being breathed/in their lungs. After they take oxyloss from a burn, they would regenerate that damage in the same way that breathing reduces oxyloss, as new plasma replaces that which was burned away. There is currently no race with burn immunity, and it's not a game breaking mechanic (see atmos suits/slime chill potion/and more). Creating this mechanic would mean (potentially) that plasmemes can get away with experiencing some burn damage, which will allow them to take off their suits for short periods of time and turn their general absolute fear of fire into something interesting. Plasmemes would also be able to "firewalk", which essentially means running into a highly pressurized plasmafire while only taking oxyloss. The only possible OPness i can envision from this could be related to oxyloss medication/prevention via genetics, which would effectively make plasmamen immune to all forms of burn damage (that said, a fire-proof suit and some insulated gloves basically does the same thing).

In the original lore plasmamen were obsessed with fire itself, which seemed natural given that combustion seems to be it's nature. This is why plasmamen should had some sort of fire affinity...

I'm for coming up with a slew of mechanics that could lead to interesting behavior. Maybe we could make plasmamen somehow explosive? If the death of a plasmeme fulfills certain conditions (is in oxygen environment, is on fire) then maybe they could give off a light explosion and create a 3x3 fireball (which would have around a 50-50 chance of stunning a by-stander, which could light them on fire and cause their death). Maybe we can make plasma-pistols, and other raw plasma substances like sheets and dust could be used as medicine for plasmemes (consumable/injectable). I have more ideas but they get crazier and crazier...

Just for my two cents on this, I have seen many Plasmamen die to the toy facehugger removing there helmets. To say the least, that should be fixed.

Plasmamen also die to regular facehuggers because by the time you recover from the facehugger stun, you're well into oxyloss driven unconsciousness, and you lay there until death sans facemask.

Incidentally, I'm actually of a mind that Plasmamen are a little too powerful in their current state, and this is from someone who does have a consistent Plasmaman character. Having a default, non-negotiable EVA suit with light armor at round start, is incredibly useful - notwithstanding bonuses over a regular EVA softsuit such as: no noticeable encumbrance in pressurized environments, the fact that medical treatments can be applied through the suit, etc.

To be frank, I'd almost go as far as suggest that Plasmamen don't have a unique vulnerability compared to other species: Unlike vox and slimes, plasmamen are still cloneable if medbay is skilled enough, the Plasmaman suit provides protection against diseases and certain chemical gasses, and they don't have a true "Achilles heel" in combat situations - other than the fact that the plasmasuit itself can be removed, which hardly matters as if someone can keep you down for long enough to remove your helmet or airtank, that probably means the player would have died as any other species in the same situation.

Again, I feel like I cannot stress enough how much of a bonus it is to get a lightweight, complimentary EVA suit at round start. When areas of the station are being bombed, a virus is going around, a xenomorph nest has been spotted, or a situation calls for fucking off into space as an antag - or for an officer to go into EVA to chase an antag, every second counts when it comes to distributing EVA suits - and there are never enough hardsuits or softsuits for everyone. Being a plasmaman is like having a VIP pass to survive a vast majority of threats that everyone else on the server is forced to take seriously.

It's worth pointing out, in addition to this, they also lack blood and are more resistant to fire than normal races (odd for something so flammable).

Is that customization I hear? Give me ideas, I'll work on the transparent suit this weekend.

LEWD.

LEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD.

Das lewd.

Also you could buff plasmamen by making space actually a lethal thing once again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use