FlattestGuitar's shitty art/sprite thread.

FlattestGuitar

Vulpkanin Haardsuits!

LYNCH MEH

don't though

I'd love some creative criticism

Also, I'm still not sure about the tails. It looks silly without them, it makes not much sense with them.

I'm more inclined to go with what is already on the pics, but I'd rather hear everyone out first.

Edited by FlattestGuitar

Of the sprites themselves:

They look great! I love the color palettes on them - though, it makes me think that the vulpkanin underneath isn't actually fully vacuum-sealed, as it matches the color scheme of a vulpkanin rather (too?) well. I guess that also is the case with the tailsprites, too, but who knows. I reckon, however, that including the hardsuit sprite in the *wag shenanigans is going to be more of a headache to get working than is wanted, though if there's a will, there's a way.

The second row, south-facing sprite is difficult to identify the muzzle on.

The medical hardsuit's dome is maybe a bit too flat-looking, but it's likely that way on the standard med hardsuit anyways.

As much as I like these, I think the tails would need a do-over. Either would have to go with some blue-space explanation or a one-size-fits-all tail-chamber-thing in the back. I seriously can't imagine the hardsuit designers would bother to accommodate the suit for fur (slight discomfort for functionality) and to prevent increasing the amount of hazards one has in space, I'm thinking that the tail would have to be curled up in some fashion (for a HARDsuit).

I currently see three options.

• Try redoing the tails in the style of the curled vulpkanin tail ( not one I use) and I think from there you can make a nicer design on it than a simple recolor of it. Sadly no wag cause it is a hardsuit.

• Another option to consider is....would it be at all dangerous for a tail to be exposed to space if the suit fully sealed up the beginning? If not then all that needs to be changed is to these new helmets and we keep the wag. If they would be a problem being exposed then...

How about what is essentially a vacuum bag that is directly connected to the suit and, after the tail is inside, it vacuums out the air like those food preserve bags. For that though all you'd need to apply is a color tint and it can be the same across all tails and hardsuits AND we keep the wag (keep this idea for the non-hard suits).

I think these ideas will reduce headaches ( and coding) and will add uniqueness to them while accommodating the different breeds ( a main selling point to some vulpkanin players). Hell, I'd expect an increase in vulp miners and engineers if this got out.

Try redoing the tails in the style of the curled vulpkanin tail ( not one I use) and I think from there you can make a nicer design on it than a simple recolor of it. Sadly no wag cause it is a hardsuit.

I really tried a lot of things and what I have is literally the only thing that doesn't look autistic. All others just seem like a wet cat or something

Another option to consider is....would it be at all dangerous for a tail to be exposed to space if the suit fully sealed up the beginning? If not then all that needs to be changed is to these new helmets and we keep the wag. If they would be a problem being exposed then...

If you don't mind your tail turning into dead tissue and eventually falling off, this is not an issue at all.

How about what is essentially a vacuum bag that is directly connected to the suit and, after the tail is inside, it vacuums out the air like those food preserve bags. For that though all you'd need to apply is a color tint and it can be the same across all tails and hardsuits AND we keep the wag (keep this idea for the non-hard suits).

Do you mean just using the tajaran hardsuits that kinda look like the slimmer tails without the fur? If not, I absolutely don't get what you mean.

Honestly the only option that's somehow sensible is just making a 'bluespace pocket' that somehow hides the tail without making it uncomfortable or visible outside of the suit. That, however makes vulpkanins less snowflakey than tajarans bc you can't see that fuzzy rear. I still think what is on the picture is the best option for optimal cuteness.

Edited by Guest

Looks nice!

We will surely find some way out with Tail problem

i still hope for gasmasks fitting onto Tajara face someday

Do you mean just using the tajaran hardsuits that kinda look like the slimmer tails without the fur? If not, I absolutely don't get what you mean.

Well kinda sorta that. The third one I was meaning some sort of bag-like thing that the tail goes in and the bag is vacuumed of air so it hugs the tail no matter what type of tail and its connected to the suit. And of course I don't mean just any bag like a trashbag.

Though first one is probably the better.

Well kinda sorta that. The third one I was meaning some sort of bag-like thing that the tail goes in and the bag is vacuumed of air so it hugs the tail no matter what type of tail and its connected to the suit. And of course I don't mean just any bag like a trashbag.

Though first one is probably the better.

Reinforced elastic space proof tailbags, should function like the namesake of terrible command staff, except its intended for space.

You could do like, have the tail attached to the back with a belt or anything like that ? then the tail will not be such a problem i guess ?

Are you talking about the technical aspect or the in-game perspective?

Technical aspect - it's not hard to make the tails a part of the hardsuit, it's just bothersome to animate every single type of a tail in every single color.

In-game perspective - tail belts for all the poor races without tails, heck yes.

i think he meant that there shouldsome kind of strap that keeps the tail in place on the back of the hardsuit or something

but we have accidentally made a idea of a belt with a tail on it for non-tail races, REJOICE!

we might as well put in fursuits then

just play the race homie

i think he meant that there shouldsome kind of strap that keeps the tail in place on the back of the hardsuit or something

but we have accidentally made a idea of a belt with a tail on it for non-tail races, REJOICE!

Yes ! That what i mean. Thanks.

we might as well put in fursuits then

just play the race homie

I think at this rate things will get too meta for the good of the game or we'll end up off topic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use