Video Blackjack Machines

alexpkeaton

Blackjack has become pretty popular as of late aboard the station.

Since we have slot machines, and the trend is going toward a ticketed/more comprehensive/more robust arcade system, why not add video blackjack? I imagine some general code exists (not in SS13) in a similar coding language that would be able to be ported with moderate difficulty that would simulate the game.

If not using credits, perhaps an exchange system from credits to tickets could be determined, and then bet tickets.

Thoughts?

I would like to point out that I did a few matches one night (completely out of the blue), followed apparently by nickcrazy after seeing my second setup, whom got another admin to play, and then it kicked off from there with people trying to do different variants. Ace_McLazer can attest to this.

Edited by Guest

holy shit that's right. We played poker and stuff with a wiz xD that was fantastic i totally almost forgot about that. That round was pretty unremarkable for everyone not involved with your shenanigans. Fun for everyone kind of shenanigans, mind. but second longest wiz round i can remember. I remember losing alot of money to Theodore LOL.

holy shit that's right. We played poker and stuff with a wiz xD that was fantastic i totally almost forgot about that. That round was pretty unremarkable for everyone not involved with your shenanigans. Fun for everyone kind of shenanigans, mind. but second longest wiz round i can remember. I remember losing alot of money to Theodore LOL.

Except for that poor, poor Botanist I gibbed.

i love you kero

This would be interesting to see, but ultimately without persistent econ (which I'm in support of irrespective of whether nor not certain admins didn't like it) I'm not sure how much use you'd actually get out of it.

Part of the appeal of the present card system and having a dealer is interacting with another person.

The appeal of video slots would be less on interaction, and more on winning money (which is unfortunately meaningless presently. :c)

Except for that poor, poor Botanist I gibbed.

i love you kero

Believe me I was less salty about being gibbed than I was about the bluespace tomato not getting you the hell away from me. Also the sheer level of incompetence that led to me not being cloned.

Security officers and the HoP just ignored a gibbed body. The Janitor came in and flushed my body parts down the disposal. The two cargo techs on shift who found my body were new and had no idea what to do, plus their headsets weren't working due to an EMP from the revenant and they had no idea how to fix them.

So frustrating. :P

This seems rather plausible as a new game machine. I've coded blackjack in java before (at the time I wasn't very good with stacks though, so it used an infinite deck rather than a finite number of cards), so I definitely know it is possible to do this.

I'll look into it a bit down the line once I finish up my current project(s).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use