Sleeping Carp for Nuclear Operatives?

Ziiro

The current 'meta', if you'd call it that, in WAR is that every person on the station is armed with combat shotguns. With the current population of the server, WAR is suicide 90% of the time. Which is a shame, because it's a lot of fun for everyone!

I think that the Martial Arts scroll being allowed onto their uplink would be an interesting chance to deal with this. However, I am fairly new to the game, so I don't know if it's been a balance issue in the past. Please let me know.

Far as I am aware, having Sleeping Carp active means you cannot use guns. Which would make most of their Uplink be completely useless.

That said... Sleeping Carp + Advanced Hardsuit + Double E-Sword would be... something terrifying.

Perhaps the issue is cargo being able to order combat shotguns.

One shot with a combat shotgun w/ default buckshot on an Elite Hardsuit in combat mode, 36 damage plus bleeding and broken bone.

45 on a Red Hardsuit in combat mode, bleeding and broken bone.

These things get 6 shots by default.

Given that I can fire wildly, hit with only half of my shots and pellets, and /still/ do over a hundred damage is ridiculous beyond belief. Nukies don't need sleeping carp, Combat Shotguns need to be either made less available, made more expensive or removed.

Combat Shotguns cost 20 points at cargo currently.

what about just a buff to the armor that read if it's hit about a shotgun pellets and have it do 80% less damage?

slugs do the same damage.

Operatives shouldn't be immune, or near immune, to each other.

As for the idea OP posted, I don't see a particular issue with it.

no no i was just tossing out numbers and i mean for the slugs that slugs do the same damage without the debuff?

It can be 50% or 10% or any % o.O i'm just tossing numbers.

what about just a buff to the armor that read if it's hit about a shotgun pellets and have it do 80% less damage?

>Immune to ranged attacks

>Double esword so you win all melee combat

surely not OP

I think if we take a step back and consider the overall problem here, we might be able to come up with a better solution.

The problem isn't necessarily that WAR! Nukies need Sleeping Carp, but that WAR! Nukies simply cannot contend with having 20+ combat shotguns pointed at them after they hit the station. Personally, I think this is particularly difficult for nukies due to the prevalence of internal injuries - I've said this dozens of time in the discord and the server's deadchat - when a nukie gets a broken bone, a damaged organ, or internal bleeding, they become a dead man walking. The chances are slim-to-none that they'll have the time to perform surgery. Even if the WAR! Nukies win their first two or three firefights, they inevitably get worn down by attrition from internal injuries.

What I would personally suggest is some sort of Nukie-specific consumable item intended for quickly healing off internal damage or broken bones without surgery - the medgun has a chance of fixing broken bones over long amounts of time, but it doesn't fix organs; the syndicate medical borg's nanomachines can heal brain damage, but again they don't do anything for other organs.

I realize something like this would require additional coding, but I personally would think it to be a good way to address a problem that the Nukies face right now.

Yea, i like that, but what about the heart and lungs?

if they get a hole in their lung then it still only a matter of time they die, same with their heart, that make lose a lot of blood fast.

>Immune to ranged attacks

>Double esword so you win all melee combat

surely not OP

Correct me if I'm wrong but nothing in the kit makes the person immune to stun prod/baton, right?

I mean there's like a chance to deflect, but they're not immune.

yup, you are right but who in the right mind will take a beating while having some other guy taser shot him the in the back and most likely doing to die after words.

Assistants!

On the offchance they win the fight, they get a double e-sword and eternal glory! If they lose? Well. They tried.

You mean greytide? They more worse the nuke ops cuz if they will just kill you in a heartbeat if you try to take/have hand over the the weapons, and even more so maybe set off the nuke if they feel very evil today.... you were not here for the unlisted days, the fucking horrors.........

*Shivers in fear of the unlisted days. *

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use