Bring back Customs 2560.

Arthur_Dayne

I never played on Paradise (or any server for that matter) that had a customs office. I imagine that it's pretty much what it sounds like. Does the customs officer have the ability to deny a person entry? If so that's a pretty iffy thing for a player to be able to do on a whim.

I feel like the few times you'd get someone coming in who RPs the customs experience with you would be far far outweighed by the number of people who just want to get on with their game and will bitch out anyone who attempts to get in their way.

To give my actual opinion; I'd be fine with this if we had a higher roleplay setting.

But honestly, this just ends up with both sides feeling like they want to rip each other's throat out.

I remember people breaking customs, custom officers being shitheads and denying access to specific people, et cetera.

As much as I want it back... it just wouldn't work out.

I once remember a round where there were a lot of fresh arrivals coming through, and I was keeping up with them as best as I could.

SOMEONE that I'll refrain from listing decided it was a FANTASTIC idea to break the customs area windows. They were dealt with. I called for engineering to fix the damn window several times, but nope, they didn't.

Eventually an ERT is called, and they start coming through customs (And of course I let them through.). One of the idiots managed to electrocute themselves. An engineering ERT member, no less. They screamed and yelled at me, but eventually left and continued.

Later, at departures, the same ERT member wanders up to me and tries to randomly arrest me.

He had a nice trip back to CentComm in the shuttle brig.

[spoiler2]That said, I want that X-ray machine put back on the map somewhere.[/spoiler2]

Edited by Guest

I never even got to see the customs things, but maybe having a reverse customs for the escape shuttle on transfer scenarios, like airport screening with the xrays and stuff [spoiler2]who am i kidding this would never work[/spoiler2]

Uh.

No.

This wasn't removed because the administration/maintainers arbitrarily decided to remove it.

This was removed because everyone hated it and petitioned specifically to have it removed.

Customs basically allows someone who's spent a bit of karma to arbitrarily deny you from taking part in the round simply because you didn't join prior to the round starting. It's over the top and completely unnecessary.

Customs basically allows someone who's spent a bit of karma to arbitrarily deny you from taking part in the round simply because you didn't join prior to the round starting. It's over the top and completely unnecessary.

I liked volunteering as a customs bouncer, aiding the officer in dealing with the insubordinate elements.

Granted, that was just an excuse to beat people up!

Not going to ever happen.

No, denied.

This was removed because the job was essentially this:

Pay karma to intentionally inconvenience/frustrate people.

The job served no mechanical purpose, and it forced RP on people, unlike some other other RP jobs (like librarian/bartender/chaplain/etc). You ended up having to wait, to get to do your job, just because someone paid karma. During high-pop rounds, this would be incredibly frustrating, as wait times (even if everyone doesn't make a fuss) are going to be high (5+ minutes)----if someone wants to make a fuss, then wait times are going to be 10+ minutes.

The concept for the job is just plain bad.

3389277-rejected-rubber-stamp-vector-illustration.jpg

, but maybe having a reverse customs for the escape shuttle on transfer scenarios, like airport screening with the xrays and stuff ]

Then we might consider the above Idea. Whereas a security checkpoint on the way into the round is silly, a checkpoint on the way out will help security weed out last-minute scumbags and traitor-potaters.

, but maybe having a reverse customs for the escape shuttle on transfer scenarios, like airport screening with the xrays and stuff ]

Then we might consider the above Idea. Whereas a security checkpoint on the way into the round is silly, a checkpoint on the way out will help security weed out last-minute scumbags and traitor-potaters.

An exit checkpoint more or less guarantees that any traitor with a theft objective gets caught, and gives a great opportunity for last-minute validing.

You're literally proposing that traitors who are discreet and make their way to the shuttle without being arrested should be caught, and forfeit their objectives for the implementation of something that just wastes people's time and frustrates them so a infinitesimally small (but seemingly vocal) minority of players can have fun at everyone else expense.

Why would you want this?