IPC lore update

Spacemanspark

http://wiki.baystation12.net/IPC

http://wiki.baystation12.net/Positronic_Union

Baystation recently updated their lore for IPC's, and they are about to be fully playable there now.

It got me thinking, why not update our lore with theirs? Those two pages above I would likely merge into one, however, and it would require a few very minor tweaks (IPC's aren't restricted from being the captain on Paradise, and we use Trinary rather than EAL, for example.).

Of course, it wouldn't affect gameplay for the most part (As we don't enforce that the people playing the races know the culture of said race.), but such things like this should definitely be talked over by the community at large. What do you guys think of it?

Edit:

Here's our current IPC page.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Machine_People

Edited by Guest

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm.

Though incredibly expensive and very rare, some IPCs have chassis custom shaped and cast in a synthetic skin so as to appear more similar to organic beings such as Humans or Skrell.

This is something I once thought about when I thought of cyborgs Mk.2. Never thought it would turn out being IPCs but I would think of basically a more free willed, and thereby expensive, cyborg body that was not bound to the station or laws and could also look more human. Basically what IPCs are minus the look. Kind of like this but no Segway legs and more human shaped. I know there was a better image somewhere

Ours even has spehshul snowflake reference to an AI player for no apparent reason...I have NO idea why.

Bup or Sparkles?

Also, before I edit anything, I'd like Earthdivine and a few more people to post in their opinion personally as well.

• 1 month later...

Have we been taken over by a synthetic mafia?

all ur playerbase is belong to us

Though better backstory can only be a good thing.

Agreed.

I don't really get why a lot of people hate IPCs so much. We're not even that elitist about the whole synthetic thing. I get called a toaster a lot more than I use the words 'filthy organic' in trinary.

Why the hate? D:

Also, a better backstory for EVERYTHING would be a great idea, but I'm pretty sure it's incredibly hard to do without one specific person in charge of it...

The Bay lore for IPC's is surprisingly flexible, and even then, we don't really enforce people following the lore here, for the most part.

Think of it as a guideline.

Except "Synthetica" is now "The Positronic Union". Which kind of sounds nicer and a bit more... formal, anyways.

Edited by Guest

I don't really get why a lot of people hate IPCs so much. We're not even that elitist about the whole synthetic thing. I get called a toaster a lot more than I use the words 'filthy organic' in trinary.

Why the hate? D:

Also, a better backstory for EVERYTHING would be a great idea, but I'm pretty sure it's incredibly hard to do without one specific person in charge of it...

I haven't seen a /load/ of IPC haters recently but I doubt that many people actually hate them. I do notice that whenever the "lol xD synthetics master raise xd" shit starts up the hostility amongst and towards IPCs increase dramatically. It'd be better if we could just tone down that superiority bullshit in any new lore in case we get a "LORE IS SUPER STRICT OKAY JACKASSES" kind of person.

also i don't take toaster as an insult :<

I'm the original writer of the IPC page, or rather lore and everything else. I'd like an update to make it better, but I'd prefer, if my opinion matters, not to just copy Baystation's lore. I wrote this one primarily so Paradise could have lore for a race unique to it, and not copypasted from someone else.

If we want to improve it, we need to write up something better (or replacements for certain parts).

Do we want to have something completely original and different from Bay? I think considering the talk about IPC fabrication during shifts we'd need to alter a few parts.

I can try to write up a bunch of stuff if someone legit enough lays some basic outlines for what we need.

EDIT: I'M LEGIT ENOUGH NOW

Okay, I made a google doc with the basic outline, feel free to edit it however you see fit and let me know if I fucked something up.

IPC Lore for Paradise Station

EDIT 2: So a we've actually done some work on this, and it's going great! Feel free to edit all the stuff that's there (or even add new stuff, it's always good if there's more to read on the wiki), just don't griff it. <3

Okay, I made a google doc with the basic outline, feel free to edit it however you see fit and let me know if I fucked something up.

IPC Lore for Paradise Station

EDIT 2: So a we've actually done some work on this, and it's going great! Feel free to edit all the stuff that's there (or even add new stuff, it's always good if there's more to read on the wiki), just don't griff it. <3

This is hilarious.

I like it.

Okay, guys!

We did a ridiculously great job of making that document seem like something. I actually feel great about this. IMHO there still needs to be a lot more about the history, as that's a fun part of reading the wiki and making us less Bay. The doc is still open to commenting and editing, but don't grief too hard pls.

Feel free to contribute!

Link bump

I'm responsible for the IPC ERP part.

Actually thank blackmage because he put up with me threatening him with data cables and QR codes.

ALRIGHT, FELLOW SYNTHETICS

This is pretty much what we've got right now. After we get the names right, I think it's good to go onto the wiki. This is a new link, I've disabled editing here, you can only comment, feel free to do that.

LORE

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use