IPC internal PDA

Jguytriple5

How about all the IPC have their PDA hardwired into them. Make them message like the AI via the menu on the right.

Make them able to add PDA cartridges into them, using everything via the menu. And maybe the detective cartridge could make it so that the IPC can just use his hands as scanner? Medic cartridge maybe makes them able to use their hand as medical scanner? Bartender internal booze dispenser? Scientist tank scanner? Chemist reagent scanner? Librarian camera? That guy that handles the death and i always forget the name of, an autopsy scanner?

If this is done they will ofcourse stay the masterrace that they are, but it just sounds unfair to just do this. So maybe grey could have telekinesis? Kidan heat vision?

So what do you guys think about this? And should the other races get upgrades too if this is done? we will never kn- oh sorry, force of habit.

IPCs are honestly snowflaked to fuck, feature wise. Adding more features that will require their own snowflake code just sounds like a bad idea to me.

And if you're too lazy to use a PDA you have a problem.

I would like to comment that if an IPCs PDA is integrated into them then that would allow for some !!FUN!! PDA bombing.

Oh the amount of trolling/griefing and IPC murder you could do with that...

Aside from that flashlight face idea, IPCs don't need anything else added to them. Let the "glorious synthetic master race" be just what they are. Whatever that is

I swear, having special abilities on a race breeds wanting even more special abilities on a race.

We get more 'buff/give IPCs everything" threads than for changes to all other races, combined.

I swear, having special abilities on a race breeds wanting even more special abilities on a race.

We get more 'buff/give IPCs everything" threads than for changes to all other races, combined.

I hate it too.

I hate it too.

Jesus Christ people, noone thinks of the Greys or the Kidan or any race that's not been touched in years.

Jesus Christ people, noone thinks of the Greys or the Kidan or any race that's not been touched in years.

I'm going to read that as a statement and not as a gripe towards everyone excluding yourself (the way language works it would be considered the latter).

Grays and Kida seem to be alright as they are for the time being. Grays could use a few more features but honestly who's going to work on them or suggest anything that a simple gray alien would have? They're basic, kind of boring in their traditional lore, only known for kidnapping people and ERPing them for science studying them.

Kida are kind of shitty (there's a whole other topic going on about that elsewhere) and suggestions have been made for them, but it's been argued that adding more features in addition to what they have would make them more "snowflakey". That's a word I'm going to start hating soon if I don't already.

I'm going to stop now and just say part of this problem is the "glorious IPC master race" just because I'm a dick like that. :)

I'm going to stop now and just say part of this problem is the "glorious IPC master race" just because I'm a dick like that. :)

Fuck off :_(

I feel bullied.

I do believe other races should get more things. A lot of races are mostly just humans with different sprites and some minor differences, all races should be unique, in my opinion, in ways that don't vastly overpower them, but in ways that make them fun to at least try out.

Although, I must admit, a glowing monitor would be awesome to have.

I think it's time to nerfhammer them!

No, it's time to think about other species and add stuff to them to make them better rather than focus on one species and worship them. I get fucking tired of people trying to add more unbalanced shit to the robots as well and if I were in control of this all I'd say IPCs get absolutely no more buffs until everyone else does from this point on. I suppose that it's almost as if I'm saying if it ain't broke don't fucking touch it. Yes, there are bugs with IPCs, but I'd much rather the bugs with other species get fixed first.

IPCs are perfect as-is, imo. They can die within a few hits to the chest with a toolbox and if you remove their head and a leg they're fucked. EMPs will probably ruin them. Explosions tend to fuck them terribly. In fact, anything can kill them very fucking quickly. They can't get genetic powers. They don't breathe, can self-repair to a point, no toxins damage... And, well, thats are all that I find really useful. The current fragility is the reason I like playing IPCs; they're not too strong, and just a bit weak. That gives you a challenge on DEFENDING yourself rather than arming yourself with lasers and swords all the fucking time.

The reason IPCs are still included in the code is that they've been nerfed nearly every time they've been modified, so they've taken many strikes of the nerfhammer as is. Just be glad they aren't perfect robots because then they'd be pretty much fucking unstoppable, think Terminator but with a CRT head.

And the reason they keep getting more and more hatred is because people who don't play IPCs don't get paid attention to: I think Humans and all the other races need some actually fucking good suggestions.

And this is how my slightly off-topic fucking 12:18 AM rant ends.

Because they're obviously not good. I'm not saying we should make Kidan shit gold and grow armblades on command and summon poptarts, but I was thinking maybe giving Humans boosts of Epinephrine on an RNG chance when they're getting near softcrit or something small enough that it wouldn't make a species op pls nurf.

This has been said, but I too believe that IPC doesn't need anything much. As a prime IPC player myself, I'm quite content with what I feel are well balanced pros and cons (and nifty stuff like changing monitor skins on the fly, i'd never have thought of that) and believe others deserve more work.

The problem is, what COULD be a good change for Kidan or Grey? I'm also in the belief that they could use some buffs, but /what/?

Because they're obviously not good. I'm not saying we should make Kidan shit gold and grow armblades on command and summon poptarts, but I was thinking maybe giving Humans boosts of Epinephrine on an RNG chance when they're getting near softcrit or something small enough that it wouldn't make a species op pls nurf.

The Real challenge would be, what the fuck do you give Greys and Plasma people?

Greys already have Telepathy, I can't think of much else thematically they could get that would not be insanely strong if we keep wit hthe whole "Psionic" theme they got going. Empathy power maybe, but that's about it, Telekinesis would be hella strong.

And Plasma-dudes.... I got nothin.

I still want plasmamen to have that weird symbol language that no one else liked because they wouldn't know how to translate it into sounds. Maybe give them the only language that the universal translator can't translate?

You know, if we had Abduction gamemode then Grays might have something to do about it. Maybe influence the abductors or something but that's stretching it a bit

-snip-, but I was thinking maybe giving Humans boosts of Epinephrine on an RNG chance when they're getting near softcrit or something small enough that it wouldn't make a species op pls nurf.

No, no, no, how many times can I say no.

Humans are 100% always intended to be the vanilla species. This won't change.

Humans run the defaults for everything, the defaults *are* them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use