Give Le QM a pet.

sdtwbaj

I know NTSAM just suggested this, but I want to reopen it as I feel NTSAM didn't adequately fight for it.

As an avid QM player, I spend a lot of time in Cargonia, usually alone or with one other antisocial cargo tech. I'd love a pet to mess around with, help pass the time a bit easier.

On the topic of it being a "charm" or "head item" see:

E-N

Pun Pun

Goat

None of those belong to heads, but rather to immobile departments that usually work in one area. That sounds a lot like the QM, or cargo in general, right?

C'mon.

Here's an even better idea

Code and sprite it yourself, and make a PR for it

What's the point in making a suggestion if you just get told to do it yourself in a rude manner.

Not everyone is a spriting/ coding genius.

And there isn't even a solid idea of what pet they want, just the idea that they should have one.

Hence they're asking other people for... well, suggestions. In the suggestions subforum.

Nobody's even necessarily asking for anything to be sprited. Lizards, pugs, butterflies, even reindeer are already sprited in. The code exists for pets to spawn in certain locations. It probably takes anyone who has a knowledge of the code five minutes to copy any pet's code, change the location to QM office, change the sprite to (for example) lizard, and change the name from the pet copied to whatever (Iggy, for the lizard example). Not everyone knows how to do this, but it really doesn't seem like a huge inconvenience or task at all.

If you like I could just make a hamster, and anybody with code knowledge who wants a QM pet could port basically just a re-sprited version of a small animal such as a mouse or lizard if you guys want a hamster.

If you want a gold-grub just get one from Mining I say. That would require work for it. Otherwise as a pet it would need to be something already domesticated.

Still up for a lizard or iguana resprite.

If you want a gold-grub just get one from Mining I say. That would require work for it. Otherwise as a pet it would need to be something already domesticated.

Still up for a lizard or iguana resprite.

Seems too small. I want a pet that has a presence, something to play with instead of twiddling an iguana.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we have enough pets as it is.

The additions of Detective Sax and Sergeant Araneus were already superfluous in my opinion.

The gimmick of having a pet is cheapened by the fact that they are becoming replete across the station.

That being said, if we do give the QM a pet, I agree a hamster would suit them nicely.

Edited by Guest

Detective sax is a donator item though

Phantasmic paid for a whistle that spawns a corgi in a det hat named "Sax" I believe

Detective sax is a donator item though

Phantasmic paid for a whistle that spawns a corgi in a det hat named "Sax" I believe

Oh, didn't know that. I've seen Sax around so often, I just assumed he was the detective's pet.

Detective Sax is my little fluff item. ^ -^

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use