Antag Reminders

Shadeykins

Basically the idea behind this is that if you're an antag and haven't spent any of your TC (maybe because you missed the message) you get pinged with a reminder that yes, you are an antag 30 minutes in (and subsequently every other 30 minutes that you haven't spent any TC).

There's a fair amount of traitor rounds where 2-4 of the traitors have accomplished 0 objectives, and have spent 0 TC (Likely because they're not aware they're tators).

This would hopefully help alleviate this, and get antags back on task.

I think it's more often the case that the person gets picked as a traitor at the start of the round and just decides they don't feel like pursuing their objectives. This might be because they got a particularly difficult objective (I'm a Cargo Tech and I have to kill the HoS!?) or they're just not feeling antag-ish that round.

While I haven't really seen round-end antag lists that show 0 items purchased very often I swear that when it does happen it's usually someone who's well-known around the server and should know exactly what they're doing and how to achieve their objectives without too much fuss.

I think it's more often the case that the person gets picked as a traitor at the start of the round and just decides they don't feel like pursuing their objectives. This might be because they got a particularly difficult objective (I'm a Cargo Tech and I have to kill the HoS!?) or they're just not feeling antag-ish that round.

While I haven't really seen round-end antag lists that show 0 items purchased very often I swear that when it does happen it's usually someone who's well-known around the server and should know exactly what they're doing and how to achieve their objectives without too much fuss.

If you don't feel like being an antag, ahelp it and give it up.

If you don't feel like playing antag in general, there's preferences for that (which are disabled initially, to boot)

This isn't a rule, by any stretch; if people want to be antags and not do much of anything, then they reserve that right to. I know a good many people actively refuse to do specific types of objectives---and some will only antag if they get a particular objective, as well. Likewise, people change their minds; maybe they weren't initially interested in going for their particular objective, but changed their mind, later on.

Three different issues here:

1) Antags not realizing they're antags.

The best way to solve this would probably be a special antag sound effect that plays, say, 30 seconds into the round. And/or a reminder text message 5 minutes in, in case they missed the original message in the chat box.

2) Antags not liking their objectives.

Perhaps we could add a "reroll objectives" button?

Better someone get new objectives than do nothing because they feel their objectives are impossible.

3) Antags not wanting to be antags.

Perhaps a reminder at round start that "If you do not wish to be an antag this round, ahelp it and we'll give it to someone else instead".

Or even better, a way to drop antag status and have it automatically transferred to someone else? Say, via a "Drop-antag" verb?

Only usable for the first 5 minutes of the round, and so long as you have not used any TC. (If you have used TC, it may remove the items, and/or the new antag always gets killing you as an objective)

Heck, it could spawn a 'syndicate beacon', an object that turns whoever uses it into a traitor. Make it anchored, too, so sec can't just hide it. That way you could be reasonably confident that whoever DOES find/use it would like to be an antag.

This isn't a rule, by any stretch; if people want to be antags and not do much of anything, then they reserve that right to. I know a good many people actively refuse to do specific types of objectives---and some will only antag if they get a particular objective, as well. Likewise, people change their minds; maybe they weren't initially interested in going for their particular objective, but changed their mind, later on.

6. Play antagonists responsibly:

If you’re selected for an antagonist role, then treat it as an interesting challenge...[etc]

In the first line of Rule #6.

It goes on to state...

Keep to your objectives, they’re there for a reason.

It is heavily implied that if you're an antag, then you should probably be an antag.

If you don't want to be an antag/are averse to antagonist objectives, there's really no good reason to have the preference enabled. If you don't like your objectives and don't want to be an antag that round, you can ahelp it. There's literally no reason not to ahelp it, in this instance - there's tons of other people who would be more than happy to do your objectives and get a shot at being an antagonist.

IRRESPECTIVE OF THAT, THIS IS TO ADDRESS PEOPLE WHO SEEM TO BE UNAWARE THEY GOT ANTAG (MISSED THE MESSAGE, ETC), NOT PEOPLE WHO GET ANTAG BUT DON'T WANT TO PLAY AS ONE.

IRRESPECTIVE OF THAT, THIS IS TO ADDRESS PEOPLE WHO SEEM TO BE UNAWARE THEY GOT ANTAG (MISSED THE MESSAGE, ETC), NOT PEOPLE WHO GET ANTAG BUT DON'T WANT TO PLAY AS ONE.

b-but~, what about if i want to be a antag, but its sooooo easy for me to do it that i forget that i was a antag...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use