Medical Job SOP --- Complete!

TullyBBurnalot

As a coroner, I already take any and all ID's from the bodies and take them to the HoP to be terminated.

The issue here is 90% of medical staff don't understand what an uncloneable body is (people assume husks/skeletons are uncloneable without any further thought), and most of those ID's will probably be wrongfully terminated.

This would also cause problems for people terminating ID's for plasmapeople, Vox, Slime People, and IPC's who end up in the morgue (yet never should).

There's too many caveats, so it's probably safer left out of SoP.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way I see an ID should be removed from a body in the morgue is during Red Alert.

Also something just occurred in the last shift I was in: Someone had posted the medical records of someone right in the bar.

I don't know how NT respects record policies but to just tape someones medical records for public viewing without consent is just wrong.

We should probably include something about keeping medical records private.

I feel like while the medical and security records don't have any real bearing on what happens in-game it should still be considered a minor crime to spread them publicly. That's something for Space Law though, not SOP.

It just occurred to me that the Coroners should probably do something with the unclonable dead's belongings. It's surprisingly easy to steal identification cards off of corpses.

Maybe some sort of rule that states that the Coroners are to return the ID's of any uncloneable bodies to the HoP, or if need be, CMO? And maybe they'll need to ensure that any job specific equipment that corpses have be returned to their department?

Hell, I don't think this rule will be followed all that often, but it makes sense to BE there.

Half the time when a body ends up being morgued, the face is fucked up.

Unless the body bag is properly labelled (LOL NOPE) taking away the ID's is gonna result in a lot of john does.

It's not as if they're not them anymore, though maybe something under "disrespecting the dead" about not nicking IDs would be nice, if anything making stripping the IDs mandatory would result in more theft as people would have an excuse (I'm just taking them down to the HoP, honest).

It just occurred to me that the Coroners should probably do something with the unclonable dead's belongings. It's surprisingly easy to steal identification cards off of corpses.

Maybe some sort of rule that states that the Coroners are to return the ID's of any uncloneable bodies to the HoP, or if need be, CMO? And maybe they'll need to ensure that any job specific equipment that corpses have be returned to their department?

Hell, I don't think this rule will be followed all that often, but it makes sense to BE there.

Half the time when a body ends up being morgued, the face is fucked up.

Unless the body bag is properly labelled (LOL NOPE) taking away the ID's is gonna result in a lot of john does.

It's not as if they're not them anymore, though maybe something under "disrespecting the dead" about not nicking IDs would be nice, if anything making stripping the IDs mandatory would result in more theft as people would have an excuse (I'm just taking them down to the HoP, honest).

Just to clarify, this isn't an issue of keeping medical records in check, nor is it an issue of respecting the dead's privacy.

Identification cards open doors. It's easy to take them off of bodies in the morgue if you're a doctor and you decided that, say, Toxins was a nice place to visit. Or maybe the engine room. You leave bodies with ID's in the morgue, and now any doctor can steal their ID and go into places that they shouldn't be in.

And yes, as Shadey mentioned...

The issue here is 90% of medical staff don't understand what an uncloneable body is (people assume husks/skeletons are uncloneable without any further thought), and most of those ID's will probably be wrongfully terminated.

But hell, I don't find that as a proper excuse to leave the ID's just lying around. If anything, this may give people reason to actually take the time and figure out if a body is uncloneable or not under certain circumstances.

I still feel like this needs to be addressed.

Added:

The Coroner must ensure that every ID from unclonable bodies kept in safe location, or delivered to the relevant Head of Staff. This applies to any Medbay personnel placing a body in the Morgue

To Coroner SOP.

Added:

The Coroner must ensure that every ID from unclonable bodies kept in safe location, or delivered to the relevant Head of Staff. This applies to any Medbay personnel placing a body in the Morgue

To Coroner SOP.

They should all be returned to the HoP for termination. The other heads can't do anything with them anyway.

And a "safe location" just invites abuse by antag doctors who will feign innocence when caught with 7 IDs in their backpack ... "But Officer, I figured my backpack was a 'safe location' for the IDs! Don't you know SoP? Shitcurity!"

Also, I think this should apply to all bodies in morgue trays. If they end up being cloned, they can report to the HoP for a new ID.

They should all be returned to the HoP for termination. The other heads can't do anything with them anyway.

And a "safe location" just invites abuse by antag doctors who will feign innocence when caught with 7 IDs in their backpack ... "But Officer, I figured my backpack was a 'safe location' for the IDs! Don't you know SoP? Shitcurity!"

Also, I think this should apply to all bodies in morgue trays. If they end up being cloned, they can report to the HoP for a new ID.

Lore wise, I'm pretty sure they get cloned again at some point after the mess is cleaned up.

With death not being too much an issue IC and OOC, death should not equal being terminated.

They aren't to be used by the Heads, the point is to keep them away from easy access.

Only a security recruit would likely fall for that backpack shenanigan and the person likely arrested already for trespassing.

They should be stored in either Captain/HoP/CMO office.

If someone breaks into either Captains or HoP office than the IDs become nearly moot.

To steal from the CMO office would be hard without being caught what with being directly in the center of medical.

Edited by Guest

Changed:

To:

The Coroner must ensure that every ID from unclonable bodies is delivered to either the relevant Head of Staff, or the Head of Personnel. This applies to any Medbay personnel placing a body in the Morgue