Things Jonah Bright is no longer allowed to do on Cyberiad

Because I can rip off myself, goddamnit!

1. May no longer open fire on any Head of Security, Warden or Security Officer without at least Captain-level authorization, regardless of how many lives and sane minds it may save;

2. Banana peels are not "absolutely certain incriminating evidence" against Clowns, and I should remember my Clowndom Sensitivity Training classes;

3. May not trick any Cargo personnel into providing lethal .357 rounds;

3a. Exception is made during any large-scale assault on the station, provided I return the casings afterwards;

4. Cult of Nar-Sie materials may not be auctioned off to the highest bidder;

4a. Doubly so if NanoTrasen sees none of the profits;

5. May not engage in a "coat-off" with the Blueshield;

6. My hat does not grant me "+3 Style", and I should not try to prove it is better than the Captain Hat;

6a. Even if it is;

7. May not use my forensic scanner to prove the Bartender is watering down their drinks, regardless of how justified I am;

8. May not shove the Blueshield down disposals for coming into my office unannounced;

9. I am required to present full reports on my forensic investigations, not post-its saying "X totes did it, I swear";

10. Any jokes related to "Jonah Dark" are expressly forbidden, under penalty of hat removal;

11. Regardless of how much people seem to like it, no fraternizing during work hours;

11a. Even if people say it is fine;

11b. Especially if people say it is fine;

12. Even if I have access to it, may no longer walk into Medbay without informing the medical staff;

13. Corpses do not make good lighters, regardless of how flammable they may be;

14. I am issued a Zippo Lighter for a reason, and should not, under any circumstance, be using a welder as a substitute;

14a. Even if it wins me a thousand credits in a bet;

15. May not make necklaces out of vampire teeth;

16. May not request a "Changeling Eye Transplant" because I want to have thermal vision;

17. May not default to accusing the Mime of any crime I have no leads on;

18. I am issued a shoulder holster for a reason, and holding sandwiches is not it;

19. May not refer to the Brig Physician as "Lead Harmbaton Band-Aid";

19a. Even if they find it funny;

20. The Research Director is not to be considered immediately guilty of any explosion I happen to hear;

21. Active stunbatons do not make good backscratchers, and I should not be telling new Officers that;

21a. I am, however, to report any Officers who fall for this to the Head of Security;

22. May not refer to anyone in Security as a "Sec Monkey";

22a. May not refer to them as a "Sec Chimpanzee" either;

22b. Or any other simian appellation;

23. "Seven and a half pints of the black stuff" is not proper procedure for three gunshot wounds to the chest;

24. May not twirl my revolver in between my fingers to "look cool as shit";

25. May not alter the Security Records in order to "make that Warden go away"

9. I am required to present full reports on my forensic investigations, not post-its saying "X totes did it, I swear";

Says the one man that actually presents full reports.

• 2 weeks later...

26. May not scribble words on the side of my revolver and then start calling it those names;

27. May not requisition higher caliber weaponry because "the clown is exceptionally annoying today.";

27a. May not replace "clown" with any member of Security or Command, regardless of how true it may be;

28. I do not have access to the Bridge, regardless of how relevant my portfolios may be;

29. May not weave further Kevlar into my assigned coat;

30. Just because I can drink the Bartender under the table, does not mean I should;

31. The Coroner is my best friend, not "the weird corpse guy";

32. May not mock any Vox accent;

32a. May not refer to Vox as "chickens", "space roosters" or "bipedal turkeys" either;

33. "Get an empty jug" is not an appropriate response when being informed of a Slime Person murder;

34. May not use Vulpkanin personnel as impromptu K-9 units;

34a. Even if they suggest it and bring their own leash;

35. May not use Tajaran personnel as night vision devices either;

36. May not request a "triple ration of the best cigs in the whole fucking universe" from Cargo;

37. Ian is not a hat rest;

37a. Neither is Araneus, even if it looks adorable;

38. May not refuse to investigate a break-in of the Clown Office on account of it belonging to the Clown;

39. May not have a "hat-off" with the Mime;

40. "TLC" is, oddly enough, not in the job description of the Brig Physician;

41. May not dare the Warden to put on the entire Armory;

42. Even if company policy allows it, may not turn on my Noir Glasses and then proceed to narrate everything in the third-person;

42a. May not do the same with the Noir Glasses turned off;

43. My Agreeable Glasses have a single use for a reason, and I should not have Robotics remove the limiter for the sake of making shitty puns;

44. May not taunt Kida Officers with Flashes;

44a. May not make moth jokes with flashlights either;

45. May not give prisoners candy;

46. The Permabrig should not be used for "Ultimate B-Ball Showdowns";

47. May not refer the Psychologist for arrest on account of being "criminally insane";

47a. Even if it happens to be perfectly true;

48. May not add "Potentially Dangerous" on the Sec Records of every Research Director I see;

49. The AI is not my sidekick;

49a. Even if they want to be;

49b. Especially if they want to be;

50. I may no longer play Clue with the Librarian in the Kitchen

30. Just because I can drink the Bartender under the table, does not mean I should;

:eyes:?

Most bartenders and Detectives can drink like there's no tomorrow. [spoiler2]unless you're a skrell. ;w;[/spoiler2]

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use