Balance out Space Lube

Edd

It can't be seen on floors unlike water, it stuns you for a long period, it stays on the floor for a long period of time and it is super easy to make. One spray can easily ruin a crew member's life, because they have no way of getting back up fast apart from being shaken up (unlikely for a traitor to do that).

Meet Space Lube.

Imo, the stun time should stay the same, but Space Lube should appear on the floor (maybe as an even more obvious glimmer than water) and it should disappear faster. You could also reduce the stun time, but keep how long the substance stays on the floor the same. If those options don't sound appealing, you could also make the chemistry recipe more difficult to make.

It's. Just. So. God. Damn. Powerful. For something so. Easy. To. Make

Those blue smears are Slime People blood.

Pretty sure it's Vox blood, while Slime People have shiny white blood, but I'm not 100% on that.

Yes, for S.P.E.Z.Z

MALLARD has no part in this. Absolutely none.

That is most likely because the fury of which you were channeling through your toolbox was so awesome your world went black and the world was just toolboxes.

Just toolboxes.

Everywhere.

(I'm kidding, til vox blood is blue.)

Well, that mashing was caused by blind rage, so I suppose that could have been the case...

Back to the subject though, why can't we make all spilled chemicals visible? They already have an assigned color, so I think it would be possible to just use the blood textures, right? Most stuff should be easy to spot IRL...

Vox Blood is light blue, Skrell is dark blue. Slime people bleed water which people can slip on.

And space lube is annoying as hell, but it was indeed nerfed. I do think it would be nice if it did have some indication its on the floor, similar to water.

Slime blood was light blue if I recall. Someone should make them bleed their body color instead, that would be cool.

Can I comment on why you have to slip every time you go over a slippery substance? Why can't you be so robust that it transcends the RNG and you just fast-travel across?

It can't be seen on floors unlike water, it stuns you for a long period, it stays on the floor for a long period of time and it is super easy to make. One spray can easily ruin a crew member's life, because they have no way of getting back up fast apart from being shaken up (unlikely for a traitor to do that).

snipped

It's. Just. So. God. Damn. Powerful. For something so. Easy. To. Make

Also deals damage!

Okay, Slime people bleed water essentially, when they bleed it puts the water overlay on a tile

Space lube does not have an overlay that I have EVER seen, it is invisible

Now that all of that is out of the way, it really should have an overlay telling you where the heck that asshole chemist put space lube so you can avoid it and taking a bruise to your noggin

Maybe similar to the water overlay, only light blue so it's a little more noticeable?

If the water overlay isn't already greyscaled, it would have to be though

Bones, since we've already touched up on synthetic drugs I consider this conversation perfect.

AND WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP WASTING PERFECTLY GOOD ULTRA LUBE ON THE FLOOR INSTEAD OF SMOKING IT OR GIVING IT TO YOUR FRIENDLY CAPTAIN IPC WHEN YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE JOB IS TAXING ON HIS MENTAL HEALTH.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use