Ever so slightly nerf Tasers

Belario

As it is tasers stun you just long enough for you to be cuffed and dragged a few feet before you stand back up.

This means once you're on the ground = it's all over, such is the way of instastun, all in a few seconds.

If the stun time was ever so slightly reduced, say by a couple of seconds so it wasn't quite long enough to cuff, it'd give the intended victim a bit more of a fighting chance, I'm just fed up of tasers being superior to literally everything, especially since it's one pew = you're out.

Stun batons are another story... but those at least are arms length, and it serves you right for letting yourself get caught up to.

If their stun time was reduced that much then there's no reason to use them. All you could do is just keep stunning until a friend cuffs them or you run out.

If this in terms of Antags, you got tons of anti stun equipment. Buy them if you think you need to.

If their stun time was reduced that much then there's no reason to use them. All you could do is just keep stunning until a friend cuffs them or you run out.

If this in terms of Antags, you got tons of anti stun equipment. Buy them if you think you need to.

E-shields are a nice option for nuke ops, so are adrenal implants/certain chems, this doesn't make the taser any less ridiculously over powered in comparison to every other option of engagement however.

There'd be reason enough to use them in any context because of the instant floor dropping alone, ideally followed by a quick switch to disbaler mode (which I have not once seen used BTW) or a run up for a baton'ing both of which there'd be plenty of time for.

Reducing the stun time so it'd be not quite enough to cuff someone would also give the rest of sec's toys a reason to exist, it's so specialized and varied but utterly useless since tasers are just so superior.

I mean, when was the last time anyone used pepperspray to subdue someone? at the moment it's sole purpose is to torture the already captured.

ranged stuns that aren't tasers:

-Thrown Banana peels/Water/Lube; available to everyone on station, stuns for longer than a taser. thrown peel is next-to-impossible to avoid unlike a taser

-Syringe gun; available to science and med, can be acquried by anyone on station, can be loaded with stun chems far more potent than a taser

-Stunpaper; available to cult, mutes and stuns for longer than a taser, ignoring all obstructions, can be used instantly

-Glare/Hypnotise/Freeze Air; available to vampires, thralls, and shadowlings, stuns target for several seconds. can be used whilst handcuffed

-Changeling Screechs; available to changelings several, all with general and situational uses, can impact several targets, can be used whilst handcuffed

-Magic Missile; available to wizards, easily the most powerful stun in the game; stuns everyone onscreen but you instantly for several seconds

-Dart gun; available to traitors, can be loaded with stun chems

anti-taser tools:

-Coffee/Cigarettes; available to everyone, significantly reduced stun time

-Meth; available to chemists and scientists, makes landing a hit with a taser significantly harder and reduces stun times

-Various other stun chems; available to chemists and scientist

-Adrenal implant; available to traitors, instantly stops stun and renders you stun immune for serveral seconds

-Rejuv; available to vampires, instantly removes stuns

-Shadowwalk; available to shadowlings, enables them to instantly escape a situation where they are stunned

-Adrenaline overlad; available to changelings, instantly removes a stun

-Eshield; available to traitors, blocks tasers along with all lethal weapons afforded to security

and I'm sure I missed a hell of a lot more

-Thrown Banana peels/Water/Lube; available to everyone on station, stuns for longer than a taser. thrown peel is next-to-impossible to avoid unlike a taser

-Syringe gun; available to science and med, can be acquried by anyone on station, can be loaded with stun chems far more potent than a taser

-Stunpaper; available to cult, mutes and stuns for longer than a taser, ignoring all obstructions, can be used instantly

-Glare/Hypnotise/Freeze Air; available to vampires, thralls, and shadowlings, stuns target for several seconds. can be used whilst handcuffed

-Changeling Screechs; available to changelings several, all with general and situational uses, can impact several targets, can be used whilst handcuffed

-Magic Missile; available to wizards, easily the most powerful stun in the game; stuns everyone onscreen but you instantly for several seconds

anti-taser tools:

-Meth; available to chemists and scientists, makes landing a hit with a taser significantly harder and reduces stun times

-Adrenal implant; available to traitors, instantly stops stun and renders you stun immune for serveral seconds

-Shadowwalk; available to shadowlings, enables them to instantly escape a situation where they are stunned

-Eshield; available to traitors, blocks tasers along with all lethal weapons afforded to security

yeah, lotsa robust stuff if you know how to use it, still doesn't help with the taser being a situation ender 2/3 times because whoever clicked first cuffed you.

tasers are literally the least of our balance worries lmao

no they op nerf pls

Just a personal pet peeve more than anything, I honestly think we'd have funner times if sec had reason to use more than one pew pewer, as I said above the rest of their arsenal never has a reason to be used.

Unless of course the warden hands out e-guns, but this is default gear we're talking about.

Situation: Jack McBaldy is caught hacking doors to EVA, officer tries to arrest him, perp runs, what piece of equipment does the officer use? The taser of course. Pepperspray is no use in a pursuit. If the perp runs to a crowd, using flash would stun everyone (cue shitcurity shouts). This alternative equipment is useless in a situation like this. Taser is made for catching runners. Also reducing stun times so you cannot cuff someone is just bloody ridiculous. Dodging is a thing yo.

Spare me it at least, because I loved it back when tasers just did pain damage, even when I was main-lining Security.

But I suppose those days are done, and hitting the stun weapons with such a nerf would be devastating, the only plausible way I could see reducing the stun to below the time it takes to cuff is if the battery in tasers were increased and/OR disablers "cost" less per shot, to encourage the larger use of disablers in arrests.

(Stun the bad guy, swtich to disabler and make sure he stays down long enough to slap cuffs on.)

Situation: Jack McBaldy is caught hacking doors to EVA, officer tries to arrest him, perp runs, what piece of equipment does the officer use? The taser of course. Pepperspray is no use in a pursuit. If the perp runs to a crowd, using flash would stun everyone (cue shitcurity shouts). This alternative equipment is useless in a situation like this. Taser is made for catching runners. Also reducing stun times so you cannot cuff someone is just bloody ridiculous. Dodging is a thing yo.

Yeah catching runners, specifically stopping runners, all the officer has to do is click and that's it, over.

The stun setting is the lazy setting as it is regardless, having to actually use the tasers disable setting once or twice after golden bolting them or using the baton isn't that strenuous, and like I said it's give runners a bit more of a fighting chance.

I hate to use the in real life fallacy and all, but 100% subduing someone shouldn't take 10 seconds when all you use is one taze.

(Stun the bad guy, swtich to disabler and make sure he stays down long enough to slap cuffs on.)

That's exactly what I'm suggesting, a few seconds off the stun time.

Instastun is shit and all but if it weren't omniuseful to the extent that it currently is, 90% of the issue fades away.

Pepperspray isn't worth using because everyone starts with the tools to ignore it immediately.

Flashes are meant to be used for Robots more then people.

Its not that the Taser encompasses them, its because they are completely invalidated by so many other means.

I would support the taser stun time being reduced, you could stun with taser and then use disabler to keep them down, or use a baton, or have your buddy keep tasering them. Taser shot shouldn't be single shot and its over, that is boring and anti-fun.

Security has so many stun options to keep you down, there really is no reason to have taser a 1 shot to cuff. If anything, it should be the exact time as cuffing so that the only way to cuff off a single taser shot is to be point blank.

Pepperspray isn't worth using because everyone starts with the tools to ignore it immediately.

Flashes are meant to be used for Robots more then people.

Its not that the Taser encompasses them, its because they are completely invalidated by so many other means.

I always saw pepperspray as a lesser crowd control option, you can spray it a few tiles after all, good for keeping back crowds.

Taser shot shouldn't be single shot and its over, that is boring and anti-fun.

Part of my rant in a small sentence.

Edited by Guest

anti-taser tools:

Actually shadow-walk/Jaunt doesn't remove any stuns you currently have; if you use them while stunned, you won't be able to move.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use