Remove hunger system

NTSAM

The Hunger system exists only to be a bitch in the side of everyone because kek food. I don't know about you but I don't start groaning and slugging along due to starvation in the span of two hours.

I recommend stripping it and adding different mechanics to Nutrition. I have some ideas:

1) Make nutrition slightly help out your disease resistance because immune system stuff. (Don't make them replace vaccines, just give it like the slightest bonus.)

2) Make nutrition help your healing rate by a tiny bit. (Again. Of course don't make them The Magnificent Medbay Replacement, this stuff only helps bruises and small burns, maybe.)

3) Make nutrition slightly speed you up while it's in your body. (As in just make them a step or two faster than Bobtide so they can't whirl by but can sprint up for some 15-20 seconds.)

Even if these advantages would have be tiny af, keep in mind most bar drinks do absolutely jack shit (In fact, they harm more than they help) and people drink them all the time, so refrain from using "But then there's absolutely no reason to have food in the code!! D:" because by that logic we should just nuke the bar and drink machines from everything.

If you have any other ideas please list them below.

Except for point 1

- Nutrition already helps you heal in certain cases.

- Point 3 is void by the fact that it wouldn't change anything. Eating to become faster than others is the same as eating to not become slower than others.

And trust me I know we don't go for realism but I don't think drinking should become a healthy thing to do. Besides, drinks like tea do do beneficial stuff.

I never said that we should touch drinking, I said that if Hunger is made to do nothing it'd just be one of those elements like drinking where you just do it to do it. (And if you do it too much, you often get fucked over.) And some foods, iirc, have their own effects as well, also like drinks.

And the boost duration I had in mind was pretty small and slow/

do do

I'm so mature. :)

I think the hunger system is fine as it is. Don't give it any changes, just modify things around it like the food and drinks themselves. Those don't even need any edits I want to say but I wouldn't know for that case

The bar is already redundant, but people use it anyway.

OBJECTION!

As a slime person that drinks 1000u of non-alcoholic liquids at a minimum per shift, i can confirm that they do give nutrition and i will never need to visit a vending machine again for the rest of the round if i manage to drink around 600u, provided nobody hits me with lipolicide.

A for effort, NTSAM. I don't think this pull of Suggestions slots hit the jackpot, though.

I don't like dunking on suggestions because I have enough bad ideas as it is.

But it makes that rare good idea all the sweeter.

I don't see a reason to remove nutrition. If anything, it should be expanded, not reduced.

Nutritional reagents (protein, plant-matter, nutriment) all have chances to heal damage when metabolized, so eating is beneficial for more than just keeping speed up.

If we removed hunger, there would be pretty much zero need for half the vendors or the chef role outside of pure roleplay. And based on the average time someone signs up and actually plays as a librarian or psychiatrist, high/pure roleplay positions tend to be only taken by those who are unaware of the role or intend to completely ignore it anyways. Obviously this is not always the case, but the vast majority of the time it is. Chef would join the ranks of librarians in terms of a role that can produce something that is entirely unnecessary for operation should hunger be removed. Botanists would see a hit to their usefulness, but they would manage to remain relevant due to their ability to produce chemicals and other resources.

A more meaningful hunger system would make the chef a more contributing role, but then comes the careful balancing act of making sure he doesn't become a VITAL role.

A more meaningful hunger system would make the chef a more contributing role, but then comes the careful balancing act of making sure he doesn't become a VITAL role.

Why shouldn't the chef become a vital role? Eating food is one of the most vital things I can think of. I agree that the hunger system is too insignificant as is, but expanding it would be a good alternative to removing it. Granted the admins and coders can do neither :/

Why shouldn't the chef become a vital role? Eating food is one of the most vital things I can think of. I agree that the hunger system is too insignificant as is, but expanding it would be a good alternative to removing it. Granted the admins and coders can do neither :/

Certainly vending machines would leave out the possibility of starvation. But if the more difficult chef recipes gave you buffs, that'd be pretty cool.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use