Surgery - Face Fixing/Changing

Knightedskull

I know its possible to do face reconstruction but I just had an idea and unsure if it'd be one that would be nice or simply abused.

I was thinking if it'd be possible to add another step in the face construction surgery phase to be able to 'use' a photo of someone ( or corpse) and be able to fix/change someone's face to the photo before using the retractor to put it in place. This would give medical/security records some use if you can print out the photo from them.

Else...how is a surgeon supposed to know what this person really looks like? I GUESS this goes here and it looks...not horrific.

This could save a bunch of hassles caused by brain transplants, error cloning, and present an interesting option to antagonists. Or anything zany the crew comes up with.

My main intention is an alternative to preventing (MONKEY ####) which is annoying.

i can fix this in fukken seconds if i was a geneticist and found somebody with a MONKEY XXX name.

Sometimes you don't have the required DNA data. You could have lost it somewhere along the way; one mislabeled DNA syringe and suddenly you're Bulma...

This would give medical/security records some use if you can print out the photo from them.

Sure, it makes it quite reversible, but you could turn people into other people way too easily IMO.

One photo and you're set? Come on...

This was a spur of the moment idea and if I figure if I didn't pitch it then something that could be nice would be gone. What would you suggest in place of one photo? Or perhaps three-way shots?

I'm sure it'd be against SoP to do it willy nilly and antagonists would need to buddy with another.

And yes, a geneticist is not always available ( or a non-busy CMO). My thoughts are that if you can really easily fix a face, then it wouldn't be so hard to change it. Or requiring a photo or SOMETHING as reference to the face to be put back to normal.

Hell, maybe requiring to also work on the head as well as the mouth target zones. Screw up or mess up due to ghetto surgery and you get a miss match face? sticks you with Unknown? Lets throw in some ideas.

Edited by Guest

This would give medical/security records some use if you can print out the photo from them.

Sure, it makes it quite reversible, but you could turn people into other people way too easily IMO.

One photo and you're set? Come on...

That would make for some fun antag uses if they get it right. Think of it. You can have Hush in SS13 now

i can fix this in fukken seconds if i was a geneticist and found somebody with a MONKEY XXX name.

Sometimes you don't have the required DNA data. You could have lost it somewhere along the way; one mislabeled DNA syringe and suddenly you're Bulma...

*facepalm*

i just need a ID with the right name on it, i can trick the DNA modder to scan the ID instead of the face if i use a mask on the patient along with the ID.

i just need a ID with the right name on it, i can trick the DNA modder to scan the ID instead of the face if i use a mask on the patient along with the ID.

Damn it, that should be a fukken' exploit! Patch it nao! Why the fuck would the DNA modifier ignore the actual flesh?!

Damn it, that should be a fukken' exploit! Patch it nao! Why the fuck would the DNA modifier ignore the actual flesh?!

Yeah, I must agree on that as well. It should all be connected to the medical records in terms of knowing and matching this DNA to that DNA....not ID.

Quite a lot of things use your ID, and as your ID has all your information (including DNA and fingerprints) I don't really see the issue with being able to pull information off of it.

In fact, if anything that's great news for both taters looking to stealthily swap identities and people who've had their bodies destroyed.

EDIT: I'm also in favour of face changing surgery, and sex change surgery for the same reasons. (Swapping identities).

I've tested what plotron said, and it seems to be false:

1: Summoned a player

2: Killed them, put a mask on their face, they show up as unknown

3: Put the ID of another on the body

4: Scanned their records into the DB

5: Cloned them, still has original name

Did I do something incorrectly?

EDIT: I'm also in favour of face changing surgery, and sex change surgery for the same reasons. (Swapping identities).

Idunno how'd that work in the code but as for doing that in the game...

Scalpel - Hemo - Retract - Retract - Cauterize

Do for lower and upper body.

First of all, it's not my exploit. I was unaware of it.

I think you messed up - I think they mean that you have to put someone masked (and perhaps still alive) into the GENETICS DNA MODIFIER where you will copy the UI + SE to a buffer. And then you can apply a syringe with the voice data to someone else.

The idea here is to provide alternatives to the need of a geneticist that a doctor could do.

The type of surgery to do these is, relatively, not as advanced as having to do other types in this game.

For crying out loud, you can attach/detach limbs without any further complications or issues.

Not saying we should be realistic, this is a game after all, but the gem behind this game is all the options and possibilities of the things that can be done and I believe surgery can be open to additional possibilities.

Oh! I DID misremember! Sorry, Plotron! Yes, yes, this was johannhawk, yes? My bad, Plotron! I'll check the genetics scanners, now!

I think we could replace the current 'face fixing' with the surgeon just typing the new name in.

Bam, you can fix a disfigured face or make a traitor buddy change identity. Monkey(420) becomes a wolpin(69) and Dick Butte leaves medbay happy after a successful bone repair surgery (that is, until he sees a mirror).

*facepalm*

Wow, that's such a wicked strat.

Get scanned, put yourself on a disk

Inject creature with your ui+ue

Give creature rando ID you got

Mask, into the scanner

Get dat fukken ui+ue

INJECTERINO

You are now Captain Planet

Anyone else wanna pitch into this kind of idea?

I really don't see it as becoming an issue on being abused.

Got the right tools and (Photo/ID/Records)? Easy face and voice change for surgeons.

Antags? Screwing up results in messing up the face and have to face and voice reconstruct steps to fix it and THEN retry the steps to change it.

That way those fancy voice changer devices and disguises can still retain their value and place while opening up additional options.

Can also fix issues the cloner/DNA scanners can cause as well as a solution to a changeling messing with other peoples looks.

This could also be used if security wants to do any undercover work.

I think you messed up - I think they mean that you have to put someone masked (and perhaps still alive) into the GENETICS DNA MODIFIER where you will copy the UI + SE to a buffer. And then you can apply a syringe with the voice data to someone else.

in a nutshell, he used the cloner but not the DNA modder

Anyone else wanna pitch into this kind of idea?

I really don't see it as becoming an issue on being abused.

Got the right tools and (Photo/ID/Records)? Easy face and voice change for surgeons.

Antags? Screwing up results in messing up the face and have to face and voice reconstruct steps to fix it and THEN retry the steps to change it.

That way those fancy voice changer devices and disguises can still retain their value and place while opening up additional options.

Can also fix issues the cloner/DNA scanners can cause as well as a solution to a changeling messing with other peoples looks.

This could also be used if security wants to do any undercover work.

i know, let the guy who is taking the surgery to the face have a message that gives him the option of letting the surgeon give them the name, fixing the name themselves, or fix it automatically back to what its supposed to be.

I don't think an option to give the patient a rename is a good idea. That can be easily abused...imagine if it was the clown being worked on?

Also it isn't just a name or voice change here, but actual face appearance being changed.

Antags trying to impersonate would have to find a way to change their hair or cover it.

Another downside to doing this sort of thing on the unofficial but cheap side.

I don't think an option to give the patient a rename is a good idea. That can be easily abused...imagine if it was the clown being worked on?

Also it isn't just a name or voice change here, but actual face appearance being changed.

Antags trying to impersonate would have to find a way to change their hair or cover it.

Another downside to doing this sort of thing on the unofficial but cheap side.

well, giving the doctor the option is even more easily abused...

could we just have it so that the patient gets the control to use or abuse it only if they are awake?

It's a bit iffy.

To be perfectly honest, I can see more abuse than RP potential. Identifying facial features basically boil down to hair/fur colour and style. Eye colour is essentially fluff due to the fact that you can barely see the damned things 99% of the time.

What I would suggest, rather than allowing for faces to change, was to add a requirement to Facial Reconstruction Surgery: you'd need to "use" a photo printed from the person's records, then proceed with the surgery, or else it has a chance of simply not working.

Well, that was the original idea primarily for those that lost their original bodies and had to be transplanted in a home grown monkey but wanted to look their original selves again ( with name and voice). I just figured if it didn't seem too abusive then we could add on to it.

I like the idea of actually using the photo from records.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use