Make it possible for IPCs to pour stuff inside them.

FlattestGuitar

Considering you can use a dropper to 'feed' an IPC a liquid I don't see why it's impossible to just pour something from a glass.

All the reagents already have the proper flags for whether they can be metabolized by IPCs or not and at least pretending to get drunk as a qt robot would be fun.

Also, we could totally have proper IPC alcohol if this was implemented.

"you pour a bit of liquid from the *glass of whiskey* into your connection port"

Or at least give IPCs some other method to take in reagents, an eyedropper makes just enough sense as plain drinking does anyway (IPCs don't have eyes for them to squirt stuff on, and the closest thing is hidden behind a hard glass screen.)

also if we're going with ports how dare you not use "induction port" for subtle-ish reference reasons

Someone already had the idea to make a new synthetic race that got power the way Bender did.

Not drinking alcohol making him drunk and all...

Also, dibs on coding this because I have a basic idea of how that would work and I don't want to be non-coder trash.

This was removed for balance reasons.

Notably IPC's being walking reagent containers and mixing gibsmoke reactions inside themselves/bombs/etc and other people being literally incapable of discovering it.

You could also, as an IPC store up to 280 units of a beneficial chem and be a walking medbay.

Wait really? I was getting excited already...

I'm pretty sure it's still easy to do if you just have two beakers though. It's not like it makes a lot of difference whether it's in your backpack or abdomen.

Now you can't extract mats from IPCs due to the robotic limbs and syringe stuff so the medbay part is butt.

And if people want to be a robomb they can still do so with an eyedropper or like Flattest said some beakers.

Only thing I can see that'd be bad with this is people drinking all their traitor chems, but you can still do this with an eyedropper, just in fun-sized chunks, but whatever.

I mean, I think it'd make the most sense as a form of robotic augmentation - providing power from ethanol, but I'll wait on Fethas to finish the organ rework before I bring that into play.

Now that IPCs slowly remove chemicals from their body, thanks to them being set to process reagents and get the effects from synthetic reagents, there's no fear of bluespace beaker IPCs anymore than there is for humans. I'm all for an easier way to input chemicals into IPCs.

I mean, I think it'd make the most sense as a form of robotic augmentation - providing power from ethanol, but I'll wait on Fethas to finish the organ rework before I bring that into play.

Could be a replacement liver, something like a small ethanol-fueled generator that converts the reagent into nutrition. Wouldn't make much sense for an organic to utilize, but perhaps you can bullshit that with some hand-waving science.

I'd only be for this if it was equally possible to force chemicals into an IPC, such as force feeding.

Why the hell wouldn't it be? Although I don't think they should be able to eat. Drinks tho

Also, as for organics having liver stuff, why not let them regain nutrition by drinking as well as having an increased alcohol tolerance? Something something fermentation something food.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use