[QoL] Special Role Settings tied to Character Slot

Yinseng

Wait what it isn't? I swear it's already like this...

It got changed at some point I believe. Forgot when it happened, might have been a consequence of the Character Preferences changes.

I definitely recently had a situation where I ended up as a changeling while playing my character that was supposed to have all secret antag roles turned off. Thankfully Tully removed it when ahelped about it. It definitely seems like Game Prefs are tied to the ckey and not the character slot.

I definitely recently had a situation where I ended up as a changeling while playing my character that was supposed to have all secret antag roles turned off. Thankfully Tully removed it when ahelped about it. It definitely seems like Game Prefs are tied to the ckey and not the character slot.

Not entirely, could have just been a case where everyone else had the setting turned off.

Unless Tigercat's antag system changed it, it just pulls from random people at that point.

Not entirely, could have just been a case where everyone else had the setting turned off.

Unless Tigercat's antag system changed it, it just pulls from random people at that point.

That doesn't sound right. It shouldn't pull random people who have it disabled, what would be the point of having preference settings then?

I think it used to be tied to characters but it definitely isn't anymore and that's a shame. It's a little annoying to have to constantly check antag preferences when switching characters. It isn't fair to people who actually want to be those antags or to people who have characters who they feel wouldn't be suited to particular antag roles. It's easy enough to confirm this by setting everything to 'no' on one character slot then switching to another, setting one thing to yes and then switching back to the character with nothing enabled.

I totally support it being individual settings per character slot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use