Praxis' Medchem Power Guide

SkyPing

FIGHT MY MINIONS, YES!

I want to address a lot of things that came up in the recent replies in a lengthy post, but since I'm studying for exams right now I don't really have much time. Here are just a couple points I want to make clear while this goes on.

-TZO, THANK YOU. With your permission I'd like to cut down that little blurb of yours into something a bit more concise so I can toss it onto the guide.

-I've only played SS13 for 3 months. My expertise falls under making medicine really quickly, and not exactly on their effects. The medicines I chose to make were from chemists that have much more knowledge on the effects of these meds than I do. However, I do have a what I believe is a very solid opinion on why certain chems are omitted and why certain meds are made. I want to reveal those opinions later.

Until then, you guys probably have much more knowledge on how these chems work than I do (I'm sort of just a messenger). So I want everyone here to keep arguing about how things work, so we can make this guide the best it can possibly be.

-Let's keep the discussion on medicine and not other recipes, such as Life and Corgium, Pyrotechnics, and all that stuff. It hasn't strayed from that yet, but I want to be clear that this guide is for meds and meds only. Fuck you Scichem

TL;DR: YOUR ARGUING MAKES US GROW STRONGER, KEEP FIGHTING YOU FOOLS! AS LONG AS IT'S ABOUT THEM MEDS!

which translates to 25.6 total units of spaceacillin, which is the most amount of spaceacillin you'll ever need in a patient.

Don't know if there is a patch recently but I've had patients with Acute++ infections in mutliple body parts and it took close to 150u of spaceallian via borg to bring them back down to mild. Maybe you mean 25 per limb/organ, but my own expierence (albiet a few months out of date) says otherwise.

I've buffed spaceacillin within the last month or so, so perhaps your knowledge is out of date - it used to do only 6 in mild, and 2 in acute - at which point, YES, it took 150+ units of spaceacillin. And if you contain more than a single processing's worth of spaceacillin, ALL organs will benefit - multiple acute organs do not need more antibiotics than a single one.

BACK IN MY DAY

AN INFECTION (basic ass lowest level) WAS A DEATH SENTENCE THAT TOOK EVERY SPACEACILLIN SYRINGE IN MED TO CURE!!!1

I regularly heard of people submitting to death and cloning if they had more than one infection, and playing Paramedic I saw it loads firsthand

Now its much more reasonable, and using death as a cure for infection is no longer a thing!

Ah, perhaps useful advice:

Knowing how to make Styptic Powder and Silver Sulf quickly is extremely handy when preparing heavily damaged bodies for defibbing - Drag the body over to your workstation, make the appropriate splash-healer in a bucket for them, splash it on them, and repeat until they're good for defibbing. Of course, you'll want to check that it's been less than 10 minutes in-game before bothering with this procedure.

-TZO, THANK YOU. With your permission I'd like to cut down that little blurb of yours into something a bit more concise so I can toss it onto the guide.

Adapt however you see fit. Since you already covered "what do I make?" I sought to go after "what do I distribute?" instead.

The two are quite different questions - there are lots of things that you make as medchemist which you don't distribute freely.

The SS13 equivalents of prescription drugs.

Finally had time to edit shit: here's the changelog.

-Added a really shitty table of contents: Control+F and type in the codeword to skip to a section of the guide. I'll expand on it later

-Added Blue-Space Beakers to the Tools Section

-Added Omnizine and Holy Water to the Components Section

-Added a really summarized and edited version of TZO's section on what to distribute and what not

-Clarified Pentetic and why it's better than Charcoal/Potassium Iodide/Calomel/Etc.

-Saved a spot in the guide for CryoMixes, Synthmeat, and maybe Dialysis.

I wanna wrap up this guide quickly and move on to my next one with Jacob.

Oh, and me and Jacob Ryals will be writing up a guide similar to this for Genetics so that the job is a bit more entertaining for everyone.

I also intend to write a whole lot more of these guides, and I'll need suggestions on what to do next. I'll make a forum post about it later on tomorrow.

• 2 months later...

Updates (Fucking finally)

-Pentetic Acid was lowered from 10 units to 5 units. The problem with it before was that Pentetic cycles pretty slowly and will purge ANY other chemical in the body, so if you were going to deal with poison damage you had to have the man take the pill then wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. 5 unit pills will increase the flexibility while keeping it's effectiveness.

As an extension of this, you'll won't need as much Cyanide and Formaldehyde (20 units of each instead of 40 units). So I switched the recipes for both of them so that they're less fucking toxic to make (GET IT, TOXIC, CAUSE POISO-*Shot*)

-Perfluoro was switched from 5 unit pills to 10 unit patches. This is because perfluoro was recently given an addiction modifier, likely to make it easier for traitors to screw people over with it. In order to avoid addiction, we put the stuff into patches, since the addiction flag only activates on ingestion (think of it like how Silver Sulf and Styptic only work in patches, and ingesting them in pills will poison you). However, only half of the units inside the patch will actually be used, so we have to increase the unit size by five.

-Added Gas Masks, and the wall mounted fuel tank cause yes. Also updated the pictures a bit.

-Added COLORS cause why not. I actually didn't know you could add colors until recently cause I'm stupid.

Edited by Guest

Might want to cross out radium, as we've moved to disease1. Now there's a ton of chems a virologist could request in order to cure something.

Not sure how to put it so that it makes sense, but I guess a chemist should use their best judgment.

Might want to cross out radium, as we've moved to disease1. Now there's a ton of chems a virologist could request in order to cure something.

Not sure how to put it so that it makes sense, but I guess a chemist should use their best judgment.

Completely forgot about that, good catch. I'll update that after I decide which meds to cut from my main order.

Just some things I noticed from one crazy chem guy to another about some things that were overlooked or unknown in the guide:

First off, Haloperidol is a great drug for dealing with that wave of recovering addicts when the bartender or chef doses their products as it reduces drug related symptoms during recovery. Be sure to make some if this happens. Also, make sure to give 5 unit doses or you're gonna have a bunch of hazy recovering addicts. If those addicts happen to try to force you to make drugs, just relabel this med to their drug of choice, make a 30u pill and give it to them anyway. They'll be asleep and ready to see the therapist in no time.

As for Hydrocodone and the like. This family of drugs turns you into the guy that gets shot 20 times by the cops after taking too much PCP. In other words, you'll be able to hobble over to med for treatment on your stump leg while your insides become your outsides. Only really useful for miners, gateway explorers, or anyone who wants to play the melee murder game.

Also, a good tip that wasn't mentioned. Take a bottle of cryox, poor 5 units into a beaker, or drink it. It doesn't really matter how, just get rid of it. Now, take an IV and a small animal. Place the animal on a roller bed by the cloning tube, set the IV to take blood and put the bottle in the IV. Rinse and repeat as needed.

As for narcotics, people want meth because they don't know any better. That, or they're terrible people and want to commit crimes while going fast. My favorite drug is Krokodil, because it makes you mellow. Ignore the addiction symptoms. You didn't need that skin. It was holding you back...

Another niche drug that I make a few doses of from time to time is Toporone. It's the only way to ensure that you don't freeze to death from that freshly sealed hole in the hull. It's also useful for firefighting or flamethrower users because at 10 degrees per cycle, you'd have to be on fire to actually start getting overwhelmed by the heat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use