Please unlist

Doukan

Same griffins round after round, glut of players who think it's alright to run around like it's grief station because "it's mid rp", the likes of dan danger and moon man...

This crap just doesn't happen when the server is off the hub, round quality is rapidly going down the shitter.

I agree with Doukan on this one. It should be listed for a few days at a time, to attract new players. But, now, after all this grief, greytide and internal pain, I think that if it stays listed a bit longer, many of the regulars will be tempted to leave, at least for a while. Many people just cannot stand the level of grief the new players bring to the server, also, if they really want to stay at our server, when it goes unlisted, they will go through the little effort needed to google 'Paradise SS13' and find our forums, learn a bit more about the game, and get accepted as a member of the community. If they don't want to do that, they probably play only for the grief, and they're not worth listing for. That's my 2 cents, judge it as you see fit.

Edited by Guest

It's ridiculously easy to find out server by means other than the hub, we're just allowing bored shitty Naruto/DBZ BYOND game "roleplayers" to click our join button because it's the first thing they see if they click the SS13 game which is really one of the if not the most populated game of the hub.

I'm with Crazy and Doukan on this

You can help, report the shitters.

I'm quilty of forgetting to mention that when we are handling the case so it might seem we are sometimes doing jack shit.

If I wasn't as graphically skilled as a toddler, I would make a shitty propaganda poster in the spirit of uncle sam

too bad no admins listen during listed, well that or they're swarmed because it's only one or two online at once and 100+ shitters

I don't have the intention of staying listed forever. I've delisted for over the weekend as it is. We were listed a bit longer than usual due to me being busy IRL.

New players are fine and all, but some of them are... oh god...

Was miner one round, shuttle had arrived and i had 50 units of gold on me cause science didn't want em "Cause ye just wanna buy weapons for gold" (dafuck mate? I ask for a better accelerator and ye think im bribing ye with gold...)

Anyway, back to the story, so a shuttle docked and i thought i would fancy up airlocks and made gold mineral doors. All fine, everyone got in and i take a seat. Then... out of nowhere a fucking cargo tech runs up to me and starts hatcheting me. I run to sec wing and yell help, he gets tased and yells "Miner wanted to kill us all!" Was like da fug and he recovered from the tase. Takes out an screwdriver and tries to stab me in the eyes... sec tase again and cuff. He screams bloody murder once again "MINER WANTED THE SHUTTLE FOR HIMSELF! HE BLOCKED AIRLOCKS WITH GOLD!"

ME SIGHS....

EDIT: Another great story

Thought i would try to be warden while we are listed. NEVER AGAIN!

Round started without HoS so i run to the HoP to get acting HoS. All good, new face as HoP... hope to my self he doesnt fuck up anything.

Round goes along, few shitlers here and few there. Clown threatened to kill me for giving him 15 minutes for Mayor trespass "Itz Onli 4 Minnus Wherez Is Plais beforz"... welp

It was nearing the end and i was acting HoS the whole round. Me and Eli (FlattestGuitar) investigating few sensitive items he found and then runs up some chucklefuck in a yellow jumpsuit and demands something.. first im like who the fuck are you?... Examine him and see job title "High Templar" (!?!?!?!?!?!) Ask who the fuck he is ( lot of swearing... kindergarden management simulator was eating up my nerves)..

He stand proud and says he is the Warden... since i was the acting HoS i was supposted to atleast be informed that new warden is coming or even be consulted by the HoP if i even need one. After arguing with him, he doesn't get in uniform and stays as warden in yellow jumpsuit ( random civ was promoted warden (WTF)). HoP does not answer, no captain and i got so angry, that i shot my self with a taser infront of Eli and "High Templar".

Later found out that HoP made himself captain, the went into cryo with all of captain sensitive stuff (nuke disk etc.) Cause later Tripp the real captain showed up and could not find his stuff anywhere.

... WHO THE FUCK PROMOTES A CIV TO A WARDEN AND GIVES HIM A TITLE OF "HIGH FUCKING TEMPLAR" WITHOUT CONSENT OF THE HOS! REALLY

Later he wanted to replace me as HoS cause quote ,i was unfit for duty for yelling at him, end quote.

FUCKING LISTED DAYS MAN.. IM MAD JUST WRITING THIS!

The irony of a player who thinks it's funny to run around blowing up stuff with welding tanks as a non-antag because !!FUN!! coming on here to complain about the quality of players who show up while we're listed is delicious.

I'm all for us listing once in a while for maybe a day or two at a time. Dealing with shitters is a small price to pay to bring in new, worthwhile players. I never would have found Paradise if it hadn't been listed when I was new to the game. Now it's my home.

Dealing with shitters is a small price to pay to bring in new, worthwhile players. I never would have found Paradise if it hadn't been listed when I was new to the game. Now it's my home.

There is truth in that... i sticked with Paradise cause of no lag and it was well developed. I was going thru the list after a year of pause looking for the server i once was on. Stumbled across Paradise instead of the server i was looking for (yogstation).

The irony of a player who thinks it's funny to run around blowing up stuff with welding tanks as a non-antag because !!FUN!! coming on here to complain about the quality of players who show up while we're listed is delicious.

Hey it's only real !!FUN!! if it involves confetti and banana peels.

Looks like we're off the hub anyway, praise be!

So:

1) IMHO, we should be permanently listed. "The same griffins round after round" is grounds for an ahelp, not delisting.

2) If we're struggling with being listed, IMHO one of the first things we should consider is tying job unlocks to # of rounds played here on Paradise, not just "days since BYOND account registered". That way everyone new to our server has a chance to learn how we do things before taking positions of responsibility, and true griffins are limited in the damage they can do in a short period of time.

3) Again, please ahelp it if someone is being terrible. This includes being a griffin, but it also includes simply performing terribly in a sec or command role. We do care.

If you would make thet "rounds played in Paradise" please make a posibility to lift some of that "warm-ups" manually. Because some experienced people could migrate from other servers and be locked out from most of the jobs for prolonged time. It should be possibility to prove current admin that you know what to do with job and play it right now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use