"DO NOT CLONE" Implant

alexpkeaton

On another thread, it was lamented how medbay often isn't told that a corpse dropped off by sec shouldn't be cloned. So that's where I'm starting from.

Here's the suggestion. A box of implants, either out in the armory at roundstart or in the Warden's office, that can be implanted in a body of an identified antag killed or executed. The implant will prevent the body from being scanned in the cloner and will turn morgue trays either red, or a unique color (orange, blinking red, yellow, etc). The implant can be surgically removed and then the body cloned, of course, but since medbay and security don't share each other's comm channels, this is an easy way to communicate "this body should not be cloned." Also this would eliminate the need for coroners to manually label bodies "DO NOT CLONE." I'd suggest the coroner be given a box as well, but that would be too OP for a potential antag member of medbay to get their hands on, and would almost certainly result in griefing preventing cloning. So keep it in the hands of the loyalty implanted to prevent such an occurance.

Very smart idea.

Personally, I yell at officers/physicians who simply ditch the antag's body instead of cremating or spacing it.

But should we allow the implant to be used on living people? I mean, it's definitely a cool feature that would work against permabrig fugitives. *shivers*

I honestly think Brig implants need some love. This would be a step in the right direction.

The cloner could return a message "Anti-cloning chip present. Aborting." on scanning. The chip would simply communicate with the cloner. We could also emag the console/cloning pod so it would clone regardless, and that's a fun use for a traitor!

The cloner could return a message "Anti-cloning chip present. Aborting." on scanning. The chip would simply communicate with the cloner. We could also emag the console/cloning pod so it would clone regardless, and that's a fun use for a traitor!

Considering how strong these would be to an antag regardless, I dont know if it needs to have an Emag.

Can get a psedo version of this by activating an EMP when their getting cloned ;p

Considering how strong these would be to an antag regardless, I dont know if it needs to have an Emag.

The traitor wanting to clone their accomplice would have to do surgery first. It's not a big deal, but it's high-profile and dangerous.

With an emagged cloner, a non-antag doctor could mistakenly clone the executed accomplice because the machine would override/ignore the chip inside. It's a built-in safety that would fail.

I mean yeah, traitor doctors are powerful as they are, but it'd be niche use after all. It'd probably be too serious of a fault for the new implant to be used regularly, though. And we want to implement useful things, don't we?

I am just brainstorming here.

Actually I was thinking of implanting their target

You'd need to get the implant first, and that means breaking into armory or (currently unsuported) reuse of implants.

What if the implant was available on PDA Uplink, though? Wouldn't it be better to remove the brain and let it decay? Now that's fucking evil...

This needs to be a thing but I really do not think there be any changes to the morgue tray colors. I mean, kinda of a dick move to the antag player to be ditched in a tin-can instead of borged or something.

BUT an implant that pops up in the health analyzer or the clone pod would be nice. And maybe further that idea by making it so that only those authorized can clone those with the implant or the cloner just rejects it.

This needs to be a thing but I really do not think there be any changes to the morgue tray colors.

The benefit I see of a different tray color is that there's a paper trail for the admins to follow when someone ahelps with "HALP! I'M DEAD IN THE MORGUE BUT I'M ACTIVE - MY TRAY IS COMING UP RED BUT I'M HERE!" (or "HALP! MY TRAY IS GREEN AND THEY AREN'T CLONING ME!")

Can anyone comment on the potential coding difficulty for this implant? I imagine it would at least be moderate difficulty as this is an implant that interacts with two different pieces of equipment (cloner and morgue trays).

I think there would be less effort required to simply pen the bodybag with a note saying to not clone.

Regardless, there should be some sort of work around so that the person could end up back in the game. Whether that is an emag ability, or something else, needs to be discussed.

Regardless, there should be some sort of work around so that the person could end up back in the game. Whether that is an emag ability, or something else, needs to be discussed.

It's an implant. It can be surgically removed. High risk, high reward.

I'm apparently supposed to bring my "frownface" brigade here.

No.

Just add a morgue tray into the execution chamber, it's less coding and has the exact same effect.

A DNC implant is easily abusable, a morgue tray in the execution chamber is not.

No.

Just add a morgue tray into the execution chamber, it's less coding and has the exact same effect.

A DNC implant is easily abusable, a morgue tray in the execution chamber is not.

Pretty much. If the issue is DNC notices not being followed, just leave the corpses inside a body bag in the Execution Room and do not let them out. Relatively simple.

No.

This--or the bodies can be spaced or incinerated or put in the chaplain's morgue...orrr just left in the regular morgue for RP/second chances/etc.

Sec can already veryyyy easily take people out of the round permanently if they want to.

I dunno to be honest, having an outright mechanism to disallow cloning is kinda meh in my opinion, it's always a worry that your executed traitor could get revived by accident or through deliberate means with the help of another traitor, it's like a second life and go. I've had some amazing scenarios in which I'm revived, helped and given a new identity by another traitor.

Plus adding in a mechanism cause you can't trust people to not clone executed personnel is lame, if someone clones a labeled body named DO NOT CLONE, that's aiding and abetting to be honest if the antag in question strikes again.

All this would really do is add a hurdle, removing an implant.

Not to mention it's all really easily avoided by PDA-ing the CMO/Coroner "Dunt cloen that fuking caorpse, I am spr srs"

If Sec doesn't want their Taitor-tot cloned then Sec can be assed to at LEAST send a PDA, because at that point a DECENT Coroner/CMO will probably go mark that body bag as "Leave it the fuck alone" in giant red marker.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use