Disguising your voice on comms

alexpkeaton

I've always had a problem with the fact that there can be some serious meta taken from comms. Not only do you recognize anyone's voice, no matter how little they say, you know what channel they say it on (which makes very little sense). If you happen to be standing on top of a syndicate headset, you'd also notice that communications are being intercepted. How does a regular conversation on comms and an intercepted one sound any different? I mean, I suppose they could, but it is a stretch, especially secondhand.

That creates a lot of opportunities to meta the hell out of comms and validhunt off of information gleaned from it. It also stifles opportunities to roleplay as an antag using the comms system. Sure, you can get a voice changer and there are some other ways, but for the most part, speaking can give you away.

Why isn't disguising your voice without equipment a thing? If I were to drop my voice by an octave or so, or otherwise mangle it, people shouldn't be able to recognize my voice purely from audio. And it should be free to do. Some sort of toggle-able setting where you speak as an Unknown, over comms if not in person (as long as you visibly appear as Unknown for the latter, I'd say).

Why isn't disguising your voice without equipment a thing? If I were to drop my voice by an octave or so, or otherwise mangle it, people shouldn't be able to recognize my voice purely from audio. And it should be free to do. Some sort of toggle-able setting where you speak as an Unknown, over comms if not in person (as long as you visibly appear as Unknown for the latter, I'd say).

I'm just imagining every assistant on the station, with the ability to speak, anonymously, on comms.

It would be revolution every round.

It is not directly related to the topic, but would reduce the mentionend problems with the greytiders.

Maybe it is time, we restrict the jobslots for civilians to 15 or something like that.

Instead allow to spawn as a cyborg (maybe 4 extra slots) and/or as NPC or drone. I often see round where the ai has only one to three borgs, and there are over 100 players. I would think it is good if for every 10 "human mobs" one silicon avatar is there.

Would be good :

- more Cleaning Borgs

- maybe more Service Borgs

- Security and Medical support

- reduceing the ammount of greytiders, blowing up the station. Give the Ai a little more helpers (less drama because they are bound to the Silicon Laws)

Maybe the possibility to spawn after roundstart directly as a Posibrain or MMI in robotics (PS: Speak enabled). SO you dont have to spawn a civ go to hop for paperwork then go to robotics and wait.

I dont see reducing civ slots as a solution here, and people dont respawn as drones usually because the station doesnt get blown up very often these days, which makes it less fun to be one. I agree more borgs should be able to arrive, but I doubt that 1/10 people will decide, you know what? I think id rather be a servant to these guys rather then be one of the masters!

It is not directly related to the topic, but would reduce the mentionend problems with the greytiders.

Maybe it is time, we restrict the jobslots for civilians to 15 or something like that.

Instead allow to spawn as a cyborg (maybe 4 extra slots) and/or as NPC or drone. I often see round where the ai has only one to three borgs, and there are over 100 players. I would think it is good if for every 10 "human mobs" one silicon avatar is there.

Would be good :

- more Cleaning Borgs

- maybe more Service Borgs

- Security and Medical support

- reduceing the ammount of greytiders, blowing up the station. Give the Ai a little more helpers (less drama because they are bound to the Silicon Laws)

Maybe the possibility to spawn after roundstart directly as a Posibrain or MMI in robotics (PS: Speak enabled). SO you dont have to spawn a civ go to hop for paperwork then go to robotics and wait.

To me that sounds like far too many borgs, one sec borg is powerful and having an entire ARMY of them would destroy pretty much all antags and make AI traitor objectives too easy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use