flashlights buff and nerf.

Holyass

As the title said there going be an suggestion here that both buffs and nerfs it.

1st the buffs, Make the light have modes, low, mid and high light emitters.

Low as it say you barely get any light from it

mid standard flashlight.

High big as a flare light.

and now the nerfs.

Make flashlights any of them beside PDA's small light use power form a power cell that be remove with ease, by right clicking and click remove power cell and click on the flashlight with the cell to put it back in, the better the power cell the longer it will last, low is power saver and mid drains not slow or fast and high just drain the power soo fast.

Would it work to make the flashlight only shine at the direction you look at? If its range is longer but only in one direction it would also be a nerf/buff combo.

well you do need Omni directional light or someone can just walk in your blind spot.

I like these tweaks to the flashlight, gives more reason to actually toggle it rather than keep it on all the time.

As for the directional light, the problem with that is that we already see the character and 360 degrees around them, having directional light doesn't make sense with how a lot of SS13 works.

• 4 months later...

Honestly, it would be nice of more light sources had batteries attached to them. Give us reason not just to turn them off when not using them, but also encourage people to build more batteries.

Keeping people productive is always fun.

Not a big fan of the power cell idea, mostly due to reliance on engineering and cargo to get more of them, but if you manage to stockpile enough in maintenance or grab some mesons, you don't need to worry.

I would just drag a burning greytider with me.

Or be plasma man with fire resist.

A plasmaman with fire resist doesn't die? That's awesome! But they're still a living, walking, growing inferno that shows no mercy, yes?

Why do I like all the horrible things?

Or we can have a torch that runs off of plasma :3?

@ dumb then what less we are going to do with power cells beside making crossbows out of them?

On the topic of plasmamen. How quickly do they die if their suits come off? Cause if they have a few seconds to swap into an atmos hardsuit, they're basically immune to fire.

Or we can have a torch that runs off of plasma :3?

@ dumb then what less we are going to do with power cells beside making crossbows out of them?

You make a glorious stunprod, the go-to weapon of every validhunter/greymcmaintcrawler

On the topic of plasmamen. How quickly do they die if their suits come off? Cause if they have a few seconds to swap into an atmos hardsuit, they're basically immune to fire.

You NEED to have a plasmaman suit on or you'll still burn IIRC.

Anyways I think flashlight running off power cell is a great thing to do and i will list the reasons why.

1. It add in a another part of slice of life into the game aka Flashlight don't run on magic.

2. For evil roles it add in a small % that their terget flashlight dies in the dark and then that give us new dark horror parts in our game play :3

3. it give the power cells another use for them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use