Lock boxes 2 electric boogaloo

pipextiny

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a valid reason to have guns, HoS or Capt will open the box. If you don't, you don't get gun. If you're an antag syndicate with enough points, emag it. I see no negatives.

Ok back to the point of this post in the first place... I was not trying to start a discussion about if we should or should not have lock boxes (Hint: they may be shit but we gotta have something inplace to keep shitters away) I was trying to say that if you put some things that science should not have access too in a lock box why not do it with all the items science should not have access too? ( sec huds, traitor implants, mech guns) but you can feel free to talk about a replacement or alternative the boxes

Ok back to the point of this post in the first place... I was not trying to start a discussion about if we should or should not have lock boxes (Hint: they may be shit but we gotta have something inplace to keep shitters away) I was trying to say that if you put some things that science should not have access too in a lock box why not do it with all the items science should not have access too? ( sec huds, traitor implants, mech guns) but you can feel free to talk about a replacement or alternative the boxes

After hearing people bitch and whine about "science is too strong" and "science abuses their toys" and "scientists shouldn't have access to implants," I made a suggestion to put the implants in lockboxes. It went opposed by a certain someone, then the rest of the thread went slightly off topic. It was the same point you're making now. Good luck with getting this anywhere.

you don't need to hide a mech

you're inside a fucking mech with LMGS and a missile rack

lol.

Also, I wouldn't mind this so long as the RD could unlock all the robotics shit. It works fine now, no need to bring in the fucking HOS all the way to the opposite side of the station to unlock a few things throughout the round.

To the quote chain above, I would merely like to point out that non-Traitor antags have access to a wide selection of powers and abilities that, frankly, make wanting guns almost be silly.

Hell, the Changeling can literally tell stuns to fuck off while carrying an Armblade around, just to name one of many, many, many possible examples.

Traitors, on the other hand, are regular crewmembers with 20 TCs worth of whatever the hell they can scrounge up. Big difference.

• 11 months later...

>>>Nope, they're ID-locked to Armory access, but an emag will get them open. Nothing else works. I would honestly be in favor of allowing other means to open them. Emitter, EMP, that sort of stuff.

Yup, they're more secure than anything in-game; vault, crates, safe... only the HOS/warden/captain can open them short of a traitor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use